Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

item choices for silencer

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » item choices for silencer 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by shroy » November 8, 2013 4:15am | Report
Hey guys...have been playing silencer regularly for around 6 months and wanted to know more viable items for him...
As for me i get the power treads first then rush mek along with wards(sentry if its called for) and smoke if no hard support and force staff
then comes the part i still get confused on even after playing him for so long.....
i used to get sceptre on him to just buff up the ult a little but then slowly started to go for rod of atos cause it increases ur int and ur damage from glaives or both the items if game is going well for the team.......
but which item to go for after all these are done?
scythe or bloodstone or linkens?

shroy

Steam: ShauRya
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » November 8, 2013 5:14am | Report
Silencer is, like Necrolyte awkward whether he is a carry or a support. While you won't have much as a carry, as a support you only contribute a silence and some damage.

As a carry you could get Shadow Blade or something on him and gank a lot to fight mid game with the intel you gathered.

As a support you would most likely get some utility items, like Force Staff, Eul's Scepter of Divinity and Pipe of Insight after your Mekansm to give your team better teamfight capabilities. You probably won't want to get wards that much (still buy them, just not like a hard supp) for the utility items you should get.

I actually like to play him as a #3 because he can't contribute that much as a support that much but his carry potential is outclassed heavily by others.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 8, 2013 5:51am | Report
Silencer is a pretty good mek hero. Force staff is always great. If you are going for more damage, orchid is great and allows you to spam glaives forever.
Hex is always good in late game also.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » November 8, 2013 5:55am | Report
Support Silencer is pretty useless. I mean, his nuke damage and stats aren't that bad, but having no stun means not getting any early kills thus making his early game very gold-hungry. If you go mid (which should be your preferred lane) getting a Mekansm is fine, but you might want to go for a Bottle as your first item (even before Boots, Wand etc.); from that point, either Force Staff, Rod of Atos or Orchid Malevolence are good choices. Most of the time Wards are not needed in this case, but you will have to buy them if your team has none: provided you get the Mekansm in a reasonable amount of time you already have great teamfight presence; spending a bit more gold for vision is definitely important.

If you're getting good farm and/or early kills you could try the Shadow Blade build as samukobo said (getting it straight after Bottle and Treads) and then build INT items like the ones listed above. Scythe of Vyse is a great third item also.

If you're going to support go to the safe lane (preferably with a carry that has a stun like Skeleton King, Sven, Luna, Chaos Knight and so on) and focus on getting gold from creep pulls and ganks from behind; Observer Wards are a priority but, as you don't need much mana, you can go Boots of Speed into Mekansm/ Force Staff maybe getting a Wand before completing one of these items.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » November 8, 2013 6:05pm | Report
This are my Items in Order starting with mid-game. Power Treads -> Force Staff -> Mekansm -> Euls -> Rod of Atos -> Orchid Malevolence -> then to BKB or Aghs depending or the situation. It is a proven strategy.

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by shroy » November 8, 2013 6:38pm | Report
thanks for the response guys..tried orchid yesterday....the damage increase helps and annoys the other team even more(we all get annoyed when silenced:-))

as for scythe dont yet have a game that went that long with silencer,usually i help my team dominate with ult and opponents dont have enough int left to use big ult(like 1 time a jug didnt have enough mana to omnislash)

shroy

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » November 9, 2013 10:17am | Report
BKvoiceover wrote:

This are my Items in Order starting with mid-game. Power Treads -> Force Staff -> Mekansm -> Euls -> Rod of Atos -> Orchid Malevolence -> then to BKB or Aghs depending or the situation. It is a proven strategy.

You should switch Force Staff and Mekansm the other way around: early heal wins fights more than early mobility. I'd also skip Eul's, but that's my opinion.

Returning on topic: that's basically it, if you are good at playing Silencer you should be able to carry the mid game and potentially scale into late game with Vyse or Shiva's. I also see you wrote about Bloodstone and Linken's Sphere: the former is not needed because the stats from Atos or Vyse should be enough to keep you alive (if you're looking for more HP) and almost all these items are INT-based so you don't need the regen; Linken's is a possible choice but I wouldn't take it unless I were up against a Doom, Beastmaster or Bane because of their ultimates.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by shroy » November 10, 2013 12:07am | Report
also tried shivas 2day.....helps if theres a hero like sven in opponent team plus increases carry potential

shroy

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » November 10, 2013 10:20am | Report
BKvoiceover wrote:

The aghs is trash at that point.Just get a hex/shiva's at that point.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by shroy » November 10, 2013 10:36am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

The aghs is trash at that point.Just get a hex/shiva's at that point.

i have tried this build...this is mainly to increase ur pure damage while adding escape and disable.....
and i agree shivas or scythe work better than sceptre according to my exp...
oh and btw has anyone ever built bkb on silencer?

shroy

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved