Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Meepo: Shadow Blade or Blink Dagger, which do you prefer?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Meepo: Shadow Blade or Blink Dagger, which do you prefer? 20 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by lukson987 » May 18, 2013 11:51pm | Report
Has anyone tried not building aghanim? I mean, to build only aura items so you dont need that 100% stat sharing.

lukson987

Notable (5)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » May 19, 2013 1:32am | Report
lukson987 wrote:

Has anyone tried not building aghanim? I mean, to build only aura items so you dont need that 100% stat sharing.

If you get Aghanim's Scepter, you will be getting 10 of each stat, additional health and mana for your main Meepo, 100% stat sharing and an extra Meepo. Getting a combination of aura items, like Vladimir's Offering, Mekansm, Assault Cuirass, is usually more expensive and gives less effects than buying an Aghanim's Scepter and then buying stat items on the main Meepo (although Vladimir's Offering is a good item to get after Aghanim's Scepter).

Back on topic, Blink Dagger is the better item on Meepo. Shadowblade is quite useless on Meepo in my opinion because 1. It is easily countered by true sight, 2. It is not as fast as a Blink Dagger initiation and 3. Blink Dagger lets you bypass terrain to escape (assuming you did not get hit). A Blink Dagger initiation is also a lot more satisfying than a Shadowblade initiation, since it takes more effort to perform.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » May 29, 2013 11:40am | Report
After Dagon, Shadow Blade is the best item in the game.

I mean come on: Makes you invisible until the duration ends, or until you attack or cast a spell. While Shadow Walk is active, you move 20% faster and can move through units. If attacking to break the invisibility, you gain 150 bonus damage on that attack. Lasts 12 seconds.

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » May 29, 2013 11:50am | Report
Pu12e wrote:

After Dagon, Shadow Blade is the best item in the game.

I mean come on: Makes you invisible until the duration ends, or until you attack or cast a spell. While Shadow Walk is active, you move 20% faster and can move through units. If attacking to break the invisibility, you gain 150 bonus damage on that attack. Lasts 12 seconds.

180 gold makes Shadow Blade useless.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » May 29, 2013 11:56am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

Actually Shadowblade has been very popular competitively lately. I think people are starting to realise it goes beyond just being an assassin. A Shadowblade is a pseudo stealth buy, and it forces the enemy team to make a decision. They can let you go unchallenged being able to stealth around and have bonus damage, or they can burn gold on trying to counter a single item. Also a Dust is not always enough, 200 gold for sentries stack up, and 700 gold on a risky Gem is a big play (especially if you have a hero with invisibility on your own team).

Dagon is overly priced though and better items can be more easily acquired and have a bigger impact. There's only a few heroes that can really take advantage of Dagon and make it cost efficient, Tinker being one of the bigger contenders.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » May 29, 2013 4:33pm | Report
Hades4u wrote:

Dust only works when you are close to an enenmy upon use. . . Therefore Shadowblade is still valid.

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » May 29, 2013 8:27pm | Report
I find Shadowblade to be pretty weak. When you invest 3k gold into an item that is so easily countered, it slows down your farm a lot if you ARE actually countered. This is why I don't go Shadowblade on Kunkka anymore. Whenever my friends and I face a hero with SB or any invis heroes, we immediately buy a gem and push as 5. Here's a great example of my friends and I as a 4 stack, do very well in a tri lane and counter invis:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/201405806

We do SD/Tide/Alc short lane, and Tide hunter gets first item gem. Even before boots I believe. We constantly stick as 5 and push down towers. No invis hero was able to get near us, and the game ended up being completely one sided because their heroes that are designed to pick off stragglers, or initiate, could never fulfill their role.

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptCPC » June 2, 2013 6:23am | Report
frogger_29 wrote:

Well, Aghanim's Scepter can be a double-edged sword on Meepo since adding an extra Meepo clone does require more micromanagement.

Well actually the extra Meepo is hardly a liability. If you really don't want to/can't micro 5 different Meepoes at 3+ different locations you can just one or two in base for a potential escape and free fountain trips and if you can control 4 Meepoes globally and in teamfights you should be able to control 5 just fine (1.5 seconds is also plenty of time for a 5 Meepo Blink Poof). The extra nuke damage, net, and survivability are worth the 4200 gold.

I like the idea of 5 ninja Meepoes popping of literally nowhere. I still think Blink Dagger is less situational, but Lothar's sounds like a fun item on him since the Meepoes should be separated most of the time anyway.

CaptCPC

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » June 2, 2013 7:06am | Report

I find Shadowblade to be pretty weak. When you invest 3k gold into an item that is so easily countered, it slows down your farm a lot if you ARE actually countered. This is why I don't go Shadowblade on Kunkka anymore.

Shadow Blade on Kunkka is great. You're not even supposed to use the invis as a sneaking/escaping tool. Torrent, Ghost ship, walk up to them with invis, and BAM. Triple kill.

My point here is that it is a really good offensive item for Kunkka due to the extra 150 damage for 1 shot and the constant 30 damage increase alongside the neglected but still formidable 30 AS increase.

Shadow Blade is not that good compared to dagger on Meepo though. At least when based on the utility and mobility it gives relative to the cost.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » June 2, 2013 11:40am | Report
I'm pretty familiar with Kunkka. I've played quite a few games as him, and I think I can confidently say: You actually are supposed to use SB as an initiating item. Kunkka is 110% dependent on good positioning. With the SB 150 damage now being applied after crit is calculated, and not before, it's a lot of gold for a positioning tool, a small amount of damage, and an unreliable escape. This is why you see Sing almost exclusively going blink in his pubs with either battlefury or a late linkens after he gets crit. Allows you to X yourself, blink in, and hope for a crit, without putting yourself in much danger. SB is seeing a lot of play on Kunkka (Only really on one team...) in China/qualifiers because they play him more actively and start ganking faster. Again, for initiation/element of surprise. Basically you initiate by spamming that and hoping for crits, than unreliable torrent/boat combo. You can X/torrent/boat and deplete all of your mana, or you can just X, blink, kill 2 supports, and fight 5v3.

Back to Meepo: Gotta agree with you: Blink is too dynamic of an item... Can be used in multiple ways, especially for how cheap it is compared to SB. Blink 2 stronk on Meepo.

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved