Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Spectre, Medusa, Void

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Spectre, Medusa, Void 69 posts - page 3 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dota2expert » May 28, 2014 7:06pm | Report
I think Antimage isn't that good late in most situations. Based on all I've seen and heard,

T1: Super late
Spectre
Medusa
Morphling
Phantom Lancer [very situational]
Void

T2: Outfarmers - reach 6 slot during midgame and finish
Alchemist
Antimage
Doom
Nature's Prophet

T3: Midgame
Luna
Sniper[borderline early/mid]
Chaos Knight[can be lategame; depends]

dota2expert

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » May 28, 2014 7:24pm | Report
alright, the guide is out, feel free to make suggestions as I have stylized it as a "community guide"
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » May 28, 2014 7:41pm | Report
dota2expert wrote:

I think Antimage isn't that good late in most situations. Based on all I've seen and heard,

T1: Super late
Spectre
Medusa
Morphling
Phantom Lancer [very situational]
Void

T2: Outfarmers - reach 6 slot during midgame and finish
Alchemist
Antimage
Doom
Nature's Prophet

T3: Midgame
Luna
Sniper[borderline early/mid]
Chaos Knight[can be lategame; depends]

Wait guys, is the first time he isn't trolling us.... welcome friend.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dota2expert » May 28, 2014 7:50pm | Report
Sorry for that first post, couldn't help it. I've seen Antimage listed as a lategame carry many times, but I don't see why. Even a 6 slotted tiny can 1v1 him('even' because Tiny's main burst is magical).

dota2expert

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dota2expert » May 28, 2014 8:08pm | Report
In your guide, I might swap Antimage and Morphling. If there's a storm spirit or underfarmed Leshrac on the other team, sure, Antimage can deliver a million burst damage total if they're not careful, but the mana burn itself scales poorly, and other than Skywrath and Morphling, there aren't really that many magic nukes that Spell Shield will be useful against in the later stages. Blink is arguably the best escape mechanism in the game(other than some of the global teleportation skills), but it's really used to outfarm. An antimage is going to want to win fights and then push. I think a hierarchy like that would be a misrepresentation because some of the splitpushers have abilities that technically scale better than others, but they can't really win teamfights(morph, phantom lancer, even tinker with his permahex can be a pain since most teams are going to send over a support to stop splitpush, at least in low levels) - you would pick the carry that your team needs. Outworld Devourer should also be placed in the 2nd tier(2nd tier because of BKB and Pipe). Overall, good guide.

dota2expert

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » May 28, 2014 8:53pm | Report
lads but as much as i agree with you all for the rest of it ....

nothing beats a six slotted [Phantom Assassin] in 1v1 ....

rapier satanic bkb butterfly abyssl bf

70 mins in i sold [Boots of Travel] and went toe to toe against a 6 slotted [Medusa] and in one crit she was dead, i then went on and went toe to toe with their faceless 20 seconds later... he was 6 slotted also ... i was down to 400hp after he chrono'd me and in one crit with satanic activated i went back to full hp and killed him...
2.5k crit with a 175% lifesteal equals over 3.5k damage.... now this was a freak of nature. this never happens. ive had games where i hit a wraith king 12 times in a row with no crit.

but never underestimate the Phantom.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » May 28, 2014 9:33pm | Report
Oh, on the idea of PA being a good carry, maybe add in a section in the guide about chance carries such as PA and any others such as WK or Juggernaut
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » May 29, 2014 1:18am | Report
Had a go at this a while ago... - it's really quite tricky. Thing is trying to match up the stats based theory stuff with your actual ingame experiences. Allies/situation also have a massive impact, counter-picks matter, so trying to reduce it to which carry is better is also a futile exercize. Can still be useful to give newer players a clue though.

And as you say, on occasion a hero like Phantom Assassin will have a blinder and take out theoretically "harder" carries.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » May 29, 2014 2:05am | Report
if you guys could post on the guide it would be a lot easier for me

thanks
Fleet

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » May 29, 2014 2:08am | Report
PA would get rekt by most carries with MKB, I can beat her with timbersaw lmao(heart of tarresque & blademail

FleetAU

Notable (16)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved