Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.86d

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.86d 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » January 20, 2016 5:23pm | Report
Well this is unexpected given we don't normally getd patches;

Aether Lens now has a 550 gold recipe instead of a Cloak (no longer grants Magic Resistance)
Hand of God cooldown is no longer reduced by Aghanim's Scepter
Invoker's base agility reduced from 20 to 14
Deafening Blast manacost increased from 200 to 300

Good God Chen. I mean I know you were far far too good but good God.

Also yay Aether Lens nerf is justified. Shame that Invoker is the same hero basically (Okay, -1 base armour is the kind of thing that makes a big difference in lane, but it won't change that much).

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 20, 2016 7:50pm | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

Well this is unexpected given we don't normally getd patches;

Aether Lens now has a 550 gold recipe instead of a Cloak (no longer grants Magic Resistance)
Hand of God cooldown is no longer reduced by Aghanim's Scepter
Invoker's base agility reduced from 20 to 14
Deafening Blast manacost increased from 200 to 300

Good God Chen. I mean I know you were far far too good but good God.

Also yay Aether Lens nerf is justified. Shame that Invoker is the same hero basically (Okay, -1 base armour is the kind of thing that makes a big difference in lane, but it won't change that much).

It is only reduction on ulti CD nerf. His early game dominance is still good. He is the same hero.

I like the aether lens change. It was deserved. Magic nukers getting moar range and more tank, that was disgustingly OP. THey cooul have added a recipe to increase cost but OSfrog remdied it completely

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » January 20, 2016 8:13pm | Report
NO DONT TOUCH MY CHEN STOP VOLVO WHY
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » January 20, 2016 10:34pm | Report
Nerfs to heroes I don't pay much attention too, alright. 300 mana cost for Deathening Blast seems kind of significant to Voker's early game. The cd thing to Chen seems like it'll make his deathballing a little bit less unbeatable, since I ran into a few Chens this patch and the heals with ancients is so difficult to beat.

Nerf to Aether Lens. Indeed, it was far too strong, and I was sick of all the Pudge pickers. I'll miss the magic resist tho, I would've been okay with a pricier lens to have a Lich with massive defense, or a Necro that was nuke resistant. I guess it's okay to make Leshrac and SK playable again, since they might actually kill the supports now.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 21, 2016 12:14am | Report
Couldn't care less about those changes. My hero doesn't even make use of -1 Invo armor.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 21, 2016 12:53am | Report
Aether Lens nerf is kind of expected, although personally I never thought the item to be that gamebreaking. It's not that the item is bad, it's actually pretty good, it's just that Blink Dagger is simply a better item. Instant low cooldown positionnning is better than cast range increase. And lens already suffered from the Ring of Health component being kind of wasted, supports don't need HP regen after the very early game. So now you pay 1400 gold for the cast range increase, the only thing the item gives over dagger is 250 mana. Well you still go dagger *and* lens on some heroes like Lion or SD, but seriously dagger first.

Massive Chen nerf. Massive. Cooldowns are what this game is all about, and it got multiplied by 4. RIP free 30 second cooldown improved mek.

Invoker gained 4 free levels of XP but lost 38 HP and 1 armor to compensate. Wow, this clearly compensated for that. What a significant nerf, now the hero is clearly balanced Keepo.

And don't forget the only real change because who plays Chen anyways :

* Arc Warden's Tempest Double now grants XP to Arc Warden if it lands the killing blow on enemy heroes.

Don't underestimate this. Yep, that's an AW buff, and not a negligible one. Get solo kills with clone, get faster level 16. Midas used by the clone already gave XP to the main, now kills do so as well. A well-played AW can level up faster than Meepo. What a hero.
Now if you only fixed Track...
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » January 21, 2016 6:59am | Report
Aether Lens is much better than Blink Dagger on some heroes. Even with blink you will often have to get into a position where you will expose yourself. Usually you need to wait for the perfect opportunity to jump and use your skills. With Aether Lens though you can stay far back and still be usefull on the fight. The increased range on Force Staff and defensive abilities such as Shallow Grave, False Promise, Nightmare etc allow for a much better positioning game for supports. The increased placement range on skills like Tombstone and Nether Ward and also wards are very usefull.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » January 22, 2016 2:40pm | Report
They've fixed the Arc Warden Track bug, so BH is no longer super good against AW for silly reasons.

Thought it worth mentioning and there wasn't a better thread than this one

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » January 22, 2016 5:04pm | Report
why did they do this to Aether Lens. Honestly didnt see that coming, I thought Aether was pretty balanced. This nerf is gonna hit Zues and Pudge pretty hard tho so I'm not too upset.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » January 22, 2016 6:31pm | Report
Blubbles wrote:

why did they do this to Aether Lens. Honestly didnt see that coming, I thought Aether was pretty balanced. This nerf is gonna hit Zues and Pudge pretty hard tho so I'm not too upset.

The item was becoming the 6.86 version of Glimmer Cape? Little more situational, but it was creeping up there in terms of usage.

That's generally enough of a reason to see an item get nerfed, since Icefrog seemingly hates utility items not called Force Staff or Blink Dagger consitently being built in multiples on teams

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved