Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

OD new meta?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » OD new meta? 23 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by iN7.Ganker » May 19, 2013 12:52pm | Report
Just gank him or use some common counters like Nyx Assassin with Mana Burn, Lone Druid outlanes him even Drow Ranger 6 shots him in the mid game with Silence on top of him and even outlanes him in the midlane with orb walking Frost Arrows.

Other heroes that come to mind would be Skywrath Mage, Doom Bringer ****s him over so much, you just Doom him and don't even give a **** about him anymore. Not really common but Bloodseeker ****s him as well in mid or atleast trades farm and ganks him later on quite easily.

Viper can beat him in mid, a farming Clinkz in case you lane him solo vs solo, can easily **** him over with an early orchid.

A decent hard carry should kill him very easy as well someone like Lifestealer eats him alive.

iN7.Ganker
<Editor>

Notable (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blint » May 19, 2013 2:05pm | Report
[/quote]
The single thing that comes in my head is ganking.. Also, picking a non-intelligence hero to fight him on mid is a good thing. I always destroy him mid with a Kunkka.
[/quote]

yeah kunk is awesome to lane against him with..because of his water sword of death.. because in most 1 on 1 fights with him.. he will just astral and run for the hills if you engage him directly

Blint

Steam: Blint
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » May 19, 2013 6:41pm | Report
Yeah, he hurts late game. This is kind of on subject, but why isn't Silencer picked more competitively? He hits hard and a 6 sec Silence in a teamfight is awesome.

R-Conqueror
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by iN7.Ganker » May 20, 2013 3:53am | Report
You can play around him ...

Kill him before the fight starts or just force him to use his silence not when he wants but when he must before he dies in a teamfight by focusing him.

You can as well counter his Global Silence with Black King Bar's in the later game. The cooldown of Global Silence is really high as well and you can use that to your advantage forceing a fight at one of the enemy towers or Roshan when Global Silence is not up yet.

He is an awful support since he can't slow nor stun the enemy. He does good single target damage but is to squishy to stay log enough in a fight and he is not gonna be the farm priority. Rendering his weak carry potential useless in the end.

In additional his Curse of the Silence which is completely useless in fights. Last Word does okay damage and the disarm and/or silence can be really good but in the current meta we have Black King Bar's are around every corner especially on carrys where the disarm really matters.

He is just to weak or let's say to situational to be picked more often which is fine for me.

iN7.Ganker
<Editor>

Notable (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blint » May 20, 2013 5:36pm | Report
R-Conqueror wrote:

Yeah, he hurts late game. This is kind of on subject, but why isn't Silencer picked more competitively? He hits hard and a 6 sec Silence in a teamfight is awesome.

R-Conqueror

i lover silencer.. hes awesome through out early and late game... his dots are OP for scoring early kills.. and nothing is worse than being silences in a team fight lol although he does lack any escapes tbh.. That may put people off

Blint

Steam: Blint
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » May 20, 2013 5:42pm | Report
Yeah, I think hes great, I get first blood with him all the time.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » May 21, 2013 5:31am | Report
as much as i can say (havent watched all the qualifier matches yet) OD is just getting picked 4th or 5th pick in a team. I assume this has to do with his various counters (as iN7.Ganker beautifully stated in his post above) and teams just want to be sure to pick him, when he isnt getting countered hard!

OD is my mostplayed hero and if the enemy doesnt have bkbs he simply obliterates any enemy.
A hero whom i also consider a nuisance playing against, is pugna... Arcane Orb costs 100 mana and a 1.75 scaling Nether Ward hurts!

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » May 21, 2013 11:35am | Report
After The International 3 when the Chinese play style will meet the European play style once again, I have a feeling there will be big changes in the meta.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by iN7.Ganker » May 21, 2013 4:32pm | Report
Basically every big tournament where teams intensely bootcamp before and prepare secret and/or pocket stratgies change the meta or the "sort of trend" the game is played.

That is why Dota 2 is the best game of all times for me. You don't change anything and suddenly the whole metagame shifts without a balance patch and heroes who were never looked at are suddenly ridiculously good.

Like Dark Seer became when a mixed german team was like: "Let's play Dark Seer!" And beats Na´vi with it back in there invicible time. So many things that are discovered out of nowhere like Morphling just got the most overpowered hero because people realized how to use him perfectly. (Slark anyone? Suddenly out of nowhere got a 80% win record in the TI 3 western qualifiers)

Like Hades4u said:
Hades4u wrote:
when the Chinese play style will meet the European play style once again, I have a feeling there will be big changes in the meta.

I am so looking forward to this!

iN7.Ganker
<Editor>

Notable (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fjuben » June 2, 2013 4:08pm | Report
Yoda wrote:

Any ideas of how to counter him tho in the laning stage? (none of that "everything works with proper team coordination teamwork bla blabla...")

nyx's mana-burn. nuff said

Fjuben

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved