Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Jakiro Offlane

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Jakiro Offlane 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » November 28, 2014 5:32pm | Report
So, i just did my first game with Jakiro as an offlaner ( Lich wouldn't leave and let me do it properly, Pubs...), but i enjoyed it. Went 2-1-4-1 (game ended after 16 mins...) for the early push.

I was wandering, i had a quick look on here and all the guides are focussed on Support Jakiro. That is normally how i play him, but how would you build differently for an offlane Jakiro?

I was expecting harass from Storm Spirit or Vengeful Spirit so i went Tangos, Healing Salve, Clarity and Stout Shield. In hindsight i took any little harass they threw easily, so the Slave and probably Shield weren't needed. Maybe rush boots, seeing as he is very slow and i wasn't skilling Ice Path early for escape? Apart from that, in future games what is the 'standard' early build? I will, usually, end up rushing a Eul's Scepter of Divinity (thanks Universe!), but after that, build tank?

Thanks,
Romark

Edit: For reference (i had the Eul's on the courier) http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1056798054
Dimonychan wrote:

Split-puhing <- when you do it.
Rat doto <- when enemy does it.

Romark14

Notable (7)
Steam: Romark14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » November 28, 2014 5:39pm | Report
Best build would probably be Arcane Boots -> Eul's Scepter of Divinity -> Mekansm or Pipe of Insight depending on if the enemy team has a lot of magic damage. If your team already has someone who is going to build a mek getting Blink Dagger -> Veil of Discord is probably the best way to go. The damage amplification is very strong with Jakiro's skills and the mobility from blink opens a lot of options.
After veil it's really only adapting to the game. If you think you need magic immunity get BKB, if you think you need more mobility get Forcestaff if you need burst damage get Dagon, if you need additional push get Necro3 etc etc

Regarding skillbuild getting Liquid Fire or Dual Breath is ok, but Ice Path is really not worth it. In general I think Ice Path is too underwhelming compared to the other two so I only max it when I have all the other skills including Macropyre maxed. You should still invest a point at lvl 4 just for the value tho.
Maxing Liquid Fire or Dual Breath first really depends on the lineup. If you think there will be more teamfights early go for Dual Breath max. It makes most carries useless early and midgame. 40% movespeed and 40 attackspeed slow is no joke.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » November 29, 2014 6:04am | Report
Solo offlane Jakiro... I did it few times, most of it was a great sucess. Many players aren't used to see Jakiro offlane with great early XPM, and when he can get levels, he is very scary.

I would go for Tranquil Boots and work towards Mekansm, so that you will have great HP regen and very good armor. Then I would build Eul's Scepter of Divinity or Blink Dagger or Force Staff, depends on the situation.

Hell, I would even go for Necronomicon. Towers are falling in seconds.

If you have level 3 Liquid Fire in 4-5 minutes, then your opponents should run in fear. They can't stop the push. They would need to gank you with 3 heroes to kill you, most likely.

I also ran Jakiro mid few times, and story is the same. You are not here for farm. Just push the hell out of them and harass heroes out of lane. When they will go for a rune, push and get XP. You are on middle to create space and get early map control. Jakiro can't really gank, maybe with a haste or invis rune.

Jakiro is the core hero in current meta, and you can't deny it. He might be nerfed soon, though. Because he will become unbalanced. He is viable with each strategy.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seagull » November 29, 2014 6:41am | Report
Most of the competitive players tend to go Tranquil Boots into Eul's Scepter of Divinity into blink I think. So he's basically played as a pusher who turns into an initiator after eul's. In my opinion skillbuild depends completely on your team. Maxing Liquid Fire is kind of a must, but then whether to skill Dual Breath or Ice Path depends on the role you play in your team. If you have a team with good damage output you might want to max Ice Path second for better lockdown with eul's and blink and be the initiator. On the other hand if your team has really good cc you should probably max Dual Breath. Both are good spells, you just have to decide which to prioritize.

About starting items, damage block items are bad on ranged heroes so I would swap the Stout Shield for a Ring of Protection. Boots first might be fine too but I guess it depends on the opposing lineup.

Seagull

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (9)
Steam: HAEÆ
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » November 29, 2014 8:42am | Report
Ring of Protection or 8 Tango can do the job too. Well, I won't say I'm experienced or anything but Jak' is my 1, so...

Although that jak is super buffed, I still like him as a 4. He can do so much with so little. I usually don't even up boots until late or if I need a bigger mana pool. Also, I always get Force Staff instead of blink, since I love him as a 4. Obviously I get eul'. I dunno, but I think you should try him as a 4. You just over harass them, and get towers early, so you'll get the gold you need usually. It's just my playstyle of him, I tried him off', but eh... I don't think his place is there imo
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » December 3, 2014 6:30am | Report
I completely forgot i had put this here...
Thanks for the replies! I'll try some of this out.

Even as a 4 i think i normally used him to roam pushing towers. If one is looking a bit pushed, tp and get some Liquid Fire on there!

I've never quite got the Blink Dagger on Jakiro though. Ice Path can be the only reason, but the castling animation is so slow on it surely it's better used for counter initiation/post initiation?
Dimonychan wrote:

Split-puhing <- when you do it.
Rat doto <- when enemy does it.

Romark14

Notable (7)
Steam: Romark14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » December 3, 2014 9:11am | Report
Romark14 wrote:

I completely forgot i had put this here...
Thanks for the replies! I'll try some of this out.

Even as a 4 i think i normally used him to roam pushing towers. If one is looking a bit pushed, tp and get some Liquid Fire on there!

I've never quite got the Blink Dagger on Jakiro though. Ice Path can be the only reason, but the castling animation is so slow on it surely it's better used for counter initiation/post initiation?

its coupled with the euls scepter give give faster and longer range initiations. + its the best item in the game. so theres that.

force staff is the better defensive item in fights though, so as a lower farm support jakiro you will mostly get that.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 3, 2014 9:20am | Report
Blink + Euls essentially turn you into a sort of Puck, a very evasive initator.

Caught in the middle of enemies? Euls yourself, and blink out.

Want to initiate on a far off enemy? Blink, euls him, wait for your team to catch up, and do your combo.

Blink + Euls is great on a lot of heroes really : Lina, Invoker, Bane...these two items are just really good together.

On Jakiro, blink on an enemy, Euls him, Ice Path as he lands and Dual Breath. You can land this 100% reliably.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » December 3, 2014 9:40am | Report
I'd probably go for Tangoes and Boots of Speed on the solo offlane - you don't really need much mana (mostly Liquid Fire) and the speed is probably more useful than the other options for survival.

Tbh I'm not really convinced he makes sense there though - while levels are nice on him, I wouldn't say he's particularly scary with his ult, and equipment wise, it's pretty much all utility, you don't NEED many items on him at all (hence why he can be a great 5 as well as a 4).

No escape, and while Liquid Fire is great harassment, it will tend to push the creep wave hard if you use it against a melee carry, and against a ranged, I don't think you can go close enough without leaving yourself open to death against any half decent trilane.

Personally, I'd say Lich is much better in this kind of disruptive/harassing role. He actively decreases enemy xp/farm without having to be in deny range, and harasses extremely strongly. A quick level 6 for Chain Frost is > Macropyre imho.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » December 3, 2014 9:59am | Report
Krwiozerca wrote:

Solo offlane Jakiro... I did it few times, most of it was a great sucess. Many players aren't used to see Jakiro offlane with great early XPM, and when he can get levels, he is very scary.

I would go for Tranquil Boots and work towards Mekansm, so that you will have great HP regen and very good armor. Then I would build Eul's Scepter of Divinity or Blink Dagger or Force Staff, depends on the situation.

Hell, I would even go for Necronomicon. Towers are falling in seconds.

If you have level 3 Liquid Fire in 4-5 minutes, then your opponents should run in fear. They can't stop the push. They would need to gank you with 3 heroes to kill you, most likely.

I also ran Jakiro mid few times, and story is the same. You are not here for farm. Just push the hell out of them and harass heroes out of lane. When they will go for a rune, push and get XP. You are on middle to create space and get early map control. Jakiro can't really gank, maybe with a haste or invis rune.

Jakiro is the core hero in current meta, and you can't deny it. He might be nerfed soon, though. Because he will become unbalanced. He is viable with each strategy.

Testify.
@Sando.

Dont you think as an offlaner it might be beneficial if you can push the lane towrds the enemy tower in the first place? Makes them last hits all the more difficult because they are competing with tower and aside from some untouched creeps i dont think they would be able to sync their hits with the tower.

Lich is better offlane but hes evn better safelane. And if you went jakiro offlane we should admit that our laners suck and it would be better if we played a bit of negative game, u know, i sacrifice exp and u sacrifice gold.

Of course jakiro is susceptible to enemy rotations but then so is lich. His only salvation is Chain Frost and even then he might die before they do or some guy may be wise enough to divert and deviate his ulti.

We are just looking for that crucial level 6 on him and then he ganks forthwith.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved