Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

why battlefury on bounty hunter?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » why battlefury on bounty hunter? 19 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 25, 2013 4:51am | Report
why do people build it? it's such a noob build IMO. bounty needs to get it very early in the game or it doesn't shine. just like hand of Midas. can anyone give me the reason why BF on BH?

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » December 25, 2013 6:01am | Report
It's enticing for the regen, and cleave, the damage boost is solid early on too, really serves no purpose on BH, who generally won't have the farm early enough as an off laner to take advantage of its benefit to farming. It's more of a hard carry item, battlefury is a great item, but consider this: BH bfury vs Void, or AM with it, who wins in the end.. Don't play him as a hard carry, off lane, be obnoxious get the track kills, murder supports.
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 25, 2013 6:20am | Report
that's exactly what i try to tell every BH in my team but they never listen. :(

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » December 25, 2013 9:15am | Report
I hate it when people think that Battle Fury is a Core Item on Bounty Hunter too. The Cleave can be useful when Enemies are Black Holed, or clumped up through some other means, but wouldn't you pick a Hero up that made better use of them being clumped together? The Mana Regen is more than needed as well. Aside from Shuriken, you don't have any expensive spells, and you only need to use Shuriken to ensure a Kill/stop a Channel. The HP regen and Damage are nice, but there are better alternatives, like Urn of Shadows, Armlet of Mordiggian or a casual Perserverance.

Vladmir's Offering is my personal favourite, it doesn't benefit Bounty Hunter as much as a Battle Fury, but his Team is certainly stronger for it since the benefits are all in an Aura (aside from the HP Regen).

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » December 25, 2013 9:31am | Report
It's just an old outdated build that some people choose to follow, but I would never buy it (I just today had a flamer bouty hunter calling my team, his team and everybody else noobs, until we pointed out that he has a battlefury xD) also, pls don't go battlefury on Tusk, because it breaks my heart :c

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yasutsuna » December 25, 2013 10:09am | Report
Tusk needs a Battlefury because it makes his ulti OP. Joking, joking.

Now, back at BH with BF. Instead of buying BF, I normally opt for a Drums of Endurance as it does provide survival, movement speed (which you need), and INT for mana regeneration.

There are guides that make BH as a hard carry, this is when he needs BF. But, let's face it. BH is a horrible hard carry with invisibility that can be easily countered. His Shuriken Toss might be a nuke, but doesn't scale well late game. His quantum-high damage will proc once every feel seconds. This makes him a rather bad Hard Carry.

That being say, don't build BF on Bounty Hunter unless you're, well, insane or a noob. It's not worth the gold on BH, just build a MkB or something.

Yasutsuna
<Veteran>

Memorable (51)
Steam: Yasutsuna
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » December 25, 2013 7:30pm | Report
Tusk battlefury is at least more acceptable than Bounty Hunter battlefury.

Desolator all the way.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » December 26, 2013 5:47am | Report
If you think Battle Fury is trash on BH, just wait until you see it on a Spectre (real story).

Refers back to a pretty old build this BF on BH.Since in 6.66 there were no drums yet, this was the closest thing you could get.The fact that you had one of these betwen ganks meaned that you could just run from lane to lane and your mana/HP being refiled while on the run.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Harassosauras » December 26, 2013 9:39am | Report
I play BH a good amount as the solo hard lane when playing in 5 stacks and if I get a good start I get deso/linkens works very well for my play style

Harassosauras

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by carpediem.toxygen » December 26, 2013 9:46am | Report
same question. in my opinion Bounty Hunter hits once or twice, he doesnt hit you like void for example - 10-15 times. So you need maximum damage for this 1-2 attacks => medallion + deso maybe will do the trick. Also vladmirs\drums and all kind of auras will do on BH since it makes you lil bit fatter and also gives good auras to your allies, someone should buy this items and you can afford it, so...

carpediem.toxygen

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved