Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

OD new meta?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » OD new meta? 23 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElJefe » June 2, 2013 6:28pm | Report
The only one that has had a decent response is the pugna suggestion. Nyx gets raped against OD ... don't believe me ? Just try it... nyx will have to abandon lane after his consumables are gone. OD's zero animation AI is just insane to deal with, nyx will have no mana to burn OD after about 3 of them. and given the OD passive... He's always going to have mana. Silencer can handle him... for a while.. but will end up being pushed out just the same. So... IMO.. the only 2 mid laners that have the ability to stay in lane with OD... are Pugna and Sniper. Pugna being the only one that I have won the lane with. There are a few heros I would like to try against him, just have not had the chance... and thats brood and bounty... I have a feeling that it truly is as simple as a sentry fix for the OD but... maybe I'm wrong.

ElJefe

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » June 2, 2013 8:53pm | Report
Huskar can go with him due to him no having a true stun and husk not needing mana. Any hero that needs a spell will lose their lane. Nyx will lose the laning phase but once the mid game comes, nyx can do a ton of damage with mana burn. The only good way to stop OD is to gank him hard with your supports. Use smokes and just keep at him. This at best will ruin his levels and gold and at worst force him to play very scared with the fear of being ganked.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » June 4, 2013 12:29pm | Report
It looks like everyone is forgetting about bottle crowing and Bottles in general: OD is pretty weak in the mid lane, having no lane control (because he has no AoE nukes unlike Queen of Pain, Puck, Magnus, Storm Spirit and so on) and being Bottle-independent (which means leaving all the runes to the enemy mid). The only thing he can do is spamming his Astral Imprisonment and autoattacking, but even so he can't force anyone out of the lane as long as they have that Bottle. Having no nukes, he can't effectively gank other lanes either.

I don't really think OD is even between the top 5 mid laners: his AI might be annoying but he just doesn't have the requirements to be a good mid unless you are against a Warlock/ Morphling/ Viper. Of course he's not as passive as Sniper or Drow Ranger, but he definitely works better in a 1vs1 solo lane.

Talking about OD in the current meta, I like getting a fast Mekansm on him abusing the active abilities of Tranquil Boots and Buckler to get extra mana. He does his job in teamfights and is actually a good side carry, but his pick ratio is highly dependent on the enemy lanes in my opinion.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved