Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Necrophos and Death Prophet, the perfect couple?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Necrophos and Death Prophet, the perfect couple? 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by T1mmay » January 30, 2014 5:50am | Report
Ok guys hear me out before you reject my idea as stupid.

Does anyone else think that Necrophos and Death Prophet have the ultimate push power when put together? Just think, they are both very tanky once they have a few items on them, and have the ability to clear a creep wave instantly with the combination of Crypt Swarm and Death Pulse. They can take down towers with the use of Exorcism whilst being sustained in a long tower siege by Death Pulse and the Mek which Necrophos will probably get.

They can both go mid or safe lane depending on the matchups they will likely get, and although whoever goes mid will probably struggle to farm as well against some mids, a support could assist in the mid to make safer for them to farm.

They lack stuns, but that can be made up for by the other heroes in the team, support heroes such as a Shadow Shaman, Leshrac, or Windranger, who can also contribute to the push strategy.

The possibilities for the offlane hero to synergise with this is great. You could choose an offlaner who has a range of fear. By that i mean the ability to jump quickly on heroes if they are defending a tower on their own to get a quick pick off. Examples of this are Clockwerk, Spirit Breaker, or even a Puck offlane against some lineups. Another possibility is forcing the enemy to split up and make them unable to 5 man defend towers, heroes such as Nature's Prophet and Broodmother.

I know this is very theoretical but does anyone else think that these two heroes have as much potential as I see in a mid game mega push strat?

T1mmay

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » January 30, 2014 7:32am | Report
Leshrac and Chen...can take towers much earlier, and much harder.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 30, 2014 8:08am | Report
Leshrac+nature's/chen/enchantress=pushing madness

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 30, 2014 9:43am | Report
Putting only pushing heroes in your team does not make your team good at pushing. Becouse they dont compensate for eachother's weakpoints.
For example a pugna + chen is going to push better then dp + necro + lesh.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eheroduelist » January 30, 2014 10:51am | Report
It really comes down to who gets the farm &/ kills.

Those kind of lineups CAN do painfully well and can snowball out of control, but if they fall behind they don't play very good catch-up. In a lineup like that you usually throw in a tank and/or a ganker (ie: Timbersaw/Slark/etc) and from there you snowball.

Eheroduelist

Notable (2)
Steam: Ri'Ec.Ehero
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » January 30, 2014 11:02am | Report
A lot of people are very pessimistic about this idea, and while I'm not that optimistic myself I agree with the Death Prophet choice. About Necrophos though, I'd rather get a Nature's Prophet, Broodmother or any other split pusher so that DP can stay with the team and push somewhere while Brood or Furion solo push somewhere else. Other good substitutions to DP are, as said above, Chen, Pugna, Leshrac or even Juggernaut (I'm surprised that nobody mentioned his Healing Ward), though I think DP is too underestimated for what she gives.

In other words, Death Prophet + Nature's Prophet/ Broodmother does the job better, in my opinion. You also have room for a stronger carry if needed.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PeachFuzz » January 30, 2014 11:26am | Report
The other team can just have 2 nuke heroes destroy the creepwave before it even touches tower. Then you're left with ****ty right click and maybe Exorcism, but that isn't very good by itself at level 6. Why not get a Lesh + anyherothatcansummonthings (Brood, Enchant, Chen, Furion, Lone Druid, etc.) and get the tower in 2-3 creep waves at level 5?

PeachFuzz

Notable (11)
Steam: PeachFuzz
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » January 30, 2014 11:59am | Report
Terrorblade + Lycanthrope. The best pusher is Terrorblade flowed by Lycanthrope.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 30, 2014 12:33pm | Report
TB is bad, he just runs away once the TP's come in.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by T1mmay » January 30, 2014 12:45pm | Report
Ok so a lot people are saying why not just push earlier. My thoughts with this line up is that it is against a few heroes that have some kind of long ranged harass that is hero targeted, forcing you to back off as you take too much damage to want to remain under tower. Examples of this are Illuminate or Heat-Seeking Missile or Ice Shards. A Leshrac is great at pushing but if you've played him a bit you know the feeling when you have to back off from a tower as you know you aren't safe.

My idea of the Necrophos pick is for that heal which can keep the attack on the tower sustained, even against harass. Some heroes will be capable of smashing the creep wave even with this heal, but that is why I suggest an offlaner with a "zone of fear", so for them to come close to the creep wave they have to take a risk.

I know other heroes can do this earlier in the game than these two, but my idea behind this is against a team that can prevent that early push, so you push in the golden time for this team, which would be a small window, around the 20-30 minute mark. This is the point when your heroes will be able to push towers against the harass you will be facing and before their carry gets too many key items.

I'm quite new to the idea of attempting to draft a team, so am trying to think outside the box.

And Timminator, the team I'm suggesting isn't completely push heroes, it's Death and Necro for the push, the supports needed are ones with control, I just named a few that had control and could assist with the push, but that's not essential for them to do.

T1mmay

Notable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved