Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help with Jugg builds

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Help with Jugg builds 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bl1tzKri3eg » February 16, 2016 8:56am | Report
Im trying to pick up Juggernaut lately, and this hero seems to have extremely flexible item/skill builds. Mainly I'd like to know -

1) How much to level his q - I almost always max Blade Fury first; the damage along with lower cd and mana cost is too good, but I've seen some pros leave it at level 1. I suppose that is for an afk farming build?

2) Getting stats vs crit (and/or ward) - tbh I dont exactly understand this. If I'm facing a hard lane as Juggernaut, should I ignore crit until later and focus on stats+ Healing Ward? On the other hand, if I am getting free farm, is stats+ Blade Dance the way to go?

3) Items - I've seen a lot of things on this guy - some people also build Power Treads on him, I suppose thats mostly for farming, while Phase+Aquila+Drums (rarely, but sometimes MoM too) seems like an early fighting build. Is Battlefury the first item of choice on him? When should I prioritize smaller items like Yasha, Mask of Madness, or Drums of Endurance ?

Thanks in advance.

Bl1tzKri3eg

Steam: BliTzKri3g
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » February 16, 2016 9:33am | Report
I don't know a lot but Mask of Madness is sometimes a lot better on Juggernaut than Battlefury. I mean Battlefury only lets you farm faster and gives sustain while MoM helps with farming, fighting when not being attacked an it boosts your ult damage.
Hopefully someone is able to explain it in a better way to you.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Lofy » February 16, 2016 10:54am | Report
Dunno since the latest Changes to MoM i don't build MoM on Juggernaut anymore. And go to the good old Battlefurry Manta often blink dagger build. With maybe a skadi mkb abysal and most of the time butterfly later. on.

Bladefurry this depends on:
U have a maiden or a Shaman as sup. U better max it for easy kills in Lane.
Else you go level 1 Bladefury. than healing ward if lane is ****ed up. Lvl 1 is often enough. Else you better go stats + crit.

I almost never get power treads since i like movement speed. And i think with his crits this even speeds up ur farming more.

Lofy

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » February 16, 2016 11:20am | Report
I don´t like Power Treads in Juggernaut since I find he doesn't need the AS and Phase Boots gives you dmg and it allows you to increase your MS during Blade Fury (if you activate Phase Boots during Blade Fury you get the increased MS). I also like to build Sange and Yasha, Skull Basher and Eye of Skadi. Juggernaut is a flexible hero, so I have build a lot of different items Diffusal Blade, Manta Style, Monkey King Bar and even Shadow Blade. I like Satanic a lot and is one of my most common items as a 5 or 6 slot item. I don't know if this is a good idea, but if the enemy team has a lot of CC I like to build a Black King Bar even when Blade Fury gives magic inmunity (maybe that's why I'm a low lvl player yet).
I like to see replays made by pro players, but not always what works for them is going to work for you, since they are pros for a reason :-)

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » February 16, 2016 12:06pm | Report
A juggernaut build needs to be made in the game itself not before it.

If you think you will be active early max Blade Fury and get a Drum of Endurance if you are going against a not to nuke heavy build get a Mask of Madness if you want to farm or you are against an illusion hero get a battlefury. Black King Bar is often an item you will have to pick up, Sange and Yasha is good if you bought the Yasha and they have no purgeable spells like silences. Diffusal Blade is often needed against an Omniknight and or a Medusa. Mostly if you are in the midgame you will have to choose between raw damage, hp or attackspeed. A good build to go if you want alot of Omnislash damage is Mask of Madness, Maelstrom/mjolnir, Monkey King Bar/abysall blade.

Butterfly is an amazing item on Juggernaut and if you see nobody in the enemy team getting a Monkey King Bar just get double Butterfly.

Aghanim's Scepter isn't my favourite item on jug but it is good if you play a midlane juggernaut.

You can build Juggernaut how you like him the most. Like there is No build on him just mix some items you like and play Juggernaut

The build I do in 6.86 is mostly Boots of Travel, battlefury, Sange and Yasha/ Manta Style, Eye of Skadi with situational mjolnir, abysall blade, Monkey King Bar and Butterfly. If I'm having troubles in lane or I want an early juggernaut I will get a Drum of Endurance and than do the build described above.

As skillbuild there are in my eyes 2 good builds the fight build and the farm build being:
fight: 1-3-1-1-2-ult-1-2-stats Probably getting 3-5 stats levels before maxing out Healing Ward and taking ult whenever possible.

farm: 1-3-2-stats-stats-ult.stats and ult whenever possible maxing Healing Ward before the rest of crit. When I start fighting I will start leveling the crit so that is around level 17.

I guess as starting items getting an Enchanted Mango is super good. and as early game items you will have to see what build you go. Every carry item is good on jugg except Daedalus!!
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 16, 2016 2:56pm | Report
There's no set item build on Jugg. Item-wise he's very versatile. Phase is almost always better than treads, but other than that, anything that gives movement speed is good, damage items are good, skadi is good, and blink/shadowblade are good as well situationally. Just don't go battlefury in every game because it can really ruin games. The only real benefit from battlefury is the mana regen but you can buy Soul Ring to get the same mana regen, so Jugger doesn't need it except to split push, which is of course very situational.

In terms of skill build however, there are much fewer alternatives. Every decent skill build puts one early point in Blade Dance and leaves it there, because it's a value point. It's always better to put points in stats than skilling crit past lvl 1, just do the math, even in terms of damage output it's comparable, and stats give you more HP and precious mana pool.

Also, generally you put two points in Healing Ward and leave it there.

So there are two main options.

- Either you max Blade Fury first. If your Q can net you early kills, it's great to max it in lane. So you go something like 4/2/1/1 + stats

- Or you put one value point in Blade Fury and leave it there. Generally it's the best build in a passive lane where you're just freefarming and/or you feel like you can't kill the offlaner anyways (heroes with escape skills typically). You go something like 1/2/1/1 + stats

My main point is, Blade Dance is a 1-value point and Healing Ward is a 2-value point. No need to put more points in these skills, take stats instead. While Blade Fury can be used either as a value point or as a skill to max.

Skilling stats early is always good on Jugg because his Omnislash into Blade Fury combo uses up a lot of mana. So having mana for both skills is better than actually leveling up his skills.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » February 16, 2016 4:56pm | Report
I agree with Hamster, I tend to put 1 or 2 points in stats early game, since Jugg has a lot of mana issues and those points gives you a little more mana and of course a little more HP. I just have a question: When is a good time to max Blade Dance? I tend to max Blade Dance after I get lvl 11, but I don't know if I should wait a little longer or is just fine that way.

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » February 16, 2016 5:16pm | Report
What I like doing is getting Battle Fury into Mask of Madness into Black King Bar and/or Aghanim's Scepter. The faster these items come, the better. They make you a problem that you opponents have to deal with.

I think it's the best build if the enemy team doesn't have BKB-Peircing Spells. Especially Single-target ones like Demonic Purge, Laguna Blade, and Primal Roar. Against lineups like those, Mask of Madness will work against you. Otherwise, it probably gives you.....the most. The build gives a powerful Omnislash, a ferocious rightclick, and... a BKB so you can actually use those things.

As far as Skills go, there isn't really a build set in stone for that either, although you can make some generalizations in that all of his skills are really strong at one point. So, 1/1/1/1 at 6 and stats is a really strong build. Alternatively the other common build is 4/1/1/1 at 7. The first build is better for farming, while more levels in spin is more useful for fighting.

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » February 16, 2016 5:30pm | Report
I love playing Jugg Antimage style: BFury, Manta, Abyssal.

idk if that's right tho

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » February 16, 2016 6:19pm | Report
apaz wrote:

What I like doing is getting Battle Fury into Mask of Madness into Black King Bar and/or Aghanim's Scepter. The faster these items come, the better. They make you a problem that you opponents have to deal with.

Surely those first two items should be the other way around right...? Like MoM is a farm accelerator that's cheaper than BF. Getting it first is logical, because you then farm faster after you've gotten it, so you get a faster overall BF+MoM.

OT; There's no set build, you build entirely the game in question. 1-1-1-1 stats is good for AFK farming games, into like BF/stats. 4-1-1-1 with cheap fighting items like Drum is good for aggresive games. But you can go any which way about it, even glass cannon can work.

Generally though, move speed and stats are super good on the hero. You want to be able to get up close and right click, since you have the best crit in the game. You get a lot of value from stats as a result.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved