Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Radiance as a damage item

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Radiance as a damage item 56 posts - page 3 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » March 21, 2015 4:44pm | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

^ it doesn't work that way my friend.

i mean indirectly it works if the illusions are out of range from each other (meaning that a unit cannot be affected from multiple burn aura's from the same hero)

I know, but you're still multiplying the source of damage across the map, increasing your farm.

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » March 21, 2015 5:48pm | Report
I might have misunderstood your statement. I am sorry.

yes, Radiance does wonders to your over-all farming capabilities if you have the patience to continually micro your illusions.

Also, the only heroes that can effectively use Rad to farm right now are naga and Terrorblade, Spectre uses it to farm heroes rather than creeps in most situations.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » March 21, 2015 6:00pm | Report
Get Radiance on Invoker with Ghost Walk, ez kill ez lyf.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » March 21, 2015 6:07pm | Report
Isn't there a video on youtube about a guy who tries this on a russian server?it was hilarious.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » March 21, 2015 7:17pm | Report
^
That's what I'm talking about, ez rampage.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » March 24, 2015 2:53am | Report
Theres really no reason to buy Radiance as damage item when you can have the better alternative with a similar price (ex. MKB or Abyssal). It drops off late game where the others don't. It is bought on illusion heroes because you can greatly increase the area you cover with its burn, and you can send in illusions to damage them before you actually go on them.
Mood of the Day

T_T

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 24, 2015 9:19am | Report
We can all talk about how it might be OK on tanky heroes because damage blah blah blah.

But when it comes down to it no one in his right mind gets it on a hero that isnt naga, spectre, or sometimes old PL and old alchemist, in a game that is in any way close or serious.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 24, 2015 9:51am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

We can all talk about how it might be OK on tanky heroes because damage blah blah blah.

But when it comes down to it no one in his right mind gets it on a hero that isnt naga, spectre, or sometimes old PL and old alchemist, in a game that is in any way close or serious.

Not really, it's very good for Wraith King.
Also, any fed str hero who isn't a main carry can get it to make good use of his tankiness, Centaur Warrunner , Bristleback, Abaddon, Pudge etc.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 24, 2015 11:45am | Report
Outclassed by mjollnir on wraith king.

Cent, bristle, abaddon, pudge? Sure. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You only get that item on heroes like that if you are ahread and want to screw around because the game is over.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 24, 2015 12:10pm | Report
Mjollnir does not disable Blink Daggers, Mjollnir does not screw over kiters, Mjollnir does not work if you are not attacked, and Wraith King wants to be attacked with Blade Mail.

Mjollnir is good after Radiance, but not before.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved