Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Jugg Playstyle and Build Thoughts?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Jugg Playstyle and Build Thoughts? 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » March 17, 2015 10:15pm | Report
So I had quite a lot of success in lobbies with friends of mine with this tactic. Pick Juggernaut and purchase Boots of Speed. Get spin. Try to get the rune, but if not, wait till you have 275 gold and purchase and Orb of Venom. Then go full roaming jugg, knocking out lanes that have pushed up too far using spin and then clubbing them and slowing with the Orb. Max spin and crits (and get ulti at regular levels), but max stats before heal.

Item progression goes like this;
Boots of Speed > Orb of Venom > Phase Boots > Drum of Endurance > Sange and Yasha > Mjollnir > Eye of Skadi with an optional Blink Dagger if you think it's necessary. Thoughts boys?

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » March 18, 2015 12:09am | Report
i do the same with Earth shaker and abbadon and ogre and slardar and sven and tree

ez kills ez mmr ez win gg wp bobo

shall try with jugg now

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeveNthSense » March 18, 2015 12:17am | Report
Lol it sounds like singsing with every hero:

Boots of Speed + Orb of Venom -> Phase Boots -> Bracer + Bracer + Bracer + Bracer

SeveNthSense

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » March 18, 2015 12:46am | Report
you forgot a Bracer.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeveNthSense » March 18, 2015 1:43am | Report
O right you gotta cell dat Orb...unless you meant the infamous 7 slot bracer

SeveNthSense

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » March 18, 2015 1:45am | Report
the seven slot bracer build with a courier with you at all times to swap out the orb if you are feeling extra manly.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » March 18, 2015 2:34am | Report
+rep^^^

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » March 18, 2015 5:32am | Report
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » March 18, 2015 7:38pm | Report
Thank you KoDy for that wonderful suggestion. I now will try and instawin game.

But, all Singsing references aside, what do you guys think of the build and stuff?

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » March 21, 2015 10:13am | Report
Drum of Endurance feels like a wasted item on Juggernaut currently, compared to Mask of Madness which provides more movement speed overall, lifesteal for endless farming and Roshan control, and far more damage.

A far cheaper alternative is Ring of Aquila which offers some nice early game mana regeneration, and the stats you sustain you in early skirmishes while you pick up farm.

I'm quoting meta here, but the 'PRM' build is pretty standard for a reason currently I feel.

P Phase Boots
R Ring of Aquila
M Mask of Madness

The trifecta of items that allow you to fight, farm, push and Roshan, for a very cheap cost.

After that, it depends entirely on what you need. Popular options include an early Butterfly if you're against a team that does a lot of right click damage but hasn't started building the Monkey King Bar.

Mjollnir is a farm accelerator, and should be gotten as one of the earlier items in your build if you decide to pick it up.

Eye of Skadi is incredible, not only do the stats bulk him up considerably, but because of the slow.

Manta Style is usually built after a casual Yasha for even more speed and the ability to push faster and dodge projectiles/remove debuffs.

Skull Basher provides him with some much needed lockdown, as he lacks a stun. This is usually built into an Abyssal Blade when you have the funds later on.

Skill build wise, I still really feel like the 1-1-1-1 build with stats is the way to go, until you're level 10+. It makes you much harder to deal with in lane, and Juggernaut has the luxury of the 1st point in each skill being extremely valuable.

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved