Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best Rapier Carriers

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Best Rapier Carriers 21 posts - page 1 of 3

Poll Question:

Who is the best Divine Rapier carrier?
Medusa
Ember Spirit
Kunkka
Wraith King
Gyrocopter
Weaver
Other
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeveNthSense » March 12, 2015 7:41pm | Report
Come late game, which heroes can capitalize most on a Divine Rapier?

My Top 3
1. Medusa: Split shot is ridiculous with rapier. Her ability for spread damage is really high and her tankability is super good too. I put her as one because of her damage potential as well as tank potential so she can survive with it as well.

2. Ember Spirit: It was hard to decide the order of the top three for me-Ember Spirit I would say has the greatest damage potential with a rapier. If you get Divine Rapier, Battle Fury, and Daedulus and add in Sleight of Fist his damage in team fights is ridiculous. Think about it: not only are you hitting each hero AND creep for 400+ damage(less for the creeps) but they also get hit with the cleave from units standing near them. Add that with a 25% chance to crit, you are basically guaranteed a crit on someone that will splash even MORE to units near them. Its just ridiculous. The only reason he is number two is that he is squishy. You can argue that he can get away with Fire Remnant but silences will kill him more than Dusa and if he is the one who gets caught out and chain stunned then he dieswhile Dusa still has a chance to live or at least stall until teammates get there. Also Sleight of Fist has a CD

3. Kunkka: I would say that his damage potential rivals Dusa but its not on par with Ember. With X, Blink Dagger and boat, he is also very hard to kill. The only thing is that Tidebringer has a cooldown while split shot does not. He and Ember are kind of tied for me, Kunkka can survive longer but Ember has more damage. Both do well when they can initiate the fight or are defending high ground and both get rekt if they're getting ganked without a way out (i/e: if Kunkka isn't X'd or Ember doesn't have a remnant)

SeveNthSense

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 12, 2015 8:47pm | Report
Kunkka has way more damage with Divine Rapier than Ember Spirit because Tidebringer ignores armor values, he's not dependant on enemies being grouped up unlkie Ember Spirit, and he can take key enemy hero without much effort with Blink Dagger into [{Abyssal Blade]], quickly hit thaty hero to death and get away with [{X Marks the Spot]]. He's also harder to kill than Ember Spirit - both with an escape ready and without it. He can also try more often - his biggest cooldown is 12 on Blink Dagger/28 on Shadow Blade while Fire Remnant has a 35 second cooldown.

So he is a better Divine Rapier carrier. He is arguably even better than Medusa because he can't be splitpushed easily with X Marks the Spot, he is much harder to stop from slaying your whole team because he deals instant burst of damage, unlike Medusa. And as I mentioned, he can initiate onto enemy carry, while Medusa can't.

Wraith King doesn't need Divine Rapier 95% of the time, he has naturally very high damage output. He would be better off with more disables( Abyssal Blade and/or Scythe of Vyse), Sange and Yasha or Refresher Orb. You can get it tho if you are losing or you want to go full yoloyolt.

Gyrocopter is too easy to kill and has no escapes to consider him a good Divine Rapier carrier, unless he's very fed.

Weaver is also easy to bring down if you focus him, and you will since he is squishy as hell and had a Divine. Can work against no-stun doto but he would have rekt without it against such lineups.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » March 12, 2015 9:27pm | Report
Medusa is far and beyond the best Divine Rapier holder. Her Mana Shield makes her extremely difficult to deal with, combined with Eye of Skadi and Linken's Sphere giving her about 2.5k Health. That and her inherent massive amount of armour, gives her an effective health pool of around 4-5k.

She's a monster.

Ember Spirit and Gyrocopter another two good carriers, but a ways behind Medusa.

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » March 12, 2015 10:03pm | Report
Medusa, Kunkka, Ember Spirit.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ashwinthegrim » March 12, 2015 11:27pm | Report
Tier 1:
Medusa (Split shot targets multiple units, and Stone Gaze can help to avoid losing it)

Tier 2:
Kunkka, Ember Spirit, Luna, Gyrocopter (All of them have a way to target multiple units to make maximum use of the + damage)

Tier 3:
Any decent carry when properly fed, including Phantom Assassin, Wraith King, Weaver, Troll Warlord, Sniper, etc.

ashwinthegrim

Notable (7)
Steam: Grim
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » March 13, 2015 12:54am | Report
Oh man I love the divine Wraith King. Those triple rampages are just too good to pass up.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » March 13, 2015 2:11am | Report
Kunkka is number 1, slippery foe, makes good use of his massive cleave, it comes at the cost of him being kind of weak without it.

Ember is 2nd. Doesn't need it, but is extremely deadly with it due to slight of fisting.

Medusa 3rd, it plays to her potential damage in AOEs and tankability. Mobility works best with the item in case things go poorly, but still powerful in many cases.

Can win you the game outright if your team is a bit ahead (Ranged pusher heroes, preferably with AOE damage): Dragon Knight, Weaver, Gyrocopter, Luna, Drow Ranger, Sniper, QoP (So I'm told, this one I don't really agree with).

Wraith King: Seems good in theory, but make sure you have the mobility to use it against your enemies.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » March 13, 2015 2:41am | Report
To be honest I'm way more scared to play against a multiple rapier Ember Spirit than a multiple rapier Kunkka I think we can control a bit more who exactly will receive the damages, and it's pretty strategic. But Medusa is by far in my opinion the best rapier carrier. She becomes tanky man, so this can be an other readon why she's the best. What count the most is how will the hero use the item, then there is the survivability cause obviously is pretty damn important! Medusa all the way, following Ember Spirit and Kunkka :D
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » March 13, 2015 3:01am | Report
yea but imagine it on heroes that dont buy it...

axe with rapier late game and his usual items...

me no likey...

PA with rapier?

me scared....

DAZZLE WITH RAPIER ....

RUNNNNNN FOR YOURRR LIVESSSSSS!!!!!

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » March 13, 2015 3:10am | Report
Dazzle be like, " your crits don't hurt when i have 60++ armor *****. but mine? that's a completely different story ain't it >:{D"

ALL HAIL REFRESHER DAZZLE

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved