Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Solo mid counters to OD

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Solo mid counters to OD 40 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by GladFpoon » July 20, 2013 12:55pm | Report
OD been getting picked up more and more in the competitive scene, and he's continually dominating his midlane against almost every hero he's been put up against with an exception to Razor. Try putting an int hero against OD, you lose mana for your skills and base damage. Try putting a DK, a Magnus, or a TA against him, you have your mana stolen and no longer are able to use your abilities.
Is there any hero other than a Razor to beat OD in the mid? Maybe a Sniper?

GladFpoon

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 20, 2013 1:12pm | Report
Timbersaw and Batrider if played correctly.

Also a Queen of Pain can make him some problems.

Even Dragon Knight is great, he's hard to kill, a lot of regen and he can spam Breathe Fire when he has the mana.

Another good counter to him is Bloodseeker, who can last hit easily, heal up quickly and even kill Outworld Devourer at level six. His silence is also useful.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » July 20, 2013 1:20pm | Report
LD will beat an OD and Huskar can as well.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by thippo » July 20, 2013 2:38pm | Report
I main as Timbersaw and I'm not feeling that he can counter OD in a 1v1 situation, especially on mid. Mid Timbersaw is kind of situational and, in my opinion, either requires that your opponent be a poor laner such as Invoker or a hero who relies almost entirely on their auto attack for damage like Bloodseeker. You could argue OD relies on his auto attack, and he does, but I don't think Timbersaw can handle not having a mana pool. Gonna have to ask why he counters him, Hades. <3

As for Bloodseeker, it is a decent counter IF you can catch him right after he used Astral Imprisonment, else you're screwed because he can just wait out the Rupture unless you somehow have the mana for both your spells.

thippo

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 20, 2013 2:58pm | Report
thippo wrote:

I main as Timbersaw and I'm not feeling that he can counter OD in a 1v1 situation, especially on mid. Mid Timbersaw is kind of situational and, in my opinion, either requires that your opponent be a poor laner such as Invoker or a hero who relies almost entirely on their auto attack for damage like Bloodseeker. You could argue OD relies on his auto attack, and he does, but I don't think Timbersaw can handle not having a mana pool. Gonna have to ask why he counters him, Hades. <3

As for Bloodseeker, it is a decent counter IF you can catch him right after he used Astral Imprisonment, else you're screwed because he can just wait out the Rupture unless you somehow have the mana for both your spells.

The Alliance ran Timbersaw against Outworld Devourer and it went out really well. I suggest you to watch that match.

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by GladFpoon » July 20, 2013 6:31pm | Report
Yeah Hades is right, s4 ran Timbersaw mid against OD w/ a max Adaptive Armor and Whirling Death build and actually won the lane. OD even got help from a Bane that went first point Enfeeble and s4 still managed to win his lane against the OD.

GladFpoon

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yasutsuna » July 20, 2013 9:38pm | Report
i remembered playing a mid Naga against OD, which is pretty dumb. Main reason I went mid is because my team picked late and I can't just give OD free farm.

Thankfully, all I need to do was survive and the Bloodseeker came at level 6 (he was doing a solo dire top) and sent him to heavens.

if you got a bad pick against OD, just survive and let your teammates aid you. That's the best you can do.

Yasutsuna
<Veteran>

Memorable (51)
Steam: Yasutsuna
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 21, 2013 1:05am | Report
Silencer, Pugna, Viper, Kunkka, Huskar, Lone Druid, Beastmaster.Need more?

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » July 21, 2013 5:34am | Report
Silencer is a great counter yeah.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 21, 2013 8:17am | Report
I don't find Silencer such a good counter to him. So far, I've destroyed all Silencers that faced me on mid when I played Outworld Devourer.

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved