Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The international compendium predictions

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The international compendium predictions 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Moodkill » May 11, 2014 5:29am | Report
What are your predictions? Mainly mine are:

Most GPM:Spectre

Most kills:Gyro

Most picked:Ember Spirit

Most assists:Rylai

Most deaths:Rylai

Also would like to know if ember will still be picked as the nerf was pretty heavy.

Moodkill

Notable (9)
Steam: Moodkill
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » May 11, 2014 5:58am | Report
Ember Spirit hasn't been picked much lately, fallen off to be picked/banned at 2nd pick or ban phase now. Still really powerful, but it's not exactly the trend right now.

Your predictions are... well, not exactly predictions I would agree with. All of those aren't really picked that much at this point, I doubt Spectre will be picked up other than probably a pick from Na'Vi in an unimportant game in group stages.

If these besides the imba spirit one are "in a single match" predictions then I guess they can pe plausible (besides spec, that's just not going to happen with heroes like Luna).

Possible I guess, but I'd have to disagree.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 11, 2014 6:52am | Report
samukobo wrote:

Your predictions are... well, not exactly predictions I would agree with. All of those aren't really picked that much at this point, I doubt Spectre will be picked up other than probably a pick from Na'Vi in an unimportant game in group stages.

To be fair, the Predictions only cover the Qualifiers, so you have the European, American, Chinese, and Asian Metas to consider, NOT including the Invited Teams, so Na'vi, EG, DK, etc. aren't included in these.
Moodkill wrote:

Most GPM:Spectre

Spectre doesn't really have much going for her GPM wise, Naga Siren and Meepo are the strongest GPM Heroes in the game, since they can Farm a Lane and Jungle at the same time...easily.
Moodkill wrote:

Most kills:Gyro

http://www.datdota.com/stats.php?p=heroes

^ You have to sort the results yourself, but a Gyrocopter with 21 games makes it seem like a reasonable bet to me. While a Gyrocopter can do a lot of damage, he' not neccessarily going to be the one to secure the Kill, especially now that Kill Securing with Supports is more the norm since they need the Gold more and the Carry will just keep on Farming afterwards anyway.

My bet? Storm Spirit, lots of Kill Secure potential with Overload and massive Ball Lightning dives.
Moodkill wrote:

Most picked:Ember Spirit

http://www.datdota.com/stats.php?p=draft

Bet Rubick, win big! 8{D
Moodkill wrote:

Most assists:Rylai

In the Top 25 Assists logged, Mirana shows up 5 times. In the top 50, Crystal Maiden is nowhere to be found.
Moodkill wrote:

Most deaths:Rylai

Fairly reasonable, but considering the new Buff to Vengeful Spirit and the fact that she will practically commit suicide to save Carries with Netherswap, I'll bet on her instead.
Moodkill wrote:

Also would like to know if ember will still be picked as the nerf was pretty heavy.

Actually, it only really affects his Early Game, wasn't that bad of a Nerf. He only does 40 less Damage per Sleight of Fist hit at lvl16 now.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » May 11, 2014 7:17am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

To be fair, the Predictions only cover the Qualifiers, so you have the European, American, Chinese, and Asian Metas to consider, NOT including the Invited Teams, so Na'vi, EG, DK, etc. aren't included in these.

Oh ****, only for qualifiers? I... did not know that.

I would personally give most assists to something like an Ancient Apparition. Most GPM will probably be something like a Luna, and most picked would be... Batrider?

I don't know much about the meta yet.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » May 11, 2014 4:44pm | Report
Vengeful suicides are becoming the norm atm in games ... swap carry out and die now carry survive and the killer is impotent. ive even seen a venge bait a hard carry into killing her in a jungle knowing her hard carry was hiding then boom hard carry jumps in and takes them out while they have the reductions on them.(sneaky B*&^h) haha

most gpm: naga

Most kills: storm or cent (them early lvl kills)

Most deaths : Venge

Most assists: AA or invoker (solid presence in team fights)

Most picked: AA (too much to give to be overlooked)

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Moodkill » May 12, 2014 3:18am | Report
samukobo wrote:

Oh ****, only for qualifiers? I... did not know that.

I would personally give most assists to something like an Ancient Apparition. Most GPM will probably be something like a Luna, and most picked would be... Batrider?

I don't know much about the meta yet.

I feel the same, everything seems a bit vague after 6.81.

Moodkill

Notable (9)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Moodkill » May 12, 2014 3:19am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Spectre doesn't really have much going for her GPM wise, Naga Siren and Meepo are the strongest GPM Heroes in the game, since they can Farm a Lane and Jungle at the same time...easily.

^ You have to sort the results yourself, but a Gyrocopter with 21 games makes it seem like a reasonable bet to me. While a Gyrocopter can do a lot of damage, he' not neccessarily going to be the one to secure the Kill, especially now that Kill Securing with Supports is more the norm since they need the Gold more and the Carry will just keep on Farming afterwards anyway.

My bet? Storm Spirit, lots of Kill Secure potential with Overload and massive Ball Lightning dives.

http://www.datdota.com/stats.php?p=draft

Bet Rubick, win big! 8{D

In the Top 25 Assists logged, Mirana shows up 5 times. In the top 50, Crystal Maiden is nowhere to be found.

Fairly reasonable, but considering the new Buff to Vengeful Spirit and the fact that she will practically commit suicide to save Carries with Netherswap, I'll bet on her instead.

Actually, it only really affects his Early Game, wasn't that bad of a Nerf. He only does 40 less Damage per Sleight of Fist hit at lvl16 now.

Never thought of rubick and mirana, seen in almost every match I have to say.

Moodkill

Notable (9)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 12, 2014 3:43am | Report
Are we talking about single games or the whole qualifier here?

Most GPM: in a game, i l vote alchemist becouse there is a chance some team will still play him as a carry.

Most kills: if axe will keep getting picked it will be him. Almost 100% on this. Ember is combined games.

Most picked:Ancient apparition.

Most assists:In a single game something like AA, spectre or bat. Over all the games almost centainly bat. If he keeps getting picked which he should.

Most deaths: shadow shaman for both. He is slow, squishy, blinks into the middle of fights, so as a result he will die a lot. Although the single game death count could be anyone really.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 12, 2014 3:53am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Most GPM: in a game, i l vote alchemist becouse there is a chance some team will still play him as a carry.

I'd say this is possible but unlikely, if he does get run as a Carry, I see him getting shut down, or at least slowed down providing the ohter Team doesn't massively screw up...actually never mind, he's likely. -_-
Timminatorr wrote:

Most kills: if axe will keep getting picked it will be him. Almost 100% on this. Ember is combined games.

Can't beleive I forgot about Axe's Kill Secure potential ._.
Timminatorr wrote:

Most deaths: shadow shaman for both. He is slow, squishy, blinks into the middle of fights, so as a result he will die a lot. Although the single game death count could be anyone really.

I'm sensing the most Deaths in a single game will go to an American Bane 8{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 12, 2014 7:04am | Report
O yea, BTW. I was always assuming they we need to predict the MOST kills in the whole qualifier, not the highest avarage kills/game.
Im not so sure now however.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved