Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Alliance vs Liquid Game 3 (Frankfurt qualifiers lower bracket)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Alliance vs Liquid Game 3 (Frankfurt qualifiers lower bracket) 38 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ginsing » October 14, 2015 11:53am | Report
I think Radiance and Octarine Core is a solid build on heroes that, like alchemist, are extremely tanky, but don't have a way to lock people down instantly. I build it often on Bristleback if I get a really good start.

No one seems to have mentioned the lifesteal component on octarine core. In addition to making his ultimate 100% uptime. It gives alch even more durability thru healing

Optimal scenario:
5 enemies in
30 Acid Spray
50 radiance effect
80 dmg/s x5 at 25% healing is 100 hps per sec (as much healing as his lvl 3 ult)

In addition to the 17% miss chance and -7 armor. Even if you are being kited or locked down thru stuns, you are doing 80 damage a second and healing for up to 200hps a second. This is a big impact.

**sidenote**
How do I make the icon use the hero bristleback instead of the skill of bristleback.
Ginsing
DotaBuff

Ginsing

Steam: Ginsing
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caine1232 » October 14, 2015 1:06pm | Report
Ginsing wrote:

**sidenote**
How do I make the icon use the hero bristleback instead of the skill of bristleback.

Use Rigwarl in the double brackets instead of bristleback.

caine1232

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » October 14, 2015 4:27pm | Report
Ginsing wrote:

No one seems to have mentioned the lifesteal component on octarine core. In addition to making his ultimate 100% uptime. It gives alch even more durability thru healing

By itself it's insignificant and it's definitely not the selling point of the item.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » October 14, 2015 10:55pm | Report
Nubtrain wrote:

By itself it's insignificant and it's definitely not the selling point of the item.

What is the selling point then?

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » October 15, 2015 12:07am | Report
lowered cooldowns on a majority of the skills. 100% uptime for ult which is stupid since alche's weaknesses includes the cooldown. catch him without ult and he is a lot easier to kill. the lowered cooldown on manta syle. the tankiness of his illusions. the overall hp and mana pool increase.

the spell lifesteal is great but its like the bacon in a BLT yea its great but the bread and lettuce and tomato that make it a BLT. its not a blt with out everything!

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ginsing » October 15, 2015 7:40am | Report
Nubtrain wrote:

I don't know about insignificant, In a team fight it could provide approx as much healing as his lvl 3 ult 100 hp per sec is no joke. Especially at the timings Alch can get it. Even at 40 mins, 200hp per sec total is hard to overcome.

The bacon is the best part :)
If I gave you a BLT without lettuce you would still like it. Without tomato it would still be damn good. But cmon without the bacon it would just be an LT; vegetarians make Ron Swanson angry!
I suggest you take it in the other direction and make it a BLTC(heese) you won't regret it!

And thanks for the tip on Bristleback. Old school name huh :)and I am just getting out of the habit of calling them "Mercurial" and "Slithice"
Ginsing
DotaBuff

Ginsing

Steam: Ginsing
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » October 15, 2015 5:31pm | Report

What is the selling point then?

The selling point is the cooldown reduction on all your spells and items, if it was just spell lifesteal (including the stat boost by itself) then the price would have to drop to something like 4-4.5k to get players to buy it.

Ginsing wrote:

I don't know about insignificant, In a team fight it could provide approx as much healing as his lvl 3 ult 100 hp per sec is no joke. Especially at the timings Alch can get it. Even at 40 mins, 200hp per sec total is hard to overcome.

I guess it's not insignificant for Alchemist or any Radiance carrier , I was thinking along the lines of other heroes too. Spell lifesteal is a nice addition but if it was just the spell lifesteal then I don't think anyone at at the pro scene or high level would buy the item without having its cost go down since the cooldown reduction makes a bigger impact IMO. 5700g is insanely expensive for just spell lifesteal and this is just talk about Alchemist, I don't think anyone aside from radiance carriers will also benefit from spell lifesteal alone. That's why I think cooldown reduction is talked a lot more over spell lifesteal.

Also, bacon is the best part of anything :D!

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » October 15, 2015 5:56pm | Report

let me first preface this^ with some things.

1. first game of the day and wasnt really into it * hashtag#rustyas**** *
2. i was playing with some 2k-3k players so it wasnt exactly very high skill so i can only attest to some aspects of this.
3. i died twice early game. TWICE before 11 minutes.
4. i got 2 bounty runes in 12 minutes... yea i got the first one and the 8 minute one. thats it.
5. i stacked one camp.... one. yup one camp in the first 10 minutes.
6. i had abyssmal last hitting and i didnt deny once the whole game.
7. i would miss two full waves of creeps every 3 minutes.
8. it was 5-5 at 11 minutes. so it wasnt like things were going super well in other lanes.

when did i get radiance?

10:48 ...

yea i got radiance bottle boots at 10:48...

this build is definitely broken atm.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved