Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Forge of Creation #2.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Forge of Creation #2. 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » August 24, 2014 12:11am | Report

RULES

• Everybody must comply on the current theme set
  • There can only be one hero / item idea per submission
  • Nobody can vote for his/her own idea
  • Additional account creation is forbidden for vote
  • Previous winner must come out with the next theme
  • All poll will be taken by one host (we will decide) in his/her thread in one time
  • All the ideas will be posted in the host's thread, and any personal thread before or after is not counted
  • To be posted in the host's thread, one must PM the host in the allocated time (1 week after the theme is announced)
  • Each participant must rate each participant's hero / item idea

RATING

Each hero has "marking guidelines", based on which you'll be able to rate the hero. The categories are :
  • Synergy - How well the item function with a certain hero it was made for
  • Originality - How original the item is
  • All - around usage - Could it be used on other heroes too?
  • Flavour text - a small background towards the item's appearance / existance
  • Balance - Is the item balanced?

Each category can be rated with a grade from 1 to 10, with 1 being lowest and 10 being highest.

And now with this, I'll give you this month's theme chosen by Yzreel :

CORE ITEM

This thread will stay open for 1 week, enough time for each participant to submit their entry. Once the time limit is reached, participants will be able to rate each other's item ideas.

Participant list :
  • Unscathed --
  • oldKainen --
  • kkoopman3 --
  • Yzreel --
  • Smuggles --
  • BKvoiceover --
  • TheSofa --
  • Therapy
  • Hamstertamer --
  • ElDiablo
  • The amazing A.K.A stupid --

P.S :
    • To sign up, just PM me.
    • You just PM me about signing up, not actually sending me your whole hero idea.
    • Keep the thread clean (no posts off topic, for any further questions, again, PM me.
    • Read the rules before asking anything, they might answer some of your questions.
    • Everyone with a double dotted line next to their name have already posted their idea in this thread.

P.P.S : I might not be home today, so if you sign up, your name might not pop up imediatly on the participant list. Also sorry for posting it a couple hours late, I was really tired.

What core item means? An item that a certain hero should purchase 99% of their games, kind of an item specifically designed for one.

I'll ask everyone to keep the thread clean, makes things easier for everyone. Every off topic comment has been deleted.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » August 25, 2014 3:53am | Report
Core items is a hard theme, but I suggest to look at the core of many heroes. In this case,

Yasha
Drum of Endurance

To be a core, it must have a STRONG utility or great stats. The key is to knowing your roles, whether it is agi carry, roaming ganker, jungler, etc... knowing the role's nature is important. Though This is the first entry :)

Really hard, because I have two ideas for a ganker.

Requires: Sage's Mask, Circlet, Recipe (250)
Best for: Roaming support/ganker, examples are Earthshaker, Shadow Shaman, Storm Spirit
Tribal Mask (755)
ACTIVE: Enables unobstructed vision in a 600 radius.

Duration: 8 seconds
Cooldown: 25

Passive bonus
+ 50% mana regen
+ 6% movement speed
+ 6 all stats

"A mask worn by hunters from indigenous tribes, it allows the wearer to see through harsh jungles"

This item allows for more efficient ganking. Nice stats, mana regen, move speed increases ganking capabilities, cheap, and the unobstructed vision is precious. This is best used to lanes with many juke spots, but most efficient in the jungle. Feedbacks are appreciated, and winning is very lovely.
Take this as an example, folks! Have a good game!
And as the first one posting, the originals are all mine :)

P.S. Please tell me if i got the price wrong
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » August 25, 2014 11:52am | Report
I'm in!

Meet the...

Chalice of Starlight

A chalice filled with water preserved from an ancient comet, and blessed by the goddess of the moon, Selemene. It is said to absorb starlight and release the energy in the form of rays of searing intensity.

Cost : 2255 gold

Requires :
- Wraith Band (485)
- Null Talisman (470)
- Recipe (1300)

Bonus :
- +6 strength
- +10 agility
- +10 intelligence
- +6 damage
- Active ability : searing light

Searing light :

Emits a burst of stellar light that deals damage to the target enemy unit.

Deals damage equal to 160 base + number of damage charges. Damage type is pure.

There are two ways to gain damage charges :

- If the item has never been activated, the Chalice of Starlight gains 12 damage charges per minute. It stops gaining charges this way when the active ability is used for the first time.
- As soon as the active ability has been used, instead the Chalice of Starlight gains 4 damage charges every time an enemy hero dies within a 1400 radius.

Total damage dealt cannot exceed 600 pure damage.

Mana cost : 100
Range : 700
Cooldown : 30

Searing Light's cooldown is NOT reset by Rearm.

Explanation

My initial idea was to make a core item for Morphling. But actually I think it's a really good item for several other heroes as well.

The idea is simple : make an item that gives both stats and a burst damage active. A sort of dagon equivalent for STR/AGI heroes but with very different balancing.

This item would also be a good option on lots of AGI/STR carries or gankers who rely on burst and want good mid-game like Gyro, Mirana, Terrorblade, Bounty, Tiny, Tusk, Blood-suka, TA, or Slark. But Dagon is still far better on pure nukers and INT heroes who want to snowball.

Details

Besides Morphling, Terrorblade would really love this item for the Shadow Blade-> Sunder->pew pew build :)

A bit of math on the item

When you buy the item, the damage is only 160 pure, so it's not that good (a bit like Urn of Shadows), but on the other hand you get really good stats.
You need to wait a bit for it to charge up. If you wait 10 minutes before using it, it deals 280 pure damage on activation, similar to dagon (dagon is the equivalent of 300 pure damage). And if you wait 20 mins before using it, it deals 400 pure damage on activation (a bit more than Dagon 2). And as soon as you start using it, it only gains charges with kills, which encourages a "farm for 20-25 mins and then go fight and snowball" playstyle, which is more like how Morph should be played IMO.

The 1300 gold recipe only covers the cost of the active, the stats are essentially the same as what WB + null gives (I just added 1 AGI and 1 INT that's it). 1300 gold for the active makes it similarily priced as Dagon.

Credits : Image credit to Rockgem from Deviantart + a bit of personal Gimp'ing.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » August 25, 2014 12:25pm | Report
Hero: Terrorblade and really any illusion based hero.

Item Name: Infernal Scepter of Deceit

Active: All Illusions controlled by the summoner now have incoming damage reduced to the amount of incoming damage that the illusion�s summoner would take.
Duration: 5
Cooldown: 50
Mana Cost: 100

+16 Agility
    + 6 Intelligence
    + 25 Attack Speed
    + 20 Damage
    + 10% Movement Spe
    + 75% Mana Regeneration

Built From

Yasha - 2100
o + 16 Agility
o + 15 Attack Speed
o + 10% Movement Speed
Oblivion Staff - 1675
o + 6 Intelligence
o + 75% Mana Regeneration
o + 15 Damage
o + 10 Attack Speed

Recipe - 1300

"A scepter hand crafted for the Pit Lord, Eligash, to strengthen his army of illusions."

I built this item around the fact that there are plenty of ways to boost the power of your illusions offensively simply by purchasing stat boosting items. But there really wasn't any item that boosted illusions defensively. That is what this item is for. The point of this item is to make your illusions more tanky by making them take the same amount of damage as the summoner making the incoming damage equal to 100% rather than an increased amount of damage. Of course having it be active all the time was a bit too strong so I made it an active that you trigger. The cost of the recipe is simply for the active ability.

Note: Manta Style illusions gain the buff. Any illusions summoned during the duration gain the buff.

As always questions and concerns are always welcome.

edit: Changed the duration of the illusion buff from 10 seconds to 5 seconds.

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 25, 2014 4:25pm | Report
Speed Scepter
Total cost: 5500
Ingredients: Eul's Scepter of Divinity, Hyperstone, recipe
+15 Intelligence
+200% mana regen
+55 attackspeed
+40 movement speed
Active: Increases the missile speed of spells by 500 for 20 seconds.
Cooldown: 30
Manacost: 100
Those who wield it become like the wind, agile and nimble.

This is my idea, I originally made it for Mirana, as speeding up the arrow would help. A lot.

Same with many 'skill shots'

A faster meat hook means more kills.
A faster hookshot means more reliable initiation
etc.

Constructive Criticism appreciated

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oldKainen » August 25, 2014 9:01pm | Report
Well, here we go them:

Core Item (not a must, but a very nice core extension, I think) for Storm Spirit (but anyone who uses low cooldown nukes + right clicks or heavy magical damage dealers like Lina, Zeus, Skywrath Mage, etc, can use it effectively).

Arcana Spearwand
Category: Caster
( Magic Wand + Javelin + Recipe)
Cost: 2700 Gold (Recipe: 700)
+7 All Stats
+25 Damage

Active: Energy Charge
Gains charges (max 20) based on enemies using abilities in a nearby area. When activated, restores health and mana based on the number of charges stored and also grants Charged: your next attack will do bonus magical damage based on the number of charges restored.
Health, Mana and Damage per Charge: 15
Cooldown: 12

Notes

Passive: Magic Pierce
Wielder ignores 50% of their target's Magic Resistance, causing increased magical, composite or universal damage. Does not stack with itself.

A combination of a warrior's weapon with a mage's wand turns out in a effective war's tool for any fighter.

Did it because sometimes Magic Wand can be pretty useless in lane, especially for bottle-rush mids, like Storm Spirit, giving him a chance to improve the Wand and turn it an effective weapon that greatly increases his overall damage.

oldKainen

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (14)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » August 25, 2014 11:21pm | Report

The Drum of the Extolled

Lore

"the sound of the drum is said to make even the strongest willed warrior become whipped into a frenzy or run scared from the fight"

The build is
- Ring of Aquila 985
- Drum of Endurance 1800
- Orb of Venom 275
- Recipe 600

Total cost is : 3660

STATS:

+15 to all attributes
+2 armour
+15 damage

EXTOLLED AURA (PASSIVE) :

Bonus A/S: 10

Bonus M/S:10%

Man regen: 1.5ps

Bonus armour: 2

EXTOLLED

EXPLANATION

So my idea was to find early game items that are dead ends and give them life into the mid game and late game.

Items that people get on core heroes when things aren't going to plan or they are a bit behind.

Such as drums on Mirana or drums on Doom or ring of Aquila on Mirana or on Terror Blade. Items people get just so they can keep up or get back into a game where they cant find the farm for their larger items.

My idea was to combine those two items since they are basically dead end items as they don't upgrade into any late game items.

Also I wanted to create an item that also would be good on supports that can provide some utility to the team but mostly on position 2 3 or 4.

Doom, ember spirit and terror blade will benefit from this item.

This is basically an utility item with a lot of uses. I don't think it is OP since it can be purged and the duration isn't long at all.

This item would become core on heroes such as Mirana because it will fit in with her abilities and she already Builds Ring of Aquila and Drums of Endurance.
the combo would become

Sacred Arrow> Leap>Starfall>EXTOLLED>right click to death from mid game on.

Also when escaping she could leap and EXTOLL and gain 3 seconds of 25% move speed plus it would stack well with her phase boots and her leap move speed buff.

On a support Mirana she could wait till a team fight happens then use the drum on an enemy support who is sitting out of the fight causing them to run away for 3 seconds. basically zoning them out of the fight and as such if they knew this they would be more inclined to get closer to the fight making it easier to aim them.

Could also be used on an enemy hero to get them to run away from you if they are outside of 300 units. Similar to a Euls scepter

On terror blade he could use it right after sunder to get those last hits in.
On a carry like void it could be used in chrono or outside of it for some extra A/S

The stats provided are good for the cost and not to much for the inlay and the build is decent for it and if seen early a debuff item could be built to counter it.
Also it synergies well with some line ups and cant be used to push towers since it requires enemy hero to be within 300 units meaning the tower will be defended.

the duration isn't very long so its enough to make an impact but not enough to be imbalanced.

Hope you guys like :D

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » August 27, 2014 12:48pm | Report

Cutpurse's Boots

2200gp

Worn by the most ruthless of cutthroats and vagabonds, these boots will also suffice for a quick theft.

Lore

Core for: Melee Agility Carries, such as Phantom Assassin, Troll Warlord, or Anti-Mage

Active-Hasty Retreat-Steal 20% of an enemy hero's movement speed for a short duration
Range: 700
Duration: 8
Cooldown: 22

Item Stats:
+20% Lifesteal
+50 Movement Speed
+10 Agility

To build:
Boots of Speed
Morbid Mask
Band of Elvenskin
Recipe - 400gp

This item is meant to be an escape, used by mostly melee agility carries. It can be used by heroes of any primary attribute quite successfully, due to the lifesteal, movement speed, and active ability. However, the extra agility will go a long way for agility heroes in particular. The active, Hasty Retreat, provides an important movement speed bonus, while temporarily decreasing the movement speed of a pursuing hero, making this a counter against heroes with slows or gankers, and also a core item for melee heroes who may need to get the hell out if they end up on the wrong end of a sword or arrow.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The amazing A.K.A stupid » August 28, 2014 6:14am | Report
Am I in? Ill write anyways ^_^
(Yes I sent a pm)

Blade of the accursed

Description:Used by the Nomads to hunt strange and magical creatures."

Components:
Band of Elvenskin 450 gold
Belt of Strength 450 gold
Robe of magi 450 gold
Mithril Hammer 1600 gold
recipe 500 gold

Total cost-3450 gold

Stats:
+8 of all stats
+35 damage
+3 armour
+100% mana regen

Passive:
Break- has a chance to reduce the targets
armour to 0 and reduce his magic resistance by 20%
for 7 seconds.

Range chance - 15%
Melee chance - 25%

Who is it for?
This item is great for heroes like Wraith King and
other strength carries but then I realized this can be good on other agi carries too like
Sniper and Luna.This is because the extra damage is great and the break is amazing against heroes with
high armour and magic resistance.The mana regen and the stats are also good good for survivability and the armour helps too :)
"When we get attacked we fight back for we have faith in our side"

I rarely insult people(like real insult) for I am defenseless against them.

But when I do, I make my point clearly

The amazing A.K.A stupid

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » September 1, 2014 11:04am | Report
When is voting? Should be now, yes?

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved