Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

I'm just gonna leave this here...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » I'm just gonna leave this here... 19 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LooseLouie » December 14, 2015 3:22pm | Report
http://www.dota2.com/686

Doom
Faceless Void
Death Prophet
Lone Druid
Riki

LooseLouie

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » December 15, 2015 5:49am | Report
So they will all be changed?? stronger?? rebalanced?? reworked??

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 15, 2015 6:05am | Report
6.80 had Mirana in it's header art IIRC, and she remained unchanged. 6.84 had Enchantress and Chen depicted, neither of which became popular, 6.85 had QoP and Waifustealer - the former was pretty much untouched in all senses, and the later never got attention anyway.

So it's not saying anything exactly, Doom will surely be nerfed, but Riki is strong as is, so is VOid(it's just not his meta and Solar Crest, overbuffed Ghost Scepter and Imba Cape hurt him too much, but it's the problem about those items mainly).

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » December 15, 2015 6:14am | Report
6.82 was the last time where the shown heroes had a lot of reworks, it was like BS and PL on the front.

It's nothing perfect, but it's something else to dwell on whilst we wait

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 15, 2015 6:16am | Report
Weren't BS and PL reworked in 6.81? I am adamant that SF was remodeled in 6.82, it was even called "Rekindling Soul", I doubt there were any other big reworks in that patch.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » December 15, 2015 6:29am | Report
Nope, 6.81 was the TI4 patch.

6.82 was the introduction of the rubber band effect, and featured like 3 hero reworks.

http://www.dota2.com/rekindlingsoul/

It was called rekindling soul, but Valve put a tonne of stuff into it, including Bounty Runes and map reworks, and 3 hero reworks.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » December 15, 2015 7:28am | Report
https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/3wuv01/682_vs_686_patch_teaser/

it had the same kind of coming soon art that featured the reworked parts.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » December 15, 2015 11:13am | Report
I think they will buf void, he is not that amazing this patch but he is a dangerous hero to get a buff. Now he is just a little bit bad but if he gets a small buff he can easily become the most imba hero in the game because cronosphere is like the best ulti in the game.

They are probably going to give riki a buff where he is a better oflaner i guess.

Doom gets hopefully a nerf.

Death prophet suffers from the Bloodstone and the euls nerf but she is just like void and can get big with justa minor buff, like happend with gyro in 6.84

Lone druid always gets every patch a buff, the hero is fine but buffing him is great ofcourse.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 15, 2015 11:27am | Report
The Frosto wrote:

Death prophet suffers from the Bloodstone and the euls nerf but she is just like void and can get big with justa minor buff, like happend with gyro in 6.84

Death Prophet is actually legit as hell in this patch (even was in the previous patch). She's literally as strong right now as she was in the Void patch if you exclude the glyph changes. All the nerfs to her ult cooldown were completely reverted by the introduction of Octarine Core and the buffs to her ult at early levels.

I think the main reason why DP is not that successful (at least in pubs, and by pubs I mean even 5K-6K pubs) is because people don't know how to build her.

Bloodstone on DP is *absolute trash* and should never be bought (it always was BTW, it's not like a meta change, was like this 5 patches ago already). She doesn't benefit from this item in any way, DP isn't Storm or Lesh so she doesn't need that kind of mana regen, the respawn time reduction does literally nothing on the hero since her ult has a super high cooldown anyways and respawning with ult on cooldown does nothing, and the item gives absolutely zilch over the Soul Booster which is an amazing DP item on the other hand.

Another huge fail I see is the typical Phase Boots into Eul's Scepter of Divinity rush DP which is also a horribly bad build because it's 4K gold worth of items that give no survivability, and this kind of DP gets bursted down easily. Euls DP is great, but not as a first item, because sitting at 700 HP on a hero like DP just makes you food. By the way DP doesn't care about the euls nerfs because she's all about casting euls on *herself*, she has the mana pool to support the item, and only casting euls on enemies got nerfed.

I think the best build right now is to go Soul Booster first item, and then buy either Ghost Scepter if facing physical damage, Eul's Scepter of Divinity because it's always good, or Glimmer Cape/ Pipe of Insight/ Black King Bar if facing magical damage...and finishing Octarine Core ASAP. That's only about 8K-9K gold of items and that's literally all the hero ever needs : octarine for survivability and ult/silence cooldown, plus one item to keep her alive. Literally a similar build to 6.84 Leshrac except no Bloodstone.

No seriously, if DP gets buffed without reason, she can be the new Lesh. This kind of ability to farm for like 10-15 min maximum with the best laning stage ever and then just wreck the game is insane. Also, as far as I remember, DP is first pick material because she has no real counters, in a patch where the hero is strong, she's just good against everything.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » December 15, 2015 12:11pm | Report
She has soft counters, but no definitive hard counters. Like, Sven and Centaur Warrunner are good heroes to help get through the ulti. Rat's are okay against her, and aggresive laners can shut her down a little.

The rework is more likely to be something to make Witchcraft an active instead of a passive that strictly makes other spells better. Which may be a really good thin since it lets you get early points in the silence. And her silence is really good.

Like the previews are implying reworks, not strict buffs. So probably reworks to Backstab, Synergy, Time-lock/Backtrack, and probably LV? Death

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved