Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Crafting needed - How to Enchantress Hard Carry

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Crafting needed - How to Enchantress Hard Carry 37 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RmM_oo » October 27, 2015 7:16am | Report
Hi folks!

I wanted to discuss this for some time, but now in patch .85 became even better. As we know, enchantress now don't have an orb (Unique attack modifier), so I guess that she have potential to be a Hard Carry.

Is she viable as a hard carry in this patch (consider meta if you want)?

Thanks!

RmM_oo

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » October 27, 2015 9:18am | Report
probably not as a carry because of mediocre farming speed and squishyness against nukes, but she makes for a mean offlaner that can pressure the enemy carry pretty hard.

chichi plays her a lot this way, and i also saw it a few times in professional games, she can be especially strong paired with an aggressive support offlane.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » October 27, 2015 10:19am | Report
The biggest problem with Carry Enchantress is simple - Black King Bar blocks pure damage, so no Impetus for you, and therefore, very little damage. Also has some fairly poor agility gain. Semi-carry at most, support probably still best.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » October 27, 2015 10:21am | Report
Sando wrote:

The biggest problem with Carry Enchantress is simple - Black King Bar blocks pure damage, so no Impetus for you, and therefore, very little damage. Also has some fairly poor agility gain. Semi-carry at most, support probably still best.

I think you might want to read the patchnotes again Sando. Doesn't cancel the fact she is screwed up by BKB though.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » October 27, 2015 10:42am | Report
Tststs... Impetus goes through BKB.

So does Eye of Skadi, which now stacks with Impetus because it's no longer an orb, so a carry Ench can slow through BKB as well. This means, the only thing about a carry Enchantress that gets blocked by BKB is Untouchable.

So carry builds on Ench are now 100% legit, it's actually the way for the hero to have some good late game scaling, in opposition to Chen typically. This hero with Moon Shards, Aghs, forcestaff and skadi/sheep is pretty sick.

The one limitation to this though, is the fact that Enchantress can't farm. She's one of the slowest farmers in the game, since she has no waveclear, and her only way to even get gold is to stack camps and clear them with tornado...if she gets the right creep, which is completely random.

So IMO this doesn't change Enchantress's playstyle : ganking jungler. Or offlaner, kind of.

She's still about early game pressure, not early game farming. I think it's best to see carry builds as a way for an early game ganker and/or strong laner to scale into late game, it still doesn't make her a farming carry.

Since the hero still can't farm, I think those changes are there to reward Enchantresses that successfully snowballed the early game thanks to their ganks, by making them scale well into late game. Since Ench is a horribly weak pusher compared to Chen, making her a good scaling hero is the best way to go.

EDIT : Shots=fired. Sando better activate your Flame Guard xD
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » October 27, 2015 11:00am | Report
Sando wrote:

sando i really have to mention this, your game knowledge regarding changes in the last 3! patches or so seems abysmal.....
you really need to read some patch notes if you want to continue to be taken seriously.... you cant keep relying on a green name for people to read your stuff.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » October 27, 2015 11:21am | Report
Hamster's got it down. This annoying thing farms really slow, she's also really powerful in the early levels (335 ms, jesus), so you're still running as a snowballing semi-carry. Due to said impressive early game, it's probably not worth it to commit many supports to her laning. It's just not worth the risk.

Her most impressive aspect is her ability to kite, so against easily kited melee carries, she is quite powerful. Sven, Wraith King, and Tiny later in the game. You definitely need some frontline core hero to take the hits for you though. Bristleback, Tidehunter, Medusa, Spectre, and Dragon Knight are all decent choices.

Chantie has decently flexible item choices, she can be built in many ways, if your team lacks damage she is a viable semi-carry.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » October 27, 2015 12:06pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

sando i really have to mention this, your game knowledge regarding changes in the last 3! patches or so seems abysmal.....
you really need to read some patch notes if you want to continue to be taken seriously.... you cant keep relying on a green name for people to read your stuff.

Tim, you have about the worst bedside manner possible. People can choose for themselves whether to "take me seriously" or not, if you choose not to, that's your decision.

I may miss things occasionally, I'm not perfect, I'm not going to sit on the wiki every time I make a post. No doubt someone (or many) will be along shortly afterwards to correct me.

Unfortunately I have a very demanding job and my mental energies for memorising every set of patch notes is not always what it could be. One day maybe you'll find the same thing happens to you. At that point, you hope people will take the chance to help you out rather than take a cheap shot.

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 27, 2015 12:15pm | Report
Stand down lads. You don't have to argue.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » October 27, 2015 12:25pm | Report
Thanks for the intervention Wulfy, but it's unnecessary - I don't see any reason to reply any further to this, quite content to let those comments stand as they are. Think I'm being more than reasonable in my response, and leave Tim to consider his reasons for making them in the first place.

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved