Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

counterpick for abbadon?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » counterpick for abbadon? 28 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » July 16, 2013 10:30am | Report
Imo, the greatest counter to Abaddon would be Naga Siren

Wait till Abaddon uses Borrowed Time, then immediately pop Song of the Siren, since it's duration will last until Borrowed Time wears off (even with Agahnim's Scepter. Then Mirror Image, Ensnare, Rip Tide.

With Naga Siren around, Abaddon's time is up! 8D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » July 16, 2013 10:47am | Report
Didn't think of Siren, that seems really good...

I'd think Bane's Nightmare would also be a good counter (though there would be a minor heal from the sleep damage). Basically anything that removes him from the field (Cyclone (Euls, Brew ult), SD's Disruption, OD's Astral Imprisonment is useful. Song of the Siren and Nightmare are the only ones that can burn the full (up to 7sec) duration, though.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » July 16, 2013 11:03am | Report
If you're using Song of Siren to counter a hero that is a semi-carry right clicker at most, then you're using Naga Siren incorrectly. Jawbreaker was correct when he mentioned things like Nightmare and Astral Imprisonment.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Vash » July 16, 2013 12:39pm | Report
I echo xCO2 on the Naga bit.

Has Necrolyte's ult been mentioned? I know he's pretty much the go to guy for people who just won't die (i.e. Lifestealer, Huskar, etc.), and my first thought is that it would work the same way here. That is unless is Abaddon able to activate his ult while constrained by Necro's ult...
"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that." - Vash the Stampede

Lest we forget...

Vash

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 16, 2013 12:55pm | Report
Vash wrote:

I echo xCO2 on the Naga bit.

Has Necrolyte's ult been mentioned? I know he's pretty much the go to guy for people who just won't die (i.e. Lifestealer, Huskar, etc.), and my first thought is that it would work the same way here. That is unless is Abaddon able to activate his ult while constrained by Necro's ult...

I played a game where I got fully healed by Reaper's Scythe.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Vash » July 16, 2013 4:35pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

I played a game where I got fully healed by Reaper's Scythe.

Had you popped your ult before Necro's, or were you able to activate it after he initiated. That's the difference between a Necro being a bad choice and just a common ID10T error.
"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that." - Vash the Stampede

Lest we forget...

Vash

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp12 » July 16, 2013 6:56pm | Report
OD SD Bane Euls were the D1 standby counterpicks.

Though frankly this hero is pretty trash as a carry and you shouldn't worry about killing him as a support.
Feel free to check out my guides for Spectre, Dragon Knight, Siren, Medusa, Sniper, Disruptor, or Void. They're pretty cool.

Sp12

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » July 16, 2013 10:02pm | Report
Vash wrote:

Had you popped your ult before Necro's, or were you able to activate it after he initiated. That's the difference between a Necro being a bad choice and just a common ID10T error.

It will heal you as long as it is active at the end of the stun (when damage is applied). Don't think you can manually activate it (since you're stunned) but it can autoactivate (if you're attacked/nuked to <400HP).

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » July 17, 2013 12:21am | Report
xCO2 wrote:

If you're using Song of the Siren to counter a hero that is a semi-carry right clicker at most, then you're using Naga Siren incorrectly. Jawbreaker was correct when he mentioned things like Nightmare and Astral Imprisonment.

True, can't believe I forgot about Bane...

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » July 19, 2013 1:06am | Report
I usually approach Abbaddon the same way I approach other heroes with 'saving' skills (like Weaver). Careful disabling. Abbaddon is strong if built like a carry, but unlike Weaver he is usually run as a support, which means you simply leave him to last. He doesn't have a proper disable, so simply killing the rest of the team and leaving him for last usually helps. Then you just burst him to force an ulti, then kite him (if possible) until it wears off (its not that long if he's the only one left. ;P Or you burst him until his ulti activates, then focus on the other team members till it wears off.

But of course, all the disable for a while skills are useful as well. I've seen someone use Elder titan's sleep skill to disable the Abbaddon when Borrowed Time activates. This also disabled some of the other team, so it helped the teamfight as a whole.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved