Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Spectre, Medusa, Void

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Spectre, Medusa, Void 69 posts - page 2 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » May 28, 2014 5:37am | Report
There's no order.

Void is mostly a counter to singlecore lineups, where there's one major threat that he can chrono and the enemy team folds. He's very overrated at low levels of play where teams give away 3-man ults like candy.

Medusa, Spectre are 5v5 carries that shred the entire enemy team at once, usually isolating the carry at the end. Generally these guys will **** on everything that isn't an "anti-singlecore" carry like Void or Doom Bringer, provided they can turtle the required ~30 minutes.

Splitpushing carries, mainly illusion heroes and Lycanthrope are all midgame carries, and basically have failed if they don't have a 30 minute barracks at the very latest. None of them are particularly difficult to focus and kill, they get progressively less useful as respawn timers get longer, and they tend to steal farm from their teams and give farm to the enemy via their constant pushing.

Timminatorr wrote:

ofc naga has song of the siren which is amazing in lategame to freeze their whole team while you take their base with illusions.

Towers are affected by song and become invulnerable.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 28, 2014 5:56am | Report
I know, i play radiance naga, but there are multiple rax and not all are in range of 1 song. What i mean is she can sleep the enemy team while your team takes an objective. Naga can push alone becouse there are atleast 2 core heroes needed to stop her.
So she pushes bot rax, walks into the base becouse she can, and then sleeps the enemy team while your team destroys top rax. For example, you can do so much evil stuff with it, its probably the best ultimate in the game.

You can definately make a theoretical order, its just that a game of dota has a lot of variables.

And illusion carries are not midgame heroes, lucan falls off yes but a naga crushes regular carries like luna.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eheroduelist » May 28, 2014 6:02am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

while terrorblade is more about brute force.

^^^^^

I was in a game against a 0-9 Terrorblade who could still push down Tier 1/2 with just Metamorphosis while we were 5 manning another lane.
He didn't have more than brown boots, couple of branches and maybe a Ring of Basilius.

Eheroduelist

Notable (2)
Steam: Ri'Ec.Ehero
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » May 28, 2014 6:27am | Report
Naga Siren crushes Luna? I have to disagree, because Moon Glaives will destroy Naga's illusions. Luna is a hard carry that should not be underestimated.

Luna with equal farm would in most circumstances destroy Naga Siren.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 28, 2014 6:36am | Report
Eheroduelist wrote:

I was in a game against a 0-9 Terrorblade who could still push down Tier 1/2 with just Metamorphosis while we were 5 manning another lane.
He didn't have more than brown boots, couple of branches and maybe a Ring of Basilius.

Anyone can Push down Tier 1/2s easily if no one is there to defend...even Crystal Maiden...
Krwiozerca wrote:

Naga Siren crushes Luna? I have to disagree, because Moon Glaives will destroy Naga's illusions. Luna is a hard carry that should not be underestimated.

Luna with equal farm would in most circumstances destroy Naga Siren.

With even Farm, the Naga Siren will have too much EHP later on to be scared of Moon Glaives. Yes they bounce, but they don't do much damage to an individual Illusion unless you're 6 Slotted or there's only 2 Illusions for some reason, meanwhile, you can't use Eclipse while the Illusions are there to Tank, Black King Bar doesn't help, and Song of the Siren means she can run away ( Ensnareing you if needed).

Finally, a Luna is very unlikely to have as much Farm as a Naga Siren unless the Naga got shut down early on. Flash Farming 3 Jungle Camps and a Lane at the same time with Illusions and Radiance tends to give Naga Siren a distinct advantage.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 28, 2014 6:55am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Anyone can Push down Tier 1/2s easily if no one is there to defend...even Crystal Maiden...

With even Farm, the Naga Siren will have too much EHP later on to be scared of Moon Glaives. Yes they bounce, but they don't do much damage to an individual Illusion unless you're 6 Slotted or there's only 2 Illusions for some reason, meanwhile, you can't use Eclipse while the Illusions are there to Tank, Black King Bar doesn't help, and Song of the Siren means she can run away ( Ensnareing you if needed).

Finally, a Luna is very unlikely to have as much Farm as a Naga Siren unless the Naga got shut down early on. Flash Farming 3 Jungle Camps and a Lane at the same time with Illusions and Radiance tends to give Naga Siren a distinct advantage.

exactly, naga doesnt care about glaives, you underestimate naga as she is a true HARD carry.

a six slotted luna isnt that unlikely though, because she starts farming really fast after she gets her manta, but for luna is just autoattacks and some magic damage that naga completely ignores, while naga is complete global farming pushing annihilation.
and dont forget that you cant lifesteal off illusions.

that seperates the carries from hard carries. simple rightclickers like luna or shadow fiend will always be outcarried by a true hard carry like spectre or naga.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » May 28, 2014 8:04am | Report
Naga and Luna are both fast farming carries and typically will become 6 slotted at about the same time, 30-40 minutes depending on skill level and team cooperation (recent competitive games actually show Luna having a higher potential GPM than Naga). Neither of them are hard carries. There are only 4 true hard carries:

Medusa. Splitshot is easily the best DPS steroid in the game, manashield is amazing scaling EHP, and stone gaze can easily win a bad teamfight/force a retreat.

Spectre. Haunt is one of the best mobility spells in the game, and Dispersion gives scaling EHP and permanent semi-blademail.

Morphling. The only hero in the game with scaling burst damage. Replicate is also among the best mobility spells.

Faceless Void. Kind of a borderline. Everything he can chrono, he can kill (this isn't as much against better players), plus Backtrack is a huge scaling EHP boost. Timewalk and bash are helpful as well.

Naga has a decent at best damage steroid (illusions/riptide), no innate EHP boost, and no built-in mobility. Her only saving grace is her ult and even that's much less relevent once the enemy team has multiple BKB's, and even less so once boots of travel start showing up.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 28, 2014 9:33am | Report

Faceless Void. Kind of a borderline. Everything he can chrono, he can kill (not as much against better players), plus Backtrack is a huge scaling EHP boost. Timewalk and bash are helpful as well.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/665987276

One of my last Luna games, whenever Void Chronoed me 1 vs 1, I always got Eclipse off first! 8{D

Poor guy couldn't Kill me, I didn't even die that game until I overextended, getting the Last Hit on their Mid Rax! X{D

Luna == Harder than Faceless Void 8{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » May 28, 2014 3:07pm | Report
If you guys could help I could create a carry hierarchy

Just list off the hardest carries and then ranks of less carry carry's in descending order and I will format it all into a guide
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » May 28, 2014 4:47pm | Report
Carry's into late game:
1. Faceless Void
2. Medusa
3. Anti-Mage
4. Naga/specter
5. Luna (more mid game focus)
6. Gyro (dem divines)

This was just a list off the top of my head, so for being terrible.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved