Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Decisions, decisions...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Decisions, decisions... 17 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Which Hero should I make a Guide for?
Who Picks The Dragon Knight?
From Blackest Night I Come! (Nightstalker)
Don't Turn Your {Bristle}back!
Expurgation (Leshrac)
Something else?
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 28, 2014 11:12am | Report
Well, it's about time I made a guide, but since I'm always playing different Heroes and different Roles, I haven't focused on 1 Hero alone for a while. There's just too many Heroes I can't play effectively yet. So Imma just narrow them down the ones I can play effectively, and leave it up to a vote. My fate is in...your hands. T-T

First of all, my favourite type of Hero is a "Tanky Arsehole". Basically, a Hero who can take a pounding, but still go in and get Kills, even 1 vs 2 if you play them well enough. They should also inspire raw, seething hate from my enemies...because I love it 8{3

Also, there's no point making a guide when there's already one that's comprehensive and up-to-date, so I'll only make guides for Heroes where there's no competition. 8{3

That leads me to 3 Heroes...

Dragon Knight:- A great Hero at all stages of the game, who can be built with many different Items to suit the Situation. He can lane against almost anything 1 vs 1, and can either Gank and Push early, or focus on Farming and Pushing his own Lane. He's a beast in the Mid-Game, and given enough Farm, can put out good Damage Late-Game as well.

Bristleback:- Love this Hero, simply for the fact you can eat 2 or 3 Ultis, live and have your Team clean up the n00bs that wasted their arsenal trying to bring you down. <}3

Night Stalker:- The only thing I don't like about this Hero is his reliance on having a Team that follows up after him, but I've had plenty of great games with him (in 1, I got a 17 minute Heart of Tarrasque- just because I could- baited out a 5-man Gank, killed the Rubick, then ran off with more than half my total HP 8{D ).

...and then there's...

Leshrac:- He doesn't come under the 1st rule, but as my most played Hero so far, I really hate the lack of a build that emphasises Lightning Storm, granted, it's Situational to level it first, but that goes for the other 2 skills as well. Also, Bloodstone?!!! -_-

Feel free to suggest others, it doesn't necessarily have to be a Hero guide, but I'll only do it if I'm confident in my skill and experience with it, and only if there aren't any good guides on it already. I want my guides to be the Highest UP-Voted. 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 28, 2014 11:26am | Report
Dragon Knight

there are no good solo mid DK guides. most focus on a dual lane setup with item like armlet which i dont really like. (BKB golden invulnerable golden dragon FTW)

and a lot get ****ty dominator on hum to farm ancients, and waste 2000 gold on lifesteal/armor/regen which you dont need, while you could and SHOULD be farming towers.

if you are one of those DK's then make a lesh guide :P

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » April 28, 2014 11:31am | Report
lol Xyrus, the way you said "Also, Bloodstone???!!!?!!!???" (okay, not that long) makes me want you to make a Leshrac guide. Considering I cannot use it and no Leshrac guide seems to be "neat" for me, I hope you'll make a good one! So yeah, Leshrac from me. Or..... you can always make Bloodseeker's guide :p
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 28, 2014 11:42am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Dragon Knight

there are no good solo mid DK guides. most focus on a dual lane setup with item like armlet which i dont really like. (BKB golden invulnerable golden dragon FTW)

and a lot get ****ty dominator on hum to farm ancients, and waste 2000 gold on lifesteal/armor/regen which you dont need, while you could and SHOULD be farming towers.

Yeah, this is pretty much why DK is the first on the list, Armlet of Mordiggian is okay, there are just better options, e.g. Maelstrom for Damamge and Attack Speed, Black King Bar for survivability, etc.
Timminatorr wrote:

if you are one of those DK's then make a lesh guide :P

You want me to make a Guide for a Tower Farming Hero if I don't know a Tower Farming Hero when i see one? D{8
Yzreel wrote:

lol Xyrus, the way you said "Also, Bloodstone???!!!?!!!???" (okay, not that long) makes me want you to make a Leshrac guide. Considering I cannot use it and no Leshrac guide seems to be "neat" for me, I hope you'll make a good one! So yeah, Leshrac from me.

Yeah, I really hate Bloodstone on Supports
Yzreel wrote:

Or..... you can always make Bloodseeker's guide :p

Anyone who votes for this is Riported! -_-

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 28, 2014 11:51am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Yeah, this is pretty much why DK is the first on the list, Armlet of Mordiggian is okay, there are just better options, e.g. Maelstrom for Damamge and Attack Speed, Black King Bar for survivability, etc. BKB ftw

You want me to make a Guide for a Tower Farming Hero if I don't know a Tower Farming Hero when i see one? D{8 you said you liked lightning build right?

Yeah, I really hate Bloodstone on Supports carry lesh FTW! agree with not getting it on supports though.

Anyone who votes for this is Riported! -_- fek bloodcyka

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » April 28, 2014 12:23pm | Report
Dk or Lesh, definitely. I love Dragon Knight sooo much
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » April 28, 2014 12:51pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Dragon Knight

there are no good solo mid DK guides.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 28, 2014 1:06pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

you said you liked lightning build right?

I also go Split Earth- Diabolic Edict 1st if needed, I just hate the lack of a 4-1-4 Tri-Lane vs Tri-Lane build.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/579184593/builds

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 28, 2014 1:13pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

I also go Split Earth- Diabolic Edict 1st if needed, I just hate the lack of a 4-1-4 Tri-Lane vs Tri-Lane build.

isnt lvl 9 a bit high for a trilane hero in the laning stage? :P

i agree with going for split earth lightning build in tri vs tri support, but i think not many guides focus on trilane scenarios let alone tri vs tri.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » April 28, 2014 1:18pm | Report
I'll go for Night Stalker because he is one the best listed here. Also getting DPS items since he can transition in to a carry and can beat any of these solo 1 vs 1.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved