Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Evil Lane Combos

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Evil Lane Combos 157 posts - page 15 of 16
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » February 1, 2015 9:46am | Report
What about....

Visage + Drow?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » February 1, 2015 2:45pm | Report
Pudge + Techies = Easy way to bring people into mines.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 1, 2015 2:52pm | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

Pudge + Techies = Easy way to bring people into mines.

Tiny
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by gingerino » February 4, 2015 10:02am | Report
I've always wondered about this one, but does Ursa + Nature's Prophet work? Earthshock-> Sprout (trapping both Ursa and the target together) -> Overpower -> Kill

gingerino

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 4, 2015 10:36am | Report
gingerino wrote:

Yes it works, but it's not very good. Problem is, you have no way to initiate. Only way to start an engagement is to have Ursa walk up to the guy and hope he's noob enough to just sit there and let the bear get near to use Earthshock. And only then you can Sprout. So it's not going to happen.

Any disabler is good in lane with Ursa but more a more standard support like Naga Siren with her 5 second net, or Lion, or Venomancer, is better in every way.

Besides you're laning two farm-dependent heroes in the same lane.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 4, 2015 11:25am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

What about...(don't laugh)

Bristleback + outworld devourer.

Infinite Quill Spray spam with only ~level 2 essence aura

Other possible OD spammy partners : Phantom Assassin, Skywrath Mage, Timbersaw...

well since they swapped it so that the amount of mana scales instead of the chance its better, but i would rather go with skywrath, zeus, or leshrac, for lightning and bolt spam, since they can atleast perform the support role. with lesh you can also use astral as setup for split earth.

edit: HAHAHA, YOU CANT REMOVE YOUR COMMENT AT SOON AS YOU REALISE ITS KIND OF A BAD IDEA!!! MUUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 4, 2015 11:39am | Report
You think you trolled me, didn't you? Well, think again xD

Nah actually I remembered that I posted that somewhere else. I still think it's a good idea but the lane partner has to be very specific because you need something that's low enough mana cost so that level 2 or 3 aura is enough to sustain spamming it.

Level 2 aura = 40% to restore 15% of mana pool = 6% of mana pool restored in average.

So you see, take a hero with 400 mana pool like you have in early game, casting a spell restores only 24 (!!) mana in average.

So you have to go only for <50 mana cost spammy spells. That's why Bristle Hack was what came to mind.

Sky is good because he has a huge mana pool. Shadow Demon poison spam sounds pretty good as well.

But heroes with huge mana costs like Lesh are just out of the picture. Zeus is also pretty meh because you want to spam bolt not arc, and bolt mana cost is very high.

Batrider infintite napalm spam sounds pretty fun too.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 4, 2015 11:47am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

You think you trolled me, didn't you? Well, think again xD

Nah actually I remembered that I posted that somewhere else. I still think it's a good idea but the lane partner has to be very specific because you need something that's low enough mana cost so that level 2 or 3 aura is enough to sustain spamming it.

Level 2 aura = 40% to restore 15% of mana pool = 6% of mana pool restored in average.

So you see, take a hero with 400 mana pool like you have in early game, casting a spell restores only 24 (!!) mana in average.

So you have to go only for <50 mana cost spammy spells. That's why Bristle Hack was what came to mind.

Sky is good because he has a huge mana pool. Shadow Demon poison spam sounds pretty good as well.

But heroes with huge mana costs like Lesh are just out of the picture. Zeus is also pretty meh because you want to spam bolt not arc, and bolt mana cost is very high.

still im more worried about having a support and a carry. :P bristle kinda starts to suck when he doesnt get farm.
still, could be a fun scrub pub tactic.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 4, 2015 11:49am | Report
Who cares about having a support and a carry when you have INFINITE QUILLS :)

I mean, you've seen the range on that thing? Infinite quills every 3 seconds, you pretty much zone out anybody, get kills, and get 2 free towers :)

You split the farm or something, as long as you win the lane who cares.

Both Bristle and OD are already considered to be stupidly good in lane, so together...you pretty much have enemy heroes with no mana who get chased by a mad pig with infinite goo and infinite quills. Volvo pls.

And then you rush a Mek on OD and go push T3...GG xD

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 4, 2015 11:52am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Who cares about having a support and a carry when you have INFINITE QUILLS :)

I mean, you've seen the range on that thing? Infinite quills every 3 seconds, you pretty much zone out anybody, get kills, and get 2 free towers :)

new meta, im sure navi is saving that strat for TI5. =D

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved