Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Doom, counter to every "OP" hero?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Doom, counter to every "OP" hero? 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BossOfGuns » May 27, 2013 10:41am | Report
Doom's ult can pratically disable every so called "OP" hero, and heroes in general, so is he the best general counter?

BossOfGuns

Steam: BossOfGuns
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » May 27, 2013 10:54am | Report
Doom does not stop right clickers from attacking. You can also only doom one opponent so if they have three supports that are winning the other team the game you can only stop one. The mana cost is also huge.

He is also out classed as a Cary. Sure you can stop am blink and Faceless back track but that is for early game. personally find the 16 second mute is better on paper than practice.

Lastly you can deny Doomed heros. This stop the gold or exp going to the opponent so more often then not when fighting a good team you will lose out o. Some much needed gold.
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BossOfGuns » May 27, 2013 11:33am | Report
Mirror wrote:

Doom does not stop right clickers from attacking. You can also only doom one opponent so if they have three supports that are winning the other team the game you can only stop one. The mana cost is also huge.

He is also out classed as a Cary. Sure you can stop am blink and Faceless back track but that is for early game. personally find the 16 second mute is better on paper than practice.

Lastly you can deny Doomed heros. This stop the gold or exp going to the opponent so more often then not when fighting a good team you will lose out o. Some much needed gold.

But for countering drow ranger, viper, ursa, riki, etc. Doom is amazing.

BossOfGuns

Steam: BossOfGuns
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » May 27, 2013 11:58am | Report
Those heros are not over powered, just pub stompers. Sentry wards, map awareness and team work will stop all of those heros dead in there tracks. For the level were those heros rule the game I guess doom would work. One problem I see is they are all right clickers and doom has almost no armor so he would melt fast.
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » May 27, 2013 4:05pm | Report
Doom Bringer and his skillset is strong, it's been that way for a long time. He is however very squishy since he has no armor and when focused down he's useless. He drops off late game and he's not very strong early game so the only time he's good in is during the mid game.

Basically, he needs to be tanky, also deal a good amount of damage and have enough mana to cast his spells in quick succession. Since he has a lot of requirements during the early - earlymid game, he's only useful for his Doom. If you catch him out with silence/disable before he's able to cast anything, he's useless. He also has a pretty long attack and cast animation so that's another problem Doom Bringer faces.

He's strong at shutting down ONE hero from casting anything so unless he's really farmed, he's only good for that.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » May 27, 2013 11:55pm | Report
VP ran a carry doom today against dignitas and were doing very well until goblack dced. Hes really useful for shutting down an important hero like dignitas' mag or ds. He used to be picked as a carry by EHOME back in the TI days.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sansheva » May 29, 2013 1:18am | Report
Devour makes you farm quicker and gain lvl vs enemies in the early mid game, this is the right time to massive gank and get towers, as soon as you can build up Radiance that deal a good combo damage with Scorched Earth and fastly try to finish, anyway it depends on the mates and enemies, certainly you are not the only carry in the team, after radiance a Assault Cuirass is a good way to gain armor that lucifer doesn't have. The key is the mid game, if you continuosly win ganking enemies dont do items and get closer to doom with radiance and scorched earth on is not so easy. I have recently played with him vs lycan and troll and worked quite well

sansheva

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » May 29, 2013 1:26am | Report
Not really Assault Cuirass.You can also go for Shiva's Guard if you want to have more utility in the team,and if the team needs it.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » May 29, 2013 11:34am | Report
You can't Doom an enemy hero if you are sileenced for if that enemy hero has BKB/ some type of magic immunity.

SO "OP" heroes are still GG NO RE

I only use DOOM when the enemy PUDGE uses rot. It's Uber GG!

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by frogger_29 » May 29, 2013 8:19pm | Report
Doom Bringer has been picked a lot nowadays, specifically by Rattlesnakes Gaming. So far, Doom Bringer is quite effective in the current meta, and he's slowly coming back to life, just like in TI1.

frogger_29

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved