Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

I'm just gonna leave this here...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » I'm just gonna leave this here... 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 15, 2015 12:46pm | Report
What I remember from being a dirty DP picker in the good old Void patch...

Centaur Warrunner ...DP can just Euls a hero when Stampede is cast, and then this guy can't get away while his team does, so you get a free kill. As long as Exorcism gets a few kills it's good enough, the cooldown is low because octarine now. Besides, it's not a huge deal if heroes can kite Exorcism, because towers won't.

Sven...kind of...but's a pretty soft counter if it's just Warcry. DP can kite pretty well in general, she has far more MS than Sven and she buys stuff like ghost, skadi or even linkens so it's fairly unlikely that Sven can just jump in and solo kill her in teamfights.

Probably the hardest counter I can think of is Omniknight, since he hard counters any kind of AOE physical damage, no matter what you do you can't purge 5 heroes.

Also... Blade Mail. This item is really a problem even if you have BKB, because she can't control her damage.

Rats can be a problem but IIRC she can just trade towers since she's pretty much the fastest pusher in the game. Generally you can't base race a DP. She can take the side and then TP to defend, so she can still trade favorably.

Faceless Void needs a rework by the way, so it's great if he gets one, right now he's just suffering from bad design. However Riki is fine as he is (pls stop buffing him, you don't want Riki to be OP, you don't want high MMR pubs getting stomped by rikis because that can really happen ; just give him an aghs or something to make "support" roaming riki playable). Lone Druid just needs a small buff, the hero concept is fine.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » December 15, 2015 1:05pm | Report
Reworks don't have to change the hero concept, it's just reworking skills like on BS.

I mean, I'd happily trade a kill for an Excorcism, because it's all about buying time for your team to get the items to fight or kite around the ulti. Part of what was gross about DP before was that taking towers was simply worth more money than farming the map. Now it's less so. Essentially the Centaur team will go aggresive into the enemy, force the ulti, then disengage. Which is a win, because there's still gonna be like a 60s window where you have all 5 up, and DP has no ulti. Forcing it out generally means that it won't be used to get a tower, since the duration is just meh

Sven wouldn't be about solo-killing her, it's about Warcry mitigating the ulti to the extent that it's like a Mek charge forced and nothing else. Late game, sure he can jump and burst her down, but that's the lesser part of it. It was a thing that started happening the later ends of the DP patch.

Even if the hero is as good as it used to be, pushing is a little worse (I imagine racks gold will get nerfed), so she won't be as silly. Plus, aggresive laning options and punishing stacks are known more now, so she won't have such an easy time

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 15, 2015 1:14pm | Report
I don't think Void needs rework, I think it's raidboss items that need watering down. These items and long cooldown on bubble(which is just a meta thingy, you can't rework half of the heroes every patch just cause they don't fit the meta) are literally the only things that keep him from being a great hero, only sightly weaker than his 6.80 self.

Actually, while I was writing this, if meta doesn't change at all and FV doesn't get reworked/buffed/etc, maybe I should try a MoM-Mael-Aghs Nagavoid who rats just as Naga, but instead of popping song and getting the **** out when ganked he pops the bubble and kills the defender/one of the defenders/pokes the tower for 5 seconds he has and jumps out/TPs in Chrono.

It actually seems hella legit on paper.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 15, 2015 1:23pm | Report
Void isn't even weak to raidboss items outside of Solar Crest. He doesn't care about glimmer because chrono disables invis, he doesn't care about lotus or linkens, etc. Actually his weakness is more raidboss supports like Dazzle or Wyvern, but they counter every hero in the game so it doesn't count.

Nah the real problem about Void is that he's a hero balanced and nerfed around combo lineups that work with Chronosphere, which incidentally makes him a *horrible* hero if you just want to pick a hard carry. It's chrono that needs a rework. Well maybe his passives as well.
Like, do you want Void to be a hard carry? Just reduce the damage done in chrono by any source not controlled by Void and buff back the cooldown on chrono to 110/100/90 or maybe even 85 seconds at max level. And then make his aghs remove this damage reduction.
His role right now is just wayy too ambiguous between hard carry (no longer viable) and combo machine (situationally viable). Just change him so that there's a clear build for each role : pure DPS and BKB for carry Void, and aghs for combo machine Void.
But that's just a quick fix. A more in-depth rework like I've seen people like Tera do would probably be better.

Split pushing/solo killing Void is legit as hell, I used to play like this all the time when I played Void in the Void patch. The only problem is going Aghs on a carry Void. Yuck.

BTW fair enough Sanvitch, Centaur is a pain in the *** for every hero anyways. Screw that ulti :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 15, 2015 1:51pm | Report
He kinda does care about cape early game when absolute most of his damage is magical with bashes and mael procs. Raidboss supports are just meta so they will fall out anyway(I hope) so it's not a problem in the next patch.

Also I don't agree that Void is all about Chrono. I never agreed with "Void is useless outside of Chrono" opinion because I think he really isn't now and especially he was not before when defensive support items(and support gold) weren't so buffed and popular. It's kinda hard kiting a permabashing hero with a blink that slows, Mjollnir shield and a 17% MS bonus otherwise. Now it's 50/50, but you can't cape, crest or decrepify towers so that's still some free seconds of bashing on your T3 in BKB.

And in fact, he doesn't even need to be that useful outside of Chrono because he can use it perfectly well to snowball with solokills, gain advantage and just go at enemy building with that advantage, like any other snowballing carry... if it wasn't for the fact he gets **** on with an enemy double hardlane first, then with 0 cd Fight Club boyz and raidboss items/supports after. But again, it;s just meta.

My point is that he is just out of meta now and doesn't need serious buffs to "bring him back", or else we will start the cycle of cancer heroes again.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » December 15, 2015 1:51pm | Report
IMO FV is not that bad, sure he isn't as strong as he use to be, since the cooldown in Chronosphere is really long and that makes you think about wether you should get an aghs or no. I think that his passives are fine, I mean, he has the best "evasion" in the game, and his "bash" is really powerfull, what I see about FV is that he doesn't fit with a lot of team compositions and Chronosphere can be a teamfight winning ultimate or a teamfight losing ultimate, I don't know how many times I have see a fight going bad because Void locked 3 or 4 of his teammates in the sphere and only 1 or 2 of the enemies.
I don't think Doom is going to get buffed, I mean he is really strong rigth now, a small nerf is more possible. Or maybe a nerf to Scorched Earth and a buff to lvl?

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » December 15, 2015 5:05pm | Report
So. RIP Void's backtrack (Skadi core now people). The new spell is... weird. Situational. But the Time Walk buffs, oh my lord. 6 second cooldown, restores HP. I think he may be equal as a hard carry, but better outside of Chronosphere due to being able to target switch much easier - and now you get Skadi for the slow.

I don't think Doom's new autocast is any good.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LooseLouie » December 15, 2015 5:08pm | Report
Well...
All five got taken out of cm.
I'm hype for Arc Warden though.

LooseLouie

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » December 16, 2015 2:01pm | Report
my god the doom rework. ministun heaven if you eat a golem
Mood of the Day

O_O

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved