Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[HCC] Agatho Kako the Crone

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » [HCC] Agatho Kako the Crone 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by lonelyfreak » December 20, 2017 4:47pm | Report
Author's Notes

Change Log

Agatho Kako the Crone

LORE

A mythical and immortal woman. Her name forgotten by many but her likeness imprinted in the minds of all. There are no stories told, no legends writ, that tell of her heroic deeds or great evils wrought. However, just below the surface, you will find her in the epic tales of heroes. A witch that guards the underworld, a kind old woman that gives the bold adventurer aid in his quest, or a mysterious hag that plunges the hero into the abyss.

Ever walking the line between good and evil. In these stories she is rarely named, at least correctly. However, those whose memories are quite old will recall her as Agatho Kako, the Crone.

STATISTICS

Faction: The Radiant
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Attack Type: Range
Roles: Support, Disabler, Pusher, Initiator, Nuker

Str: 17 + 2.3 (72 at 25)
Agi: 15 + 1.5 (51 at 25)
Int: 23 + 2.4 (81 at 25)

Level Base 1 15 25
Health 200 540 1180 1640
H. Regen Amp 0 12.14% 35.14% 51.57%
Mana 75 351 747 1035
M. Regen Amp 0.01 46% 113.2% 161.2%
Damage 21-27 46-52 80 - 86 104-110
Armor -1 1.5 5 7.5
Spell Dmg 0% 1.65% 4.04% 5.76%
Att/Sec 0.59 0.68 0.8 0.89
Magic Res. 25% 27.59% 31.37% 34.07%

Base H. Regen Base M. Regen Movement Speed Turn Rate Vision Range Attack Range Projectile Speed Attack Animation Base Attack Time Collision Size Legs
1.5 0.9 295 0.5 1800/800 400 1200 0.3+0.4 1.7 24 2

SKILLS

[Q] CELESTIAL TRUMPET

Vector targeted. Crone beseeches the heavens to summon a wave of divine force along the target line. The spell silences and knocks back enemy heroes in its path.

Ability: Target Point / Vector
Affect: Enemy Heroes / Self
Damage: Magical
Pierces Spell Immunity: Knockback pierces. Silence and Damage do not.

Cast Animation: 0.2 + 0.5
Cast Range: 400/500/600/700
Damage: 50
Effect Width: 250
Travel Distance: 900
Maximum Knockback Distance: 400/475/550/625
Knockback Duration: 0.8/1.0/1.2/1.4
Silence Duration: 2/2.5/3.0/3.5
Cooldown: 18/17/16/15
Mana Cost: 130/140/150/160

notes

[W] ABYSSAL FLAME

The fires of hell burn within Crone's frail body. With great malice she spews that very flame forth onto a targeted area, hoping to make others suffer as she has. Enemies struck by the flame are slowed and take damage over time; at the end of which they are burned for their transgressions.

Ability: Target Area
Affect: Enemies
Pierces Spell Immunity: No

Cast Animation: 0.2 + 0.3
Cast Range: 1350
Effect Radius: 300
Damage per Second: 26/30/34/38
Damage Duration: 5
Max Health Burned: 2%/3%/4%/5%
Initial Move Speed Slow: 40%/45%/50%/55%
Slow Duration: 3
Cooldown: 12
Mana Cost: 115/120/125/130

notes

[E] CONSECRATED GROUND

Agatho has the power to declare the very ground she treads upon to be sacred. But sacred to which deity is unknown. Enemies in an area around her are damaged and briefly stunned. While allies are given increased status resistance for a duration.

Ability: No Target
Affect: Enemies/Allies/Self
Pierces Spell Immunity: No

Cast Animation: 0.3+0.4
Effect Radius: 350
Mini Stun: 0.2
Damage: 60/80/100/120
Status Resistance: 20%
Status Resist Duration: 2/3/3/4
Cooldown: 8/7/6/5
Mana Cost: 55

notes

[R] DIVINE JUDGEMENT

The gods, both good and evil, bring judgement to Crone’s friends and foes. In an area around Crone units are judged based on the number of similarly aligned units. Allies are given strength in the form of health regen and attack speed, while enemies are drained of their health and lose attack speed.

Ability: No Target / Channeling
Affect: Enemies / Allies
Damage: Pure (HP Removal)
Pierces Spell Immunity: Damage - Yes / Effect - No

Cast Animation: 0.4+0.4
Radius: 450
Channel Time: 1.5
Base Max Health as Damage: 2%/2.5%/3%
Current Health as Damage per Creep: 0.5/0.75%/1%
Max Number of Creeps: 10
Current Health as Damage per Hero: 1.2%/1.4%/1.6%
Damage to Illusions: 40
Base Max Health as Healing: 2%/2.5%/3%
Health per Creep: 1/1.5/2
Max Number of Creeps: 10
Health per Hero: 15/25/35
Attack Speed Increase/Decrease: 30/40/50
Buff/Debuff Duration: 5
Cooldown: 75/60/45
Mana Cost: 155/180/205

notes

TALENTS

Level 10: 60 GPM // +25% XP Gain
Level 15: +7 Armor // +25 Movement Speed
Level 20: 15% Cooldown Reduction // +20 Strength
Level 25: 20% Spell Lifesteal // Divine Judgement -1.5 sec Channeling Time

notes

AGHANIM'S SCEPTER

[R] DIVINE JUDGMENT

When having Aghanim's Scepter, Divine Judgement now spawns crows that follow enemy heroes granting vision of them and the surrounding area as well as True Sight.

Ability: No Target
Affect: Enemies
Pierces Spell Immunity: Yes

Duration: 12
Vision Radius: 250

notes

GAME PLAY

When patches come out it can be difficult to find which heroes benefit from new items and to understand how new mechanics can affect gameplay. This patch continues to see the popularity of roaming supports as well as an emphasis on winning lanes to ensure victory. With all of this in mind the hero Agatho Kako, the Crone, was created and intended as either a Position 4 or 5.

As safelane or midlane support, she can put constant pressure on the enemy with her [Q] as well as her [W]. The Crone’s [Q] can push enemies out of experience range or into her own tower range for easy kills. While her [W] is excellent for constant harass as well as slowing their retreat. She definitely benefits from having items but she can function fairly well without them, using her [Q] and [W] from the back line when in a team fight and saving her [E] and [R] to use defensively or for counter initiation.

Her skills also align with the needs of a roaming support. Any lane she goes to Crone provides excellent ganking opportunities. Her [Q] is quite versatile, the obvious uses are putting victims into bad positions or stopping them from escaping but she can also use it on herself to rotate more quickly or to get in range for her [E]. The roaming support tends to be more greedy, grabbing runes and netting kill and assist gold. The Crone does quite well with items that give her more disable, damage, and sustain in a fight. Agatho Kako really only needs a few levels to give her kill potential with her teammates giving credence to either of the aforementioned roles.

Moving into the middle of the game Crone looks to group up with her team for objectives and catching out of position enemy players. As previously stated she wants more ways to disable, output damage, and sustain continuous fighting. With this is mind it’s obvious that Tranquil Boots and Urn of Shadows (eventually making this into a Spirit Vessel) are good items to start with. She really benefits greatly from having a Force Staff ( Blink Dagger is good but not necessary). And lastly, her skill set really compliments a Meteor Hammer. Her [Q] gives her ample time to channel the active without being interrupted, giving her great follow up in a fight. Her [W] and [R] are already good for taking objectives ([W] for wave clear and zoning; [R] for team sustain and hitting buildings) as well as going high ground making the hammer a great addition in that regard. As icing on the top, Kaya and Aether Lens, round out her items really well. Situationally, Crone can pick up Aeon Disk or Aghanim's Scepter. As for late game, Agatho scales fairly well with her percent based damage. She is also fairly adept at helping her team going high ground with [R].

Art

lonelyfreak

Notable (7)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Magnus Magus » December 20, 2017 6:51pm | Report
Does Abyssal flame last 6 seconds or 2 seconds? If the 2 seconds is supposed to apply for only max hp damage then just make it deal double that amount (2/3/4/5% max hp) at the start or end of the duration.

Make sure to specify that the ult is based on units in your team, not units in the in-game lore.

On her Q, is it supposed to put blink dagger on cooldown? Also, it would never effect Aeon disk as it only proccs when you go below 80% health, not when you take any arbitrary damage, so you can take that out.

For her aghs, maybe it could
-make corrupt earth a passive that deals damage in an aura, and can be cast for stun
OR
-Give her an ability that summons a flock of 8 controllable crows. They do nothing but have flying vision but can be sent as scouts or used to bolster Divine Judgement, counting both for her and against her enemies.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

My hero and item ideas!

The Magnus Magus

Notable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by lonelyfreak » December 21, 2017 11:28am | Report
Does Abyssal flame last 6 seconds or 2 seconds? If the 2 seconds is supposed to apply for only max hp damage then just make it deal double that amount (2/3/4/5% max hp) at the start or end of the duration.

Sorry for the confusion on how the skill works I'll be sure to make it more clear on what is happening.

Make sure to specify that the ult is based on units in your team, not units in the in-game lore.

Noted.

On her Q, is it supposed to put blink dagger on cooldown? Also, it would never effect Aeon disk as it only proccs when you go below 80% health, not when you take any arbitrary damage, so you can take that out.

Yes, the note means that it does put Blink Dagger on CD. And it can proc Aeon Disk, provided the unit drops below that 80% threshold due to the 50 damage. I guess I don't really need this note since it's pretty obvious. However, I mentioned that items could be used when being pushed and I wanted to clear up specific item interactions.

For her aghs, maybe it could
-make corrupt earth a passive that deals damage in an aura, and can be cast for stun
OR
-Give her an ability that summons a flock of 8 controllable crows. They do nothing but have flying vision but can be sent as scouts or used to bolster Divine Judgement, counting both for her and against her enemies.

I like both of these ideas but I'm still not totally sold on her needing an Aghanim's Scepter.

lonelyfreak

Notable (7)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Magnus Magus » December 21, 2017 8:46pm | Report
I didn't even see the Q did damage. That misunderstanding was my fault.

Also, make an aghs. Aghanims is just a cool thing to have, and the only item that feels specific to a single hero. (Obviously this is (not) an opinion; don't make an aghs if you really don't want to.)
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

My hero and item ideas!

The Magnus Magus

Notable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by lonelyfreak » December 27, 2017 3:05pm | Report
Changes and additions made, would appreciate some feedback.

lonelyfreak

Notable (7)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Magnus Magus » December 28, 2017 2:53am | Report
Looks good. For her W, I still feel it would make sense to just instantly remove health after initial DOT rather than having a 1 second burn. Also if you want the damage based on max hp to be equal to how much it was before double the damage.

My hero and item ideas!

The Magnus Magus

Notable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FangzofFuzzy » December 30, 2017 7:37pm | Report
I get the theme, half angel half devil old lady. But I feel a lore like this could be expanded on a little more, like why does she help some adventurers and hinder others?

I feel that the helping angelic side of her isn't really as present as the punishing one. What if Celestial Trumpet also pushed allied heroes?

Abyssal Flame is alright and a neat wink to Underlord, but I particularly like the idea of punishing them for their transgressions. Here's an idea: What if it really felt more like a curse? It'd still adhere to the tricky devil theme while also playing to a cruel witch theme. What if Abyssal Flame only slowed for the initial duration, then burnt them at the end for a base amount that increases for every attack the enemy makes during the curse? In line with this, maybe Divine Judgement could alter attack damage instead of attack speed so that the ultimate doesn't hinder this. On the topic of it, any particular reason that the heal values are flat as opposed to the scaling damage values?

I get that the line of 'plunging enemies into the abyss' is represented by Corrupt Earth, but a short mini-stun doesn't really portray that for me and reminds me a little thematically of Split Earth. While neither are wrong at all, what if it banished enemies affected for say, 1 second instead of mini-stunning them, with a slightly higher cooldown? That would really make them feel that they just fell into the pit of the abyss.

For the Aghs, I think the guy's other intention for the crows to act as heroes to empower Divine Judgement was a more interesting route to take it. So I'd like to offer an alternative suggestion in line with that:

[D] Puppet

Create a enemy hero dummy unit that provides vision for Crone's team. Whenever she casts Corrupt Earth, it will also be cast at the dummy's location.

Something along those lines to boost her ult, and synergize with certain hero abilities in interesting ways. Also it'd be fun to push around with Celestial Trumpet.

FangzofFuzzy

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by lonelyfreak » December 31, 2017 4:56pm | Report
The lore and theme of the hero are more precisely derived from the role of the crone or the hag in a hero’s journey. Malicious and cruel in some instances and helpful in others. Her name is quite literally taken from the word, agathokakological meaning “to be comprised of both good and evil”. However, I do agree that she was a little too much on the evil side so I changed her [E] to be more balance lore wise.

I don’t want to do too much more with the [Q] because repositioning tools are already really strong and I’m afraid to make it too over powered.

As for the [W], it was already somewhat complex with the independent durations and the multiple phases. I think your suggestion is neat but I’ve had too many people say it’s a busy skill. I made the burn just hit once at the end and otherwise I like how the skill is in its current form.

The numbers on the ultimate are in line with how other skills work. Health reduction or negative health regeneration are usually in a percentage form. While health regeneration for healing purposes are usually flat numbers.

Lastly, the Aghanim’s Scepter upgrade is supposed to be a bit overwhelming. It’s a situational pickup at best and I think I’ll leave it as such but thank you for the suggestion.

lonelyfreak

Notable (7)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FangzofFuzzy » January 1, 2018 8:20am | Report
Quoted:
but I’ve had too many people say it’s a busy skill

These people must not play DotA a lot, because there is an abundance of DoT + slow abilities in the game, yours also just does an additional nuke at the end. Besides, my suggestion actually cleans up the ability by making it only have the DoT at the end. But hey, you do you.

Quoted:
The numbers on the ultimate are in line with how other skills work. Health reduction or negative health regeneration are usually in a percentage form. While health regeneration for healing purposes are usually flat numbers.

But the base healing is percentage based. So why is the base % but the scaling is flat values all of a sudden?

FangzofFuzzy

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by lonelyfreak » January 3, 2018 11:46am | Report
FangzofFuzzy wrote:
These people must not play DotA a lot, because there is an abundance of DoT + slow abilities in the game, yours also just does an additional nuke at the end. Besides, my suggestion actually cleans up the ability by making it only have the DoT at the end. But hey, you do you.

Please calm down sir. I agreed with some of your suggestions and disagreed with others, no need to get snippy.

lonelyfreak

Notable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved