Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Terrorblade

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Terrorblade 33 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 30, 2014 2:07pm | Report
Why do people keep shouting about new heroes being OP?
Legion is fine, his moment of courage was just an issue with the dota 2 engine being different from the warcraft 3 engine causing it to proc too often when your attack speed is high enough.
That is fixed now and it wasnt even that bad unless he had + 100 damage from duel or more.

Ember spirit is also fine, hes very similar to kunnka IMO but with less pickoff and teamfight potential.

Earth spirit was the only obviously OP hero but now that he cant do his broken combo where he punches an enemy in your team to die, alomg with some other nerfs i think he is also fine.

Terrorblade has MUCH less utility and potential to slowly wear the opponent down then naga, and doenst have the most broken ulti in the game.
He is much more of a blend between a manfight and an illusion carry. He cant splitpush as well and is less viable radiance carrier becouse his illusions benefit so much more from AGI becouse of the 60% damage.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by fantoma » January 31, 2014 5:26am | Report
yeah i agree with you, actually i think that all heroes are pretty much balanced, maybe they should somehow raise the skill requirement for some heroes because some of them are way too easy to play.
like i said before i just need your opinion to prove my friends they are wrong :)

fantoma

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Grokk » January 31, 2014 1:45pm | Report
People just haven't seen him yet. Once they figure out that he is like every other illusion carry and you have to shut him down early, then it will be fine.

I actually think that Radiance isn't as good for him. Yes, it let's him farm a little faster, but I think his illusions are strong enough to farm pretty well without it. I haven't decided yet though.

At the very least, you are still spending the entire early game doing nothing but farming an item that only lets you farm some more. I think it gives up his very impressive early damage. I think if anything, he needs to tank up his HP a bit and start moving and shaking.

I go like to go Treads, Armlet, HoTD, Manta, Butterfly... It lets me come online early and still transition late.

Grokk

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by fantoma » February 1, 2014 2:46am | Report
i tried various builds now and i like the radiance, i usually get some kills with my friend who supports me and usually finish Aquilla, threads and Radiance about 16-17 min, depending how good am i playing (or how bad opponents are)
seems fine if i can get it early. when i won't be able to finish it that fast ill just go drums bkb/Manta or Satanic build.
thanks everyone for good advice and opinions.

fantoma

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 1, 2014 3:48am | Report
guys i was thinking... why not a drums+armlet+magic wand+power treads+yasha build for mid game dominanve with a good late-game transition ?

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by fantoma » February 1, 2014 5:52am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

guys i was thinking... why not a drums+armlet+magic wand+power treads+yasha build for mid game dominanve with a good late-game transition ?

this could be good, after that finish a manta and build another stat items?
but its not my playstyle. i usually, and especially in pubs, just go for a good farming build and rely on lategame comeback if needed.
but for an agressive playstyle, or even go agressive trilane with this, it could be good.
gonna try that one soon in a bit more organised games.

fantoma

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » February 1, 2014 6:19am | Report

I don't think Radiance is very good on him, unless you're sure you can rush it very early on (20-25 minutes?); I tried getting Power Treads, Ring of Aquila, Helm of the Dominator and Black King Bar (usual competitive build of Gyro, Luna and other AGI ranged carries) and I must say clearing stacked camps with lifesteal helps a lot. I still have to try an SnY/Manta into Skadi build, but I guess it works well too, if not better.

As you can read I'm not a huge fan of Radiance, so it might be just me.

Why Black King Bar core build? Or unless you're going up against a team like Phantom Assassin, Faceless Void, Lion, Earthshaker, Necrophos. But Black King Bar is very situational on him. You can get Power Treads, Helm of the Dominator, Drum of Endurance, Poor Man's Shield and Sange and Yasha and later make it into Manta Style.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » February 1, 2014 7:57am | Report
I kinda changed my mind: I think the BKB build is better if you're facing a hard cc team and you are playing a farming game (i.e. versus another farming Hero with lower carry potential), but most of the time Aquila + HotD + straight Manta/SnY gives you some really needed teamfight presence. You shouldn't pick Terrorblade versus lots of AoE stuns/disables anyway.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » February 2, 2014 5:19am | Report
although i was sceptical at first, i think that i like this hero after all.
His attack-animation is one of the best in the game and his base stats + stat growth arent too bad for an agility carry. Also very high initial armor.

Metamorphosis is an incredibly good midgame ability. Coupled with Conjure Image he packs a strong midgame-push and is also somewhat capable of flash-farming.

The ultimate is quite situational...its hard to say when to use it tbh....much like Vengeful Spirits Swap. But overall id say to use it cautiously rather than throwing it on any full health target. If used wisely and in conjunction with a Black King Bar it can be very dangerous though, as it can be used to essentially give your teams carry a second health bar (while also brining an enemy into 1shot range)

Although i like this hero so far, he surely has his flaws.... the early teamfight contribution is utter garbage and the lack of Aoe-damage and Hard CCs can make him a liability for his team... therefor i only recommend to pick him, if your team already has enough teamfight control.

For his items:

Like any other Illusion-based hero raw-stat items tend to do the trick. Manta Style, Eye of Skadi and Butterfly work exceptionally well on this hero. I havent tried it personally yet, but i might think that even a Necronomicon or Diffusal Blade might work very good on him (the necro for a pushing build, and the diffu for a ganking build obviously). BKB/Linkens + Sunder make him a nuisance to play against and are overall very good defensive choices. Some of you might already know my opinion of SnY but after testing it a few times i have to admit that it isnt half bad on TB...although i would only pick it over Manta Style if i need more midgame presence. Helm of the Dominator / Satanic work wonderful on this hero as well (again if used wisely in combination with Sunder) as it makes it even harder to kill you.

My preferred Item Build so far:

Power Treads, Helm of the Dominator (Later Satanic), Black King Bar, Manta Style, Eye of Skadi / Butterfly.

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » February 2, 2014 11:53pm | Report
My friends and I have been doing Terrorblade tri lanes. Opponents will ALWAYS aggressive tri lane because they think TB is a joke in lane. I've found him to be able to beat most tri lanes, honestly. The one we've probably had the most success with is TB, CM, and Lion/Rubick/Alch. Rubick especially because his ability to put a hero completely out of position with Telekinesis synergizes with Reflection. That slow is no joke. When the opposing supports approch to even out the damage, CM can slow their appraoch with a Q on all 3 heroes, and by then if they have committed enough space, the target is already dead and we can turn it into a double kill. By then the lane is won and we can just stack/pull uncontested or they take further losses.

I don't think TB will ever see high end competitive play, but he takes a lot of organization to counter. He can push SO FRIGGIN' FAST. If you get a good TB that doesn't mind pushing down towers with images and meta (Rather than ricing his lane), your team gathers so much gold so fast, it's hard for opponents to keep up. After you push all lanes to t2 or even t3 if you're pushing hard enough, snatch rosh with illusion spam and farm up.

We've also had the most success with the same items you listed L0bstz0r (Minus the diffusal and necro). We haven't tried BKB yet, but I don't see why it would be too bad. I guess it depends on how much lockdown they have. If there isn't much CC, the stats from BKB aren't as great compared to a slot with more utility like a manta or something.

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved