Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Non-standard carry

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Non-standard carry 26 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Raylord » March 3, 2013 6:47pm | Report
I recently saw a nature's prophet do very, very well as a late game carry. Not only was I surprised but it also peeked my interested about non-standard carries. I know that prophet is listed as a carry but nonetheless it is rare to see.

Raylord

Notable (3)
Steam: {BRUV} Monoploid Ammonation
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mightycookie » March 3, 2013 8:47pm | Report
there are a lot of nonstandard carries.
vengeful spirit can do very well as a carry
lina can carry to an extent thanks to her crazy attack speed
dazzle can also carry, he is almost unkillable if he gets a aegis. if im playing a carry dazzle, i get desolator armlet and a rapier with aegis, thats enough to rape without dying.

mightycookie

Notable (5)
Steam: nohanmeza
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » March 3, 2013 8:52pm | Report
veno can carry pretty easily, ES, Brew, Omni, Mag

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » March 3, 2013 9:57pm | Report
When Keeper of the light first came out in test I carried my sorry bots to victory with stacking rapiers. How did I get this farm? The other team bots did not try to avoid my illuminate.

But on topic competitive team have started to use Gyro as a cary.
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Vash » March 3, 2013 10:17pm | Report
Enchantress can carry if the other team lets her.
"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that." - Vash the Stampede

Lest we forget...

Vash

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » March 4, 2013 12:49am | Report
Most heroes can carry to some degree, given enough equipment - the question is whether they're a "cost effective" carry or not. I.e. how well they perform with a given level of gold to spend.

All "good" carries have some combination of:

- Farming speed
- Good primary stat growth
- Decent agility growth
- Passives that scale well

Nature's Prophet has no passives, but his farming speed and stats growth are both pretty good.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Voldine » March 4, 2013 10:09am | Report
Meepo.

Nobody expects him to actually carry a game once it gets past a certain point because everyone has the mindset that Meepo is only good if the game doesn't reach the 40-50 minute mark. Few people know how to exploit the true strength of a stat-focused carry that direct +damage items simply do not work for.

Yes, he's INSANELY expensive to build for, but once he's attacking almost twice a second with all five Meepo for over 1200 damage incoming on a single target BEFORE factoring in Geostrike damage, well...

Voldine

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » March 4, 2013 12:42pm | Report
Treant Protector, in my opinion, is better played as a carry than as a support: I know that some people used to build a Radiance on him, but I tried an Armlet of Mordiggian + Mask of Madness build that worked.

What about Necrolyte? Many people says he can carry with Scythe of Vyse and stuff like that, but I tried to use Hand of Midas + Radiance on him: insane farming capabilities and, if you pick a Heart of Tarrasque right after them, you can kill enemies by literally standing close to them.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » March 4, 2013 1:07pm | Report

Treant Protector, in my opinion, is better played as a carry than as a support: I know that some people used to build a Radiance on him, but I tried an Armlet of Mordiggian + Mask of Madness build that worked.

What about Necrolyte? Many people says he can carry with Scythe of Vyse and stuff like that, but I tried to use Hand of Midas + Radiance on him: insane farming capabilities and, if you pick a Heart of Tarrasque right after them, you can kill enemies by literally standing close to them.

Treant does well with a Mjollnir now. He's all around great utility in almost anything but a mid. He could probably suicide lane...

Necrolyte doesn't need a Hand of Midas, a Mek - Bloodstone - Radiance and he'll still be effective at 70 minutes. You can go into a Shivas and other things, really to be a carry all you have to do is build durability, you don't even need a Radiance. I've built a Bloodstone and a BKB on him and was being effective.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » March 4, 2013 1:31pm | Report
Necrolyte can definitely be a carry, perhaps not a conventional one with massive right click, but a carry none the less.

Either you start as a carry and go from there, or his farming speed means he can go from support -> carry. Sadist and Death Pulse work brilliantly together once you have a decent number of levels in both.

The funny thing is that most people don't see him as too much of a threat, but he has amazing survivability with the right equipment, and Reaper's Scythe can suddenly turn an encounter on it's head.

Personally I like the Aghanim's Scepter + Bloodstone combo on him - your health and mana pools are so big that you can be constantly spamming Death Pulse and swinging the fight your way.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved