Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Seline Jaeger the Aeromancer (Position Manipulation!)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Seline Jaeger the Aeromancer (Position Manipulation!) 11 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

How does this hero concept fit into Dota 2?
Too similar to existing heroes
One or 2 abilities need to be changed
Fits in just fine
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » August 14, 2014 10:36am | Report
I designed this hero because I wanted a caster hero that could mess with the positioning of an entire team if she wanted to, and also be fun and full of utility, so I made Seline the Aeromancer. Also, the backstory might seem just a tad.... familiar. The Warcraft III icons and models are placeholders.

Dota 2 Model: Perpetually stone-faced and angry looking short statured ponytail wearing blonde girl with grey eyes and only faint beauty former hidden underneath her noticeable eye bags. Wears a light robe that obstructs most of her body and holds a long wand. Her dress style is decidingly masculine. Design is meant to be a departure from the mostly pretty girls in the game.
15+ 1.418 + 1.9*26 + 2.7

Armor: 1.6
Affiliation: Radiant
Damage: 41-46
Attack Animation (frontswing/backswing): 0.4 / 0.77
Cast Animation (frontswing/backswing): 0.3 / 1.17
Base Health Regen: 0.25
BAT: 1.7
Range: 600
Missile Speed: 1100 (about Storm Spirit Speed)
Missile:

Movespeed: 300
Sight Range: 1800/800
Voice Actress: Grey Delisle

Lore:
Seline was always a fragile girl. Her body was not fit to fight the diseases that swept the land. Even the strong currents that grazed her town would knock her off her feet. Still, she demonstrated proficiency for aeromancy, eventually powering her hometown's new windmill innovation. She went on to become a master Aeromancer, overcoming her physical weakness to control nature for the people in her life. Everything changed as the Dire marched into her down, and creatures of the abyss devoured everyone she loved. Seline called upon the winds of wrath to annihilate the army, but she was not the same girl anymore. The old Seline had died with her family; the girl's hope was replaced by cynicism. Monsters had destroyed everything she ever loved, and Jaeger swore that every monster serving the Dire would be blown to bits in a cyclone of calamity.

Abilities:

Wind Saber
Deals damage and pushes back opponents, allied units in a 500 AOE gain increased movespeed for 6 seconds. Any trees the opponent gets pushed into are destroyed. Width 200, range 700. Damage type: Magical. 1500 missile speed. Pushes units in Cyclone but does not damage them.
Level 1 - Pushes 300 units. Stuns for .3 seconds. 80 damage. 10% MS bonus.
Level 2 - Pushes 350 units. Stuns for .6 seconds. 140 damage. 12% MS bonus.
Level 3 - Pushes 400 units. Stuns for .9 seconds. 200 damage. 14% MS bonus.
Level 4 - Pushes 450 units. Stuns for 1.2 seconds. 260 damage. 16% MS bonus.
Mana Cost: 90/105/120/135
CD: 13
Flavor Text: Few understand how sharp the wind can be, which is what Seline wants.

Notes: This is an ability that takes some skill to use, but has a ton of utility, and is also just a powerful nuke.

Cyclone Call
Summons a tornado, which tosses opponents in a 150 aoe into a cyclone, removing them from combat for a duration, completely invulnerable. After falling down, they are slowed for 3 seconds and damaged. Any units that walk into the tornado will also be tossed up, but will be dropped when the cyclone ends. The cyclone itself can be moved by Wind Sabre and Whirlwind, and it will prematurely drop targets if it leaves their area, but can find new ones. 700 cast range. Magic Damage.
Level 1 - Lasts 1.75 seconds. Deals 50 damage. Slows by 20%.
Level 2 - Lasts 2.5 seconds. Deals 100 damage. Slows by 24%.
Level 3 - Lasts 3.25 seconds. Deals 150 damage. Slows by 28%.
Level 4 - Lasts 4 seconds. Deals 200 damage. Slows by 32%.
Mana Cost: 70/80/90/100
CD: 23/21/19/17
Flavor Text: Eul's technique was popular, and all master Aeromancers knew how to use it, but Seline had perfected it to a new level.
Notes: I like the idea of a hero having the Eul's active, but I wanted to do it in a creative way that was synergistic with her skills. Combo with Wind Saber and your have Invoker's Tornado.

Air Pressure Bomb
Throws a wind orb into an area that disorients the targets, causing them damage and mana loss if they cast spells (duration does not end if spell is cast). 500 cast range. Damage type: Pure. 1000 travel speed.
Level 1 - If a spell is cast, target loses 50% of their current mana and 100 health. 225 AOE. Lasts 4 seconds.
Level 2 - If a spell is cast, target loses 55% of their current mana and 135 health. 240 AOE. Lasts 5 seconds.
Level 3 - If a spell is cast, target loses 60% of their current mana and 170 health. 265 AOE. Lasts 5 seconds.
Level 4 - If a spell is cast, target loses 65% of their current mana and 205 health. 280 AOE. Lasts 6 seconds.
Mana Cost: 110/130/150/170
CD: 19/18/17/16
Flavor Text: What wizards often forget is that atmosphere is important, and with a slight alteration of it, there can be a disastrous spell.
Note: This is a skill used to be a bit of a "silence substitute" on that can punish those who are not careful, or just spell spammers.

Whirlwind (Ultimate)
In an AOE, opponents are damaged. Units positioned to one side of the area are rotated to the opposite side. Heroes standing in the center do not move. It takes up to 0.5 seconds to rotate, during which, opponents are stunned. Destroys trees. Whirlwind works on Cycloned units and will damage them when the Cyclone ends. Slows by 30% for 3 seconds. Whirlwind units always rotate clockwise.
Level 1 - 280 damage. 450 AOE.
Level 2 - 420 damage. 525 AOE
Level 3 - 560 damage. 650 AOE
Mana Cost: 200/320/440
CD: 120/105/90
Flavor Text: Seline pays her vengeance upon even the most organized of armies.
Agh Scepter Upgrade: Increases AOE to 650/725/850 and reduces cooldown to 25.
Note: This ability was designed because I wanted a hero that could completely reverse the front and back lines of a team, and would just disrupt them, but also has synergy with her other skills.

Talents:
Level 10: A- +40 Damage, B- +25% XP Gain
Level 15: A- +150 Cast Range, B- +250 HP
Level 20: A- +150 GPM, B- +9 Armor
Level 25: A- +600 Mana, B – Doubles AOE and Travel Speed of Air Pressure Bomb

Pros and Cons:
+Excellent Nuking Power
+Disables and Debuffs counter both casters and physical damagers.
+Throws off opponent's positioning
+Item Independent
+Good Starting Intelligence and Gain

-Fragile
-Lacks proper escape mechanism
-Aside from disables and positioning, scales very poorly into late game
-Low Autoattack Damage for Last Hitting and Denying

Role:
Spoiler: Click to view

Story Stuff:
Personality:

Interaction with Other Heroes:

Voice Sample:

Relative Power Level: Specialized Caster = Crystal Maiden, Lina, Queen of Pain, Necrophos

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by neurotoxin » October 13, 2014 10:46pm | Report
it seem you put some hard work here but its too complex so no1 is ****ing care :/

neurotoxin

Steam: (_ИєυяσтσχiИ¯)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » October 13, 2014 11:00pm | Report
OHHH this is awesome well thought out dude.

heaps of great synergy with her skills.
could be a tad broken with the damage of wind saber in air bomb. id nerf that by say 60 at level 4 scaling down to level 1 420 damage is huge not counting the 205 hp reduction, maybe scale the damage back a bit.

over all man looks amazing and well thought out i would love saber wind to be a bit longer maybe scaling 500/600/700/800 .

the icons are nice +rep well done.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElDiablo » October 13, 2014 11:14pm | Report
Wow this hero seems amazing. I like that you can mess with the enemys positio and the spell icons are nice.
Also the name Jaeger got me thinking that this hero was somehow related to Eren Yeager from the Shingeki no Kyojin universe XD
Master of the hidden art of typoing and the greatest enemy of RNGesus

Check out my second hero idea Izinaga the Guardian

ElDiablo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: ElDiablo
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » October 13, 2014 11:22pm | Report
also dont listen to Neurotoxin hes a troll.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » October 13, 2014 11:37pm | Report
Hey Smuggels and ElDiablo. I appropriate your feedback. I'll consider it next time I update the hero on the forum.

I may need to rebalance the numbers, but I'm glad you like the concept, I wanted to create a fun decently high skilled utility support that could mess with positions, and I am satisfied with the results.

Also, since I've only designed 4 heroes and don't have a Hero thread like Yzreel, I would really love it if you gave the rest of them a look too. They can be accessed by my sig.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » October 13, 2014 11:40pm | Report
Also, yes, the hero's name and lore is an Homage to Attack on Titan / Shingeki No Kyojin.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » October 14, 2014 12:15am | Report
uuuh i think that the third skill is very very over powered.

pugna does something like that but but can remove only 180 mana :/

od removes 75% on a very very long cooldown (ultimate)

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » October 14, 2014 12:50pm | Report
Well KoDyAbAbA, let's examine Air Pressure Bomb, and let me make my case to defend it.

I'm going to compare it to Rupture. Basically, both of them function as a substitute for another skill by deterring. Air Pressure Bomb is a small AOE debuff that is extremely powerful if the opponents cast spells, but otherwise does nothing except increase vulnerability to Wind Saber, thus it is a functional silence that punishes instead of preventing. A Earthshaker can still cast a teamfight winning ultimate with this on him, then be out of mana to cast anything else.

Rupture is a substitute for a slow or Ensnare because it damages you if you move. Air Pressure Bomb, if you cast it on a Zeus, and he uses his three spells, he'll be out of mana and he'll have eaten over 600 damage, just like if you run at 400 ms for the full 12 seconds of Rupture, you can take up to 400x12x0.6=2880 damage.

With both these skills, you still have the option to run or cast spells, but it will just hurt if you do.

Yes, Air Pressure Bomb will destroy newbie players, however, if you don't cast anything, it doesn't do too much compared to Crippling Fear or Ancient Seal.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » October 14, 2014 5:23pm | Report
Great idea, Cuttleboss, but and AOE Eul scepeter of divinity that lasts 1.5 more seconds seems a bit... OP.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved