Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Solo mid counters to OD

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Solo mid counters to OD 40 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » August 18, 2013 11:21pm | Report

Would pugna work against od?

Yeah, but not in lane.

Pugna will still get crushed early on. He only gets better once OD is farmed, when he starts spamming his orb.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Vash » August 19, 2013 7:18pm | Report
Has anyone mentioned Puck?

If played well, you can completely stymie an OD's progress in lane. You have a longer right click reach for safe cs and harassment. You can phase shift any dmg (except I wouldn't recommend trying to phase away astral imprisonment in most cases), and eventually you can orb into a silence for a kill gank.
"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that." - Vash the Stampede

Lest we forget...

Vash

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » August 19, 2013 7:45pm | Report
OD has the same range as puck(i think) and better damage plus once he stacks imprisons,you have no mana for anything and no damage. Plus puck doesnt have good int gain either.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » August 19, 2013 7:51pm | Report
Ancient Hero wrote:

OD has the same range as puck(i think) and better damage plus once he stacks imprisons,you have no mana for anything and no damage. Plus puck doesnt have good int gain either.

Puck has a higher attack range. Though pretty much any INT hero gets shut down by OD in lane, and Puck isn't an exception.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » August 20, 2013 2:40pm | Report
Sniper actually does well with his range, can do some serious damage while kiting OD, maxing your range passive keeps you away from astral imprisonment.
Magnus can zone him out with shockwave.
QoP wrecks OD if you know how to play her
Shadow Fiend because of necromastery, hits like a truck, with a bottle can still get razes off
Viper destroys him, that poison ruins his day
Pudge--all you need is mana for one hook, the slow from rot is icing on the cake

OD is very gankable also
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » August 21, 2013 12:35pm | Report
Puck has a 600 range, OD has 450 I believe?(not sure).

The problem with Sniper is that once he gets astraled like twice at level 6, he is just going to die in 2 hits+ Sanity's Eclipse.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » August 21, 2013 1:07pm | Report
sulaxrox wrote:

Sniper actually does well with his range, can do some serious damage while kiting OD, maxing your range passive keeps you away from astral imprisonment.
Magnus can zone him out with shockwave.
QoP wrecks OD if you know how to play her
Shadow Fiend because of necromastery, hits like a truck, with a bottle can still get razes off
Viper destroys him, that poison ruins his day
Pudge--all you need is mana for one hook, the slow from rot is icing on the cake

OD is very gankable also

Sniper can win against him, Magnus will lose his mana quickly thanks to his low int pool and OD players often get tranquil boots. QoP loses damage and mana from imprison and her shadow strike has a somewhat long animation and she needs to get in close for scream. SF will lose hard early on but if he gets some souls it will be easier. Viper's orb has a high mana cost so he cant spam it but he doesn't lose as hard to OD and pudge will plain out die.Hook needs to be at least 2 or 3 and by then he will have lost so hard in cs as well has od being able to harass due to his low armor. Pudge also has bad int gain and OD can astral him and walk away.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » August 22, 2013 4:48am | Report
Hmmmm, Pudge can kill him early on if OD over commits because of the slow coming off rot, hook him back in and kill him, at least thats how ive experienced it..but then again there are a lot of fail OD's
Also warlock, fatal bonds+dot can zone him out fairly easily if they arent too great, and aat 6 the golem will destroy him.
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » November 6, 2013 9:19am | Report
Disruptor

Thunder Strike is enough to harass him and make him burn regen. Plus if OD tries to get close enough for Astral Imprisonment just Glimpse him away. Then once you get Static Storm you can silence him, and Sanity's Eclipse isn't as effective because your intelligence scales almost as well as OD's.

I've only played mid with Disruptor once and it was against Outworld Devourer and I was honestly pretty successful.

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Steam: Tyerker
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by lasvegasss » November 7, 2013 8:10am | Report
Batrider and Razor.

lasvegasss

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved