Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Alliance vs Liquid Game 3 (Frankfurt qualifiers lower bracket)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Alliance vs Liquid Game 3 (Frankfurt qualifiers lower bracket) 38 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ashwinthegrim » October 12, 2015 10:58am | Report
If you guys haven't seen this game, you've missed out on a hilarious game.

Go watch the twitch vod, find NoobFromUA and ask him to upload it, tell bububu to ask Bulldog to upload it to his channel, do whatever you need to do to watch the game.

Holy ****, bulldog is a player..

ashwinthegrim

Notable (7)
Steam: Grim
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » October 13, 2015 5:03am | Report
https://twitter.com/LiquidJerAx/status/653631986561589248

Literally defense of the ancients.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ashwinthegrim » October 13, 2015 1:14pm | Report
Guys guys guys.....

Alliance vs NiP Game 2 (lower bracket finals or w/e that is)... Watch it!!!

ashwinthegrim

Notable (7)
Steam: Grim
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » October 13, 2015 1:24pm | Report
Alliance is back Pogchamp

But no seriously, watch it. It was actually amazing to witness.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by fromage_enrage » October 13, 2015 1:37pm | Report

Guys guys guys.....

Alliance vs NiP Game 2 (lower bracket finals or w/e that is)... Watch it!!!

Wow, what a match. Won't spoil anything, but my mind got ****ed really hard.
Somebody knows where I can re-watch it in full or download it please ? :)

fromage_enrage

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » October 13, 2015 1:44pm | Report
I imagine VOD's of the whole qualifiers will be up in a few days on the BTS and Dreamleague Youtubes. (Assuming Dreamleague has one)

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » October 13, 2015 1:45pm | Report
People are still not done yet with this pubtrash Alchemist manta/radiance/octarine build? Akke was pretty much carrying his team on Witch Doctor while LodA had zero impact. I hope people soon realize that octarine on Alch is about as good as battlefury on crystal maiden...
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » October 13, 2015 1:58pm | Report
I mean... It gives the hero 2.5s downtime on his Manta Style illusions. On a hero with an innate gold gaining ability. As well as like what 10s downtime on Rage?

When you build a line-up around your Alch, farming that fast is actually important, because you want to be giving the Ag's to other heroes at a good timing. It's kinda the point of the hero in a competitive scene.

Like you say that Akke carried the team with Death Ward - True; The only reason he did that was a) Limmp blew Dream Coil a little early, and the fact that Loda actually gave him the ag's. Because other Akke never gets the Death Wards off because he only has a BKB or an Ag's, not both.

At the very least, the Manta Style and Radiance part of the build seems set in stone, since it's been doing really well over the qualifiers.

EDIT; Also hilariously enough, Loda actually said he played pretty poorly that game on Twitter.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » October 13, 2015 2:32pm | Report
When you build a mid-game carry that peaks between 15 and 35 minutes with a farm advantage (and drops off pretty hard afterwards) to AFK farm and drag to the late game, you are just not playing this game well. No other way to say it.

Besides octarine does really nothing on the hero. Only thing it does is allow you to spam manta even more and AFK farm even more, that's it. No fighting ability, zero damage, delays his AC meaning that he sits at 5 armor for the whole game, etc.

You have pretty much a mid-game hero who 35 minutes in has 3 farming items in his inventory, and has no fighting potential whatsoever. By the time when the hero should be at the peak of his fighting power, and using his BKB and AC to push high ground, he's got useless AFK ricing items that make him a burden for his supports to carry. GG report Alch...that's how people react to this build in ranked these days, and I won't blame them.

Like, manta/radiance ALch would be a great build if Alch was a hard carry. Only problem is...he's not, and never was ; so I think manta/radiance builds are best lest to actual hard carries like Naga or Spectre, since the whole point of this build is to counterpush and delay to the late game. And octarine...is straight up trash.

It really feels like competitive players have no freaking clue about the timing windows of the hero. They think he's Naga Siren, while he's more like Huskar or something. When I saw Alch coming back to the competitive scene I was afraid that he would be pretty low impact because of the nerfs and the fact that he hasn't been played for several years...but I had no idea that his game impact would be literally zero because of horrible item builds.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » October 13, 2015 2:55pm | Report
Umm... the average Radiance timing for Alch is like 11 minutes. You can probably have Manta Style and BoTs up in another what 6-8 at most due to your farming pace? That's two tier 4 items by 20 minutes, that then probably triple your farm rate. Which means you are still hitting your timing window, and you are still farming super fast, faster than everything else on the map by 2 or 3 or 4 times. No other item will do that for you.

But do you want to know the big thing; He makes your entire team richer. He lets heroes like Witch Doctor, or Venomancer, or Doom or Necrophos build these really impactful utility items, and still gain the benefit of these big Ag's upgrades. It makes your entire team stronger as a result, and it compensates for him being a weak late game carry, becaus your other team-mates hit late game power items faster as a result, and leverage the impact in mid-game team-fights.

If you are running Alch as your sole true carry, or true source of damage or late game potential, sure just farm super quickly into 6 slotted items. Otherwise, you can step back for these Ag's, making the whole team stronger, not just you.

Like; go back and look at how Monkey Buisness used Alch most of the event. It was always with a partner who helped secure the late game, with a Necro, or a Doom. And he got his farming items, and he got them there fast Ag's, and he bullied the enemy team as a result.

If you think that injecting these Ag's into your team, getting these huge team-fight abilities and bringing a super early radiance into fights (Given the miss chance is a massive part of the item now), is 0 impact, I think you need to relook at things. Because it sounds like you've not actually been looking at these games.

Admittedly, I thought the ag's gimmick was just that at first, but it does seem to be legit now people have worked around it, and started working it into line-ups.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved