Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Meepo: Shadow Blade or Blink Dagger, which do you prefer?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Meepo: Shadow Blade or Blink Dagger, which do you prefer? 20 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AwesomeClock » May 6, 2013 5:51pm | Report
Recently I've fooled around with Shadow Blade over the usual Blink Dagger as a utility item on Meepo and fell in love with it. It has nice synergy with BoT while providing an eject button which Blink Dagger lacks.

So now I'm wondering what other Meepo players prefer and why.

AwesomeClock

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by lukson987 » May 15, 2013 12:24pm | Report
it costs 850 gold more and works somehow differently. I still think blink+poof combo is owning.

lukson987

Notable (5)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by frogger_29 » May 16, 2013 5:53am | Report
Actually, it kinda depends on personal preference. Blink Dagger is instantaneous and better for initiation, but cannot be used for escaping during teamfights. Shadow Blade on the other hand can be used for escaping the main Meepo and does not require 'fast hands' to initiate properly but is easily countered by detection and is slower than a Blink Dagger. Since, I'm not a Meepo player myself, I'll leave it to the best Meepo players to decide which is better.

frogger_29

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » May 16, 2013 6:02am | Report
Neither.I just rush Aghanim's Scepter.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » May 16, 2013 6:20am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Agreed. It should usually be the first major item on Meepo.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » May 16, 2013 6:55am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Aghs isn't the only item you buy on Meepo. For initiation, he's asking which either Blink or Shadow Blade. And even at that, should buy Mek before Aghs honestly.

I would say Blink Dagger, 100%.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » May 16, 2013 7:27am | Report
Atlas wrote:

Aghs isn't the only item you buy on Meepo. For initiation, he's asking which either Blink or Shadow Blade. And even at that, should buy Mek before Aghs honestly.

Neither of those 2 sir,I don't use an item to initiate with Meepo,I use Meepo himself to initiate.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » May 16, 2013 7:30am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Atlas wrote:

In my opinion, Agh's is enough for gaining both survivability and more damage, so you don't need a Mekansm first: even according to n0tail from Fnatic who played mid Meepo in a competitive game Aghanim's rush is the best option.

About the initiation tool, I stick to the Blink Dagger because once you understand how to blink-poof you will have no problems in doing it. Also, Shadow Blade is easily counterable and does not always work as an escape mechanism because you have 4 more Meepos on your back.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » May 16, 2013 9:26am | Report
Hm, I went off topic with my reply. Shadow Blade has certain escape capabilities (though limited because of the 5 Meepos), but like Peppo mentioned, Blink Dagger is not easy to counter except with observer wards to see outside-of-vision blinking attempts.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by frogger_29 » May 16, 2013 10:25pm | Report
Well, Aghanim's Scepter can be a double-edged sword on Meepo since adding an extra Meepo clone does require more micromanagement.

frogger_29

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved