Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Evil Lane Combos

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Evil Lane Combos 157 posts - page 11 of 16
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » May 15, 2014 4:08am | Report
ok, I'm to lazy to read all of them so ill just comment them all

- Kunkka & Necrophos ~ insane harass
- Shadow Demon & centaur war runner ~ this should be self explantory
- Vengeful Spirit & Luna ~ just an idea, 2 damage auras and stuns, also with a drow on your team, well yes lots of damage
- Dragon Knight & Keeper of the Light ~ the sheer amount of kill potential of infinite mana dk and illuminate is insane
-Tri-Lane= Ancient Apparation, Naga Siren and Mirana ~ Net AA's abilities in general and Sacred Arrow

Might add some later, thats a few I thought up in 5 min
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » May 15, 2014 5:13am | Report
I'll just add to that by a stupid idea of 2 carries and one support;
Viper, Drow Ranger and Venomancer just for the ultimate slow :P
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » May 16, 2014 3:46pm | Report
Zerak Kyria wrote:

I'll just add to that by a stupid idea of 2 carries and one support;
Viper, Drow Ranger and Venomancer just for the ultimate slow :P

but...that is a stupid idea
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » May 16, 2014 3:49pm | Report
FleetAU wrote:

Roll drow support, win game

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » May 16, 2014 10:20pm | Report
FleetAU wrote:

that was the point. It's stupid.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SweatyToothMadman » May 20, 2014 10:48am | Report
These are all nice, but I believe the OP also asked how would you counter these combos.
I for one would be interested in hearing the proposed to counters.

SweatyToothMadman

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » May 20, 2014 11:15am | Report
Fair question - how do you stop some of these combos? Quite often the answers involve Centaur Warrunner or Omniknight, but there are some specific ones:

Leshrac/ Shadow Demon - tanky heroes, especially ones with magic resistance can generally survive this combo. Either that, or stun/silence Lesh before he unleashes Split Earth.

Juggernaut/ Crystal Maiden - you can still cast while under CM's "stun", Clockwerk can use Power Cogs if he's quick, or heroes with a good escape like Pounce, Leap or Timber Chain can avoid most of the damage.

Lina/ Bane - trickier once they're both 6, Slark can free himself with a well timed debuff for example, or heroes like Abaddon and Legion Commander can free their partner with a well timed buff.

Ursa/ Shadow Shaman - avoid getting Shackled by slow ole SS, purge/buffs as listed above, silence/stun the SS, or drop a Fissure between Ursa and the target.

Pudge/ Rubick - another tricky one, it's very hard to stop the Meat Hook without a stun/silence. Tanky heroes may well survive it, or you can block the hook with minions.

Vengeful Spirit/ Alchemist - you can dodge both of their projectiles with the right skills, e.g. Pounce, Astral Imprisonment or Phase Shift.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SweatyToothMadman » May 20, 2014 11:24am | Report
See now thats what I'm talkin bout. Thx Sando.
And if anyone else has some more specific lane combo counters, I'm all ears.

SweatyToothMadman

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » May 21, 2014 9:34pm | Report
Ok, I'm going to try to create a counter for the "popular" (more seen) Io & Tiny combo.

SO I'll start off with heroes that you could solo lane with but you will get 0 farm and basically loose the lane. However you may not die as easily;
Weaver; if you time Shukuchi right you can avoid Avalanche and Wisp's balls.
Morphling; I'd highly say don't do this as this is all theory, not proven. Waveform can get you out. However if you get caught with not enough mana, you're dead.
Sniper; probably the safest, get some levels, buy some wards and then use Take Aim to get last hits out of danger.
Dark Seer; just completely push the lane and hope that Ion Shell get's you gold and stay within range for exp.
Omniknight; you'll have to max Repel and keep active for last hits otherwise you're screwed.
Ember Spirit; you can get last hits with Sleight of Fist harass with it but you will have to stay back. If you max out Flame Guard first you might be in for a chance stopping the damage but you will still get stunned.

Dual lanes;
Dazzle + carry hero; you can save the carry with Shallow Grave and heal him as well.
Omniknight + carry hero; you can heal + Repel to keep them save from nukes.
Silencer + Death Prophet; basically you can keep both silenced and nuke them back. This can work for any dual lane where you can get silences that last for around 4 seconds.
Outworld Devourer + Shadow Demon; keep one hero or both at once locked away so that they can get 0 kills and suffer.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 22, 2014 12:39am | Report
Zerak Kyria wrote:

Ok, I'm going to try to create a counter for the "popular" (more seen) Io & Tiny combo.

SO I'll start off with heroes that you could solo lane with but you will get 0 farm and basically loose the lane. However you may not die as easily;
Weaver; if you time Shukuchi right you can avoid Avalanche and Wisp's balls.
Morphling; I'd highly say don't do this as this is all theory, not proven. Waveform can get you out. However if you get caught with not enough mana, you're dead.
Sniper; probably the safest, get some levels, buy some wards and then use Take Aim to get last hits out of danger.
Dark Seer; just completely push the lane and hope that Ion Shell get's you gold and stay within range for exp.
Omniknight; you'll have to max Repel and keep active for last hits otherwise you're screwed.
Ember Spirit; you can get last hits with Sleight of Fist harass with it but you will have to stay back. If you max out Flame Guard first you might be in for a chance stopping the damage but you will still get stunned.

Dual lanes;
Dazzle + carry hero; you can save the carry with Shallow Grave and heal him as well.
Omniknight + carry hero; you can heal + Repel to keep them save from nukes.
Silencer + Death Prophet; basically you can keep both silenced and nuke them back. This can work for any dual lane where you can get silences that last for around 4 seconds.
Outworld Devourer + Shadow Demon; keep one hero or both at once locked away so that they can get 0 kills and suffer.

The power of tiny wisp isnt in the laning stage.
It is the increased farming rate, the ganking, ability to splitpush, and overload.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved