Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Crafting needed - How to Enchantress Hard Carry

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Crafting needed - How to Enchantress Hard Carry 37 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » October 27, 2015 7:12pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

sando i really have to mention this, your game knowledge regarding changes in the last 3! patches or so seems abysmal.....
you really need to read some patch notes if you want to continue to be taken seriously.... you cant keep relying on a green name for people to read your stuff.

Waaaooowww you can calm it down at anytime m8! no need for direct attacks. "HEY HEY you didnt read patch notes for the latest patch so anything you say i cant take seriously" ... doesnt really work does it.

i could just as easily say

"hey tim your not even 4k MMR m8 so anything you say i cant take seriously"

^ that just makes me sound like a douche. same as what you said.

what would have been a better way to word it would be

" hey sando in the latest patch impetus goes through BKB! fyi :D " seeeeee isnt that nicer :) without the douchyness attached?

anyway moving on.

i prefer to go roaming enchantress, get a good creep and look for kills. ez game. nothing like a minute one hell bear clap to hurt some mids feelings!

offlane bambi is pretty decent but she is still really squishy before those big items. so her early game is slightly reduced as a hard carry BUT she has increibly storng early game as a roamer where your not wanting to BE ganked but DO the ganks.

ive played offlane bambi once and it KINDA worked maxed spirits and passive. but i was against an ogre PA lane so i was enjoying life immensely. relying upon her spirits and her passive to deal with any lane pressure as a hard carry isnt going to work.

pos 1: maybe could be situational but lacks farming speed
pos 3: maybe but could work especially against a melee line up.
pos 4: perfect.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » October 27, 2015 7:43pm | Report
i thought tim was just joking around, as usual, nothing serious going on.

Enchantress is pretty good as a midgame snowballer right now, with 1 or 2 stat items. before that, she is extremely weak to nukes, which is the main reason why i don't like her chances now. in lower ranked games, people still choose 5 carry teams, so it will be quite effective if played well, but once you get to around 3k mmr, and people start drafting proper teams, you will run into 1-2 nukers every game.

No doubt, the last patch gave her quite the power boost, she is considerably more powerful in the lategame with items, but her early game weakness remains unchanged.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » October 27, 2015 11:31pm | Report
If you're poking people for a joke and not actually being a ****, use Kappa. Sarcasm doesn't go across on the Internet, that's why we have smileys and GreyFace.

And I've seen some *actual* **** comments on dotafire in the last months, so the mistake (if there is one) is completely understandable.

Now back on topic plebs :)

I don't think Enchantress is best against melee line-ups, she's actually one of the best heroes for trading hits in lane with ranged supports because of her passive, and avoid getting zoned out this way. She can lane against ranged heroes without problem, and obviously gank them as a jungler as well. And she can pretty easily manfight any ranged carry that isn't Clinkz or Windranger.
She's just good against right-clickers and bad against nukers (and attack speed steroids).
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » October 28, 2015 12:30am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

She's just good against right-clickers and bad against nukers (and attack speed steroids).

I agree. Basically you're not even supposed to pick her if you see that they have a lineup with too much nuker/jumping in power. But even so, I already did some games against Lina for instance and she was the one having a hard time, not me. I don't agree that Enchantress is that squishy on the early game, solely because between the right items, her natural move speed and the spirits and passive you're not that easy to kill - and that surprised me as well, but I've managed to die very little with her almost insta-picking sometimes. One of these days I actually dived under a tower to kill a Chaos Knight with only level 6, I ate his stun in the face and a lot of tower hits, and I still survived.

What's so good about her for me is the element of surprise, because people don't expect it, and they think she's the squishy main target - but she can actually handle a bit of extra damage with good results for the team, because while they're busy killing her your real hard carry is cleaning up.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » October 28, 2015 12:54am | Report
BTW can't you just go for Cloak/ Power Treads/ Point Booster dota against nukers these days? Bambi is squishy but she can build 100% tank items, unlike traditional supports who don't have the farm to do that. She doesn't need to build damage items and can go full tank so I don't think even nukers are better against her than against anyone else. I don't think Zeus and friends can be that much of a threat in the end if you itemize correctly. Tiny, same, if you build cloak and stuff to survive his combo he can't attack you after xD

You still get rekt by guys with attack speed buffs tho. Probably the biggest counter, Windranger being the scariest these days, because max attack speed + evasion completely destroys Bambi, and she's picked in almost every game.

Avoid WR, avoid Clinkz, avoid PA, probably avoid Slark as well because Silver Edge...maybe Troll but you can still kite him and nobody picks Troll these days...Drow maybe, beause of the silence? Still kind of an easy gank and who picks Drow anyways. Ursa maybe? But you can just buy a forcestaff. Honestly besides those guys I think you can pick her in every game. Don't think I missed anyone.
And even then you could probably manage with a Ghost Scepter. Honestly I think WR is the worst, if you get shackled to your creeps, GG :')
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » October 28, 2015 1:51am | Report
The idea of Bambi being essentially a semi-carry isn't new. It's been the case since well... whenever her ultimate implied as much, and since Chen got buffed to have as strong early game.

No matter which role you run her, she's pretty much the same; Really strong early game, an underwhelming mid game, and a solid late game. Because she deals a lot of damage with very little farm, she just needs to build into sustain in essence (Both HP and mana) to let her continually throw shots out in a fight without a care.

Especially since it pierces BKB now, which is flat out disgusting.

Her seeming weakness early game doesn't matter that much, because in the early game your strength isn't damage, it's in ganking lanes and crushing them, and turning said ganks into early towers. Like Chen. She doesn't fear nukes that much because she doesn't have to come close in that situation, and nukes probably aren't strong enough to kill her then. Even in the 4 role, she can get a lot of farm as a result of that, or even just by jungling in the downtime.

But like all junglers, she's very greedy, so it's situational. And whilst 1 position Bambi sounds hilarious, I doubt it's that fantastic yet. Give it a patch or two however and it's probably great.

Oh it also means you can't have an initiating 3 position if you run her offlane, which is painful.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » October 28, 2015 2:21am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

You still get rekt by guys with attack speed buffs tho. Probably the biggest counter, Windranger being the scariest these days, because max attack speed + evasion completely destroys Bambi, and she's picked in almost every game.

Yup, Windranger simply destroys her, countering her so big that I think better to avoid pick her altogether when she's present. Other than that yea, you can just itemize around the enemy team.

I think Sanvitch is right about the lack of initiation though. If you run her as the offlaner you better have the rest of the draft prepared for initiating and able to teamfight with proper AoE, because you're the one person target type of hero. I've noticed that besides Wind, heroes like Phantom Lancer and Chaos Knight also simply destroy her comes mid game, because she can't deal with illusions at all. That's where the real carrys are supposed to come in, and why she's indeed a terrible hard carry.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 28, 2015 6:36am | Report
You can enchant illusions. So she's good in that regard. (stealing a self replicating PL or a Phantasm illusion sounds super good.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » October 29, 2015 4:03am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

You can enchant illusions. So she's good in that regard. (stealing a self replicating PL or a Phantasm illusion sounds super good.

I don't agree Wulfy, because what if you do have a PL or a CK copy? You're still dead to the other hundreds of them :)

But let's finish this thread in beauty, to all those who dare contest the mighty venison:

PS: Hamstertamer, I'm back to 50% winrate! Whohoo! Praise this ******ed game: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1898507638 xD

Credits to Janitsu!

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 29, 2015 4:13am | Report
But Untouchable reks illusions. That's the point, by the time any illusion gets to hit you, you're prancing out of the 300 range they can extend. You steal a PL illusion, you have your personal armada. (that if Juxtapose procs - but it should with all the stats contributing to agility PL usually builds)

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved