Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Radiance as a damage item

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Radiance as a damage item 56 posts - page 5 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 26, 2015 1:00pm | Report
porygon361 wrote:

Oh well, it's not fun arguing with someone who doesn't want to engage in a meaningful discussion anyway. Peace out and enjoy being right all the time, I guess.

Sure, back out of a discussion with someone who is backing things up with numbers.

Edit: ive mainly read arguments like radiance being 'annoying' for your enemies, not actually anything solid, do you plan on deathball pushing with it? What is it actually doing?
Apart from that you have made up unrealistic item timings like ive said.

Right now it just looks like you are backing out of the discussion because i backed you into a corner, while trying to make me look bad by implying that i didnt provide any solid arguements.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » March 26, 2015 1:04pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Sure, back out of a discussion with someone who is backing things up with numbers.

And if I back things up, you still won't believe me or state that it is not consistent or something, I dunno. I don't wanna say anything anymore if you continue to phrase your argument like a closed-minded individual.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 26, 2015 1:21pm | Report
porygon361 wrote:

And if I back things up, you still won't believe me or state that it is not consistent or something, I dunno. I don't wanna say anything anymore if you continue to phrase your argument like a closed-minded individual.

Like i said in my edit, did i not back up my arguments?
I still dont get why you want to just leave the discussion. Like now it just looks like you want to leave it because you have nothing more to say and want to cover up with insulting me.

Do you mean that both builds are viable in different situations? That would be a valid point. But i would still keep on discussing because i would disagree with it personally.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 26, 2015 1:24pm | Report
Please refrain from using excessive amounts of salt. It is recognized as having a bad effect on global health.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 26, 2015 1:34pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Please refrain from using excessive amounts of salt. It is recognized as having a bad effect on global health.

Too much salt is bad, no salt is also unhealthy. =D

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » March 26, 2015 1:48pm | Report
Sorry, I got caught up in real life **** and got unnecessarily frustrated. I apologise for the increased salt levels in this thread and to Tim for taking my anger out on him :).

I will provide a proper argument for Radiance tomorrow when I have time, bear with me till then haha.

Timminatorr wrote:

Too much salt is bad, no salt is also unhealthy. =D

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 26, 2015 2:10pm | Report
XD Morgan freeman is pointing at my comment.

Ok no problem blocky pokemonguy!

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Swixcap » March 26, 2015 2:44pm | Report
Some heated discussion here about the Wraith King with Radiance build... We can of course view this as a question of whether Radiance is better to get than Mjollnir in general, but I think you all know that's not the case. Radiance has a unique effect - the burn of course - that makes it a situational item on any hero. It's not core on Spectre or Phantom Lancer any more, so except for Naga Siren perhaps, it's always a situational pick-up. Why? Because the burn effect is a set amount of damage. Not percentage, not based on your damage, just 50 per second. If the enemies have low HP - which would be early in the game or because they are squishy - and you can affect many of them, Radiance's burn is ****ing great! This is also why it can be a great farming item, because it does 50 dmg/sec to those low-HP creeps, and if you have illusions to affect many creeps then you're gonna make money fast. Simple.

Now, Wraith King does not have illusions, but he does have lifesteal, crit and two lives - making him average at farming but really good at fighting enemy heroes. Problem is that Radiance is ****ing expensive to build and you'll therefore be relatively weak while saving for it. Mjollnir on the other hand, is way easier to build up, and all it's components are useful for fighting on their own.

So, I hereby conclude that Radiance is better to build than Mjollnir if these conditions are met:
  • You are your team's primary/only tank.
  • The enemy team consists of many low-HP heroes, preferably melee.
  • You have the necessary luck and space to rack up enough money to have your Radiance by 25 minutes.

This is a simplification, but the point is that buying a Radiance is very situational. It can be great, but will often not be. In general, Mjollnir is the better choice.

EDIT: I'd like to add that because Wraith King is so damn tanky with lifesteal and two lives, I think Radiance is a lot better on him than on many other heroes I've seen people build it on (Centaur, Bloodseeker, Axe, Tide, Invoker, Nightstalker...).
This is my signature. This is my dotabuff.

Swixcap

Notable (7)
Steam: Cube
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » March 26, 2015 2:56pm | Report
On paper, Treant Protector and Centaur Warrunner deserve mentioning since they're natural tanks. Centaur especially with Return and the fact he's already a solid Blade Mail carrier means he's the quintessential "you can't kill me so I'm going to keep damaging you regardless of whether or not you try to kill me." Treant's already a really good aura item carrier since his combination of Leech Seed, Living Armor and his large health pool means he going to be tough to bring down. Tack on invisibility via Nature's Guise and aoe lockdown from Overgrowth, and you now see why Timbersaw is afraid of trees.

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 26, 2015 3:07pm | Report
Fedorable wrote:

On paper, Treant Protector and Centaur Warrunner deserve mentioning since they're natural tanks. Centaur especially with Return and the fact he's already a solid Blade Mail carrier means he's the quintessential "you can't kill me so I'm going to keep damaging you regardless of whether or not you try to kill me." Treant's already a really good aura item carrier since his combination of Leech Seed, Living Armor and his large health pool means he going to be tough to bring down. Tack on invisibility via Nature's Guise and aoe lockdown from Overgrowth, and you now see why Timbersaw is afraid of trees.

I prefer the carry treant with boots>aghs>refresh>blink>mjollnir>satanic =D
I actually did this in a 5 stack and an inhouse, and it is a lot of fun =D (if you are playing the tree)

At some point in that 5 stack game i actually fought a legion commander with around ~200 danage i believe, in duel with bladmail active on her.
When duel ended i just activated satanic an whacked her into the ground. =D all while screaming stuff through the mic like FIGHT ME ***** and YOUR *** IS MINE.
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1323324344

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved