Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Fishy man offlane - call for help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Fishy man offlane - call for help 24 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » January 29, 2016 1:07pm | Report
So Aether Lens if I'm feeling funky eheh

What would be good starting items, then? Stout Shield, Tango, a couple of Enchanted Mangos, Quelling Blade?

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 29, 2016 1:08pm | Report
Never get Quelling Blade first when you go offlane. You don't have the certainty that you'll ever get close to creeps to even use it. Imo, Stout Shield, Tango, Healing Salve, Enchanted Mango and an Iron Branch should do it. Or a Faerie Fire instead of Iron Branch.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » January 29, 2016 1:49pm | Report
The idea with offlane Slardar is that he is not your main carry, he compliments your other carry that deals a lot of physical damage. So, you don't need to build carry items. Instead, you can be tanky, bounce around in fights throwing stuns and Amplify Damages, and help your team win fights that way.

Thus, you want [Blink Dagger]] and Force Staff as soon as possible. No specific timing, just ASAP. The best way to make money as Slardar is to be agressive, ganking and pushing towers. After that, BKB, Heart, or AC. It helps if your main carry buds a Medallion of Courage and/or a Desolator. I recommend following the new Slasher's Way Phantom Assassin, with the addition of the medallion after BF. The combo is insane.

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » January 29, 2016 2:28pm | Report
apaz wrote:

The idea with offlane Slardar is that he is not your main carry, he compliments your other carry that deals a lot of physical damage. So, you don't need to build carry items. Instead, you can be tanky, bounce around in fights throwing stuns and Amplify Damages, and help your team win fights that way.

That's exactly my favourite role after support, the help for another carry. Hence the choice of hero, and I'm really enthusiastic, let's see if I can make it work :D

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » January 29, 2016 3:00pm | Report
I still think starting item should be tangoes and an Iron Talon is a really good set of starting items on a lot of offlaners.

You have access to an offlane camp now when your wave pushes out. Iron Talon let's basically any melee farm it without being too inefficient.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » January 30, 2016 3:20am | Report
Iron Talon shouldn't be rushed right at the start of the game. At least not on Slardar. You would only have one set of Tango and you would be really prone to being harassed out of the lane. It is pretty good to get some additional farm but getting it straight away seems a tad greedy to me.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » February 1, 2016 11:01pm | Report
Hi ChiChi!

ok so offlane slardar is a smelly fish but one that can be slippery to deal with.

im going to assume solo offlane for most part with some small deviation into dual offlane.

slardar is tough to offlane with because he is dealt with quite simply.

zoning. vision. ranged.

if your against a trilane with 3 ranged your going to ahve a bad time, even a dual ranged is going to bully u out a bit. the best way to deal with this is three steps.

1. control you lane.

block the pull camp this is crucial unless the carry player is 5k + they wont be able to control the equilibrium as well as they should so it will eventually push to wards you if they cant pull. do not block YOUR pull camp the hard one. this is another way to control ur lane. use it. aggro creeps as much as possible and drag them back the further back they come the better it is. if the supports have to take creep aggro for zoning you you have the wave where u want it.

2.Vision

have some form of vision for support rotations, even if that means positioning yourself closer to the look through points or even blocking with a sentry and getting an obs for the transition areas. if you can see them coming you can use that to *** with them.

3. Ranged

regen. out regen them honestly if ur up against a great trilane that is going to bully you out the only way to deal with this is either give up on the lane and jungle or bully them back. all you need is lvl 2 for you to fight into 2 supports. crush is going to destroy squishy supports but getting close is the problem use the trees to lure them close and crush hit for as long as poss make them use up their regen and once they do you have a free lane for maybe 4 waves. which is lvl 4 and ur now rolling into them.

Smuggs number 1 tip for winning an offlane as slardar.

Rotations

seriously level 3 on slardar and a rotation from any support and you have kills. people expect slardar to be that solo offlaner that just sits in lane until lvl 7 pls dont be like those people. slardar is so strong pre 6 against most supports and carries. get a AA or a Dazzle to rotate down and the kills both win your lane and helps your supports get some extra cash. ask for the rotation at the 4-5 minute mark when they should be re doing wards or ganking mid.

ITEMS

mango salve ring tangoes or shield salve tangoes clarity faire or MANGO MANGO MANGO MANGO MANGO (patented build fam pls no stealerino)

go for tranquils> soul> iron talon> blink> forcestaff> bkb> lotus orb> BoT;s then who knows.

helpful hints and tips.

buy smoke at level 6 and ask for a rotation down or you yourself rotate mid.

crush wins lanes fam!

GLHF chichi

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » February 2, 2016 3:37am | Report
Thanks Smuggels, that was very useful! I have a doubt: How do I do for vision if I don't have any support giving me wards, do I buy them myself (even if that affects my already not high gold income)? And as for blocking the pull camp, what if no one comes to help me do it when the game begins and I can't on my own because they will easily kill me if I do?

I had my first game: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2119258942

I was against a trilane with Luna, Omniknight and Disruptor. Never felt so choked ahah these cancerous *****es kept going for me, including when I was farming the offlane camp. I didn't die once and managed to get some xp and farm the boots, wand and talon and get like 1000 gold for the Blink Dagger, then my team was splitted around the map and things started getting awry. It was a stomp against a very good 4 stack with my team refusing to collaborate (think "let's smoke and help the support ward", "no" xD), so not a very good start I guess, but I still felt I wasn't that bad and what I want to ask specifically is: Am I right in thinking that with this kind of trilane I shouldn't risk trading with supports? I felt they had very high kill potential, because Omni in front, if I wanted to stun, used his Purification, Disruptor glimpsed me and Luna... well, lunar blessed me ahah so I had to really stay back most of the times. How should I have behaved differently?

Credits to Janitsu!

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » February 2, 2016 10:16pm | Report
ill watch it now chichi and make a video for you fam :D glhf

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » February 3, 2016 3:07am | Report
Ohhh thanks! :D Hammer me at will!

Credits to Janitsu!

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved