Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Worst team ever... of all time

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Worst team ever... of all time 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » April 29, 2014 9:38am | Report
I literally think that I had the worst team ever this last game.

Got stuck filling in the 4th and 5th role support due our last guy picking Chaos Knight even though we already had a carry in sniper and two initiators in Magnus and Puck. So I got stuck with wards and courier. Never got enough gold for mech. Worse was I was playing Earthshaker. A very mana dependent hero.

The team itself was a lot worse.

Our Sniper had bits and pieces of gear with the only real high item being a yasha.

Our Magnus has a Sange and Phase boots but no blink dagger or force staff.

Our Chaos Knight went Battlefury out of all things. Along with an SnY

The only person who picked sensibly was our Puck.

Too bad our Magnus was horrid and our CK was toxic. And when I say toxic; I mean nuclear waste level.

He would basically flee a fight when he was near half health. Even though Puck and I blow everything to lock the other team down so he can damage them. Yet it ended up that both of us would die trying to counter initiate on the enemy while our CK would run with his tail between his legs.

He then would ***** at us for feeding. He was like; Earthshaker your a noob for not having Blink Dagger. I'm like; I'm buying wards for the team. I don't even have enough for a mech. Our super smart CK was like; no Puck is 4th role support and even he has blink dagger.

I tried to explain to him that puck was our initiator; but again; this guy was high off his own piss. Thinking that his carry was unbeatable and that it was the teams fault that we were losing.

I told him; that if he wanted mech and wards then he should just buy them himself. But he called me a noob saying that it was my job. And I was like; that's why I'm so poor. I'm buying everything for the team. Heck even bought tangos at the start to give to the team.

If there was ever a day that I could just reach through the monitor and deck a player; today would be that day.

Sorry bout the rant; just needed to blow off some steam.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » April 29, 2014 10:02am | Report
We've all been through that, I assure you mate.

It's not the first nor the last bad team you'll have.

The best thing to do is chill and take a break. That's what I do and it works c:
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eheroduelist » April 29, 2014 10:11am | Report
Low level pubs are like that- Most newer(/lower level players in general that think they're good) experience the bystander effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect), when they pick a carry.
Carries depend on their supports to get through 0:00->30-45:00. When you don't have two supports, it's essentially the equivalent of a person standing on one leg- it shouldn't work, but that's where you generally lean on a solo offlaner accepting the responsibility of soaking xp and not dying to be able to balance the team out.

If you're solo-supporting, there's not a very high chance you'll be physically capable of contributing to the game unless your team ganks the lane you're in immensely or you have the ability to grab a significant amount of last hits in the jungle while pulling/etc.

Tough it out, and pray your carries can carry. If not, *shift-enter* ggwp ff pls *enter*

Eheroduelist

Notable (2)
Steam: Ri'Ec.Ehero
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 29, 2014 10:22am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

The best thing to do is chill and take a break. That's what I do and it works c:

There's a better option, find 4 people with brains who you can enjoy playing with.
Eheroduelist wrote:

Low level pubs are like that- Most newer(/lower level players in general that think they're good) experience the bystander effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect), when they pick a carry.

I thought it was the Dunning-Kruger Effect that Carries suffer from.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eheroduelist » April 29, 2014 10:51am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Eheroduelist

Notable (2)
Steam: Ri'Ec.Ehero
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » April 29, 2014 11:23am | Report
Well I did take a break. Ended up getting a team that was competent. Was a Crystal Maiden with the other support being Lion. The other team on the other hand had a troll Luna.

Even still; their Ember Spirit was good and was making our lives hard till I could farm up a BKB. Normally I wouldn't on a support; but that Ember and their Spirit Breaker were being too big of pains. In the end; it was the right choice cause I got a four member team wipe on them when I popped BKB and went Ulty. Walked away with 174 health and it lead to our team winning.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » April 29, 2014 1:57pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

This is the most accurate description of a Russian Dota player I've ever read. I'm not joking.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Faust87 » April 29, 2014 2:53pm | Report
Yeah, games like that happens, you just have to go through with it :/ In my last match i was the only support as Crystal Maiden, I was laning with Faceless Void but whenever I tried to stack/ pull the creep camp (since the lane enemy was lich, the wave was constantly near their tower), our jungling Doom would come to farm them so that the pull would fail... and he kept doing it -___- And in the meantime faceless void would die and blame me for not assisting him

Faust87

Notable (1)
Steam: Faust
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » April 29, 2014 3:41pm | Report
Just like in RL, some people are greedy/selfish and won't own up to their mistakes. The best advice I can give you is to keep playing the right way, and don't fall into the same traps when you're playing other roles. Yes a carry shouldn't buy wards, but you can help out occasionally if your supports are struggling.

One of my pet hates is when the other team has lots of invis, and you're the only one carry detection - there's no reason not to carry at least some Dust of Appearance if you have any space available on any hero.

The other is when you're a solo support and have a utility offlaner who could quite easily get a mek, help out a bit with consumables etc when it's obvious they're a #4. Nope, that Windranger couldn't possibly get Arcane Boots!

Generally I try show the hero I want to play, but leave it late to actually pick them so I've still got the option of picking up a mana-sustain hard support. The likes of Lich, Lion, Keeper of the Light and Crystal Maiden can all get by with very minimal equipment.

Obviously playing with friends or at higher levels helps too. I was on a team yesterday as Earthshaker and we had an Ancient Apparition too. I needed a Blink Dagger, he really wanted to get an Aghanim's Scepter - both are pretty important for the team. We shared responsibility early on, then I asked him to help out while I saved for my blink, then took over once I had it so he could get his scepter. We hardly spoke otherwise, but the job got done.

Asking nicely and explaining (briefly) why is usually enough to get some help on any team with at least 1 other decent player.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » April 29, 2014 4:48pm | Report
... the Dunning-Kruger Effect is the most accurate description of some players *couch*russians*cough that i have ever heard....

i have a *friend* that when he plays ap pubs by himself he usually goes heroes that, if he gets stuck with abusing and annoying players, can *affect* them ... be that OD, Bloodseeker silence chen or lvl 6 kotl ... he rolls out the threat ...

"play better and stop being a **** or ill hunt for you and ill find you and ill make it so you cant play" ...

usually after being sent back to base 6 times while trying to farm or being consistently pulled into OD prison they get the idea and play better ...

i think of it as a "sheriff" role.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved