Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Solo mid counters to OD

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Solo mid counters to OD 40 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by GladFpoon » July 21, 2013 8:40am | Report
Don't really see Beastmaster beating OD mid, axes mana cost is high, Beastmaster's base int is pretty low, and he's a melee hero. It's like putting a TA against him.

GladFpoon

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 21, 2013 9:34am | Report
GladFpoon wrote:

Don't really see Beastmaster beating OD mid, axes mana cost is high, Beastmaster's base int is pretty low, and he's a melee hero. It's like putting a TA against him.

Don't care about the farm, all I need is Bottle and boots, then its of to roaming.Let the OD rot in his lane farming, while you take down their team.

I believe it was LGD.cn who did it agaist Orange, and it worked out pretty well.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yoda » July 21, 2013 10:27am | Report
While not common in pubs, the biggest OD counter is dual lanes.
Many teams have ran it before with a Io+ Chaos Knight combo, and Lich/ Shadow Demon+(insert mid hero here)
That's why he loses to a LD.
"Success is like being pregnant, everybody congratulates you, but nobody knows how many times you were f**ked."

Yoda

Notable (9)
Steam: useyourname1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Droes » July 23, 2013 5:57am | Report
Whatever you do, don't pick tiny :p
Life is really simple, but we insist in making it complicated.
~Confucius

Droes

Notable (3)
Steam: Goddamn Hippie
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jaslam » July 23, 2013 9:01am | Report
Huskar though not available for CM, will likely be quite comfortable with this lane.. he can't kill an OD, but OD will have a hard time killing him too (until 6..) and at level 6, Huskar should gank anyway.. it will come down to skill level regarding farm, naturally OD will have an advantage with the int buff from astral.

only problem is late game, OD's orb will go through your buff / tankiness - which will work against you - but once he's casted astral, it will be easy to quickly burst him down..

only problem I have with huskar mid, is he doesn't need runes (or rather he doesn't need a bottle) that said, with a rune, he's a better ganker than OD - haste, invi, DD all work very nicely on a huskar who has a few levels in burning spears.. I guess at some point, OD has no use for a bottle either, he just get's it to for the opposing mid's rune control..

jaslam

Remarkable (21)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Raylord » July 24, 2013 12:55am | Report
I feel like Templar Assassin could be a good counter, but that's just a theory.

Raylord

Notable (3)
Steam: {BRUV} Monoploid Ammonation
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Droes » July 24, 2013 1:19am | Report
Raylord wrote:

I feel like Templar Assassin could be a good counter, but that's just a theory.

It isn't really,
TA depends on her spells to much, and has to little int to begin with. when you get imprisonned 2 times you'll simply won't have enough mana to cast a spell.

like tiny, he got imprisonned 2 times and only had 63 mana. his mana was full but it was only 63.
-> not enough to cast a spell :/
Life is really simple, but we insist in making it complicated.
~Confucius

Droes

Notable (3)
Steam: Goddamn Hippie
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KeepCalm » July 30, 2013 6:26am | Report
I think it was Fnatic who ran Io + CK agains an OD mid, and it worked so well he was crushed.
Heroes that can constantly put pressure while still farm well (even with less inteligence) are the ones to win OD in the middle lane. Unfortunatelly most intelligence heroes need mana to put pressure (that's why even the dominant QoP/TA/Puck loses to him). The only intelligence hero that i see will do a decent job with him is Lich, since he can nuke and get his mana back, while the enemy has his experience gain crippled. I saw it on competitive just once though.
Other option is definitelly razor, since static link don't need much mana to be cast, and the big deal of OD (his dmg from stolen intelligence) is diminished or turned against him.
Huskar isn't on the -cm, so we don't know just how well he would do against an experienced OD.
Someone once told me about pugna and i thought about it for a sec... Never tried it, and never seen on competitive, but the idea of OD being zaped by nether ward every time he imprisons (and imprison cost a lot of mana) is pretty nice, and ward isn't that much costly on mana. Pugna has a high manapool.
The downside of pugna would be that he wouldn't farm that much on lane, except if he was pushing it with nether blast, and he wouldn't cast it much for the int stollen.

KeepCalm

Steam: KeepCalm. Do a Sunday Smile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » July 31, 2013 12:44am | Report
My go to hero in this situation would be Huskar - not at all mana reliant and has plenty of damage to stand his ground in a hitting fight. Razor could also work ok, though he's more mana dependent. Pugna not really convinced about - incredibly mana reliant, and it's difficult/expensive to keep Nether Ward running all the time.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jaslam » July 31, 2013 6:19am | Report
@sando, if you went Razor you won't level your first skill - just link and purge - as the link only costs 25 mana, once you have boots you can chase OD for ever.. static link will also stay up through imprison..

jaslam

Remarkable (21)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved