Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

help me with sven

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » help me with sven 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by supermanmaggie » March 4, 2014 10:20am | Report
hi everyone. Recently i started to use sven, but i feed every game i play. So im asking for help how to sven and how to own game when using him :D

supermanmaggie

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » March 4, 2014 10:26am | Report
stay back,farm kill, freakout

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » March 4, 2014 10:49am | Report
First pick up 1 Tango, Stout Shield and 3 Iron Branches. Go in lane with a support: Crystal Maiden, Lion, Treant Protector etc. Once you get 225 gold buy Quelling Blade for better farm. Finish the 3 Iron Branches into Magic Wand. Decide which boots are you going to buy Power Treads or Phase Boots. Stay back, farm and if you have the potential to kill with your support than the lane is in your hands. While leveling up spells get 2 points first in Storm Bolt, 1 in Great Cleave, 1 in War Cry. When you hit level 5 you should have 3 points in Storm Bolt, 1 in Great Cleave, 1 in War Cry. Farm Mask of Madness after it Black King Bar. I'm suggesting you fist to pick up Mask of Madness to farm in the woods if the lanes aren't safe anymore to farm unless the creep wave got to your tower. Once you have Power Treads, Mask of Madness and Black King Bar your next item is Daedalus to pick up. You will make your own choice what late game items you want. Heart of Tarrasque, Assault Cuirass, Abyssal Blade, Satanic and Divine Rapier. Situational items: Drum of Endurance, Heaven's Halberd, Monkey King Barr (this can be purchased as a situational item or a late item if you want more damage). Remember look if there is anyone on the map missing go quickly next to you tower and stay back and farm and main thing is don't go RMABO with Sven without items because he's item dependant. My matches with Sven:
Your text to link here...
PS: Sven is my favorite hero.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » March 4, 2014 12:22pm | Report
Sven is a very easy Hero to play even in the lower brackets: if you have a friend that can lane with you, make sure he picks a support with a good disable ( Crystal Maiden, Venomancer, Vengeful Spirit, Leshrac...) so you can use Storm Hammer and they can follow up with their stun/slow. That makes things much easier in the early game, so you can farm your core in little time.

I usually go Armlet of Mordiggian into Black King Bar since the Armlet gives both HP (which gets multiplied by God's Strength) and raw attack speed/damage, but some players prefer rushing a Mask of Madness instead which is still pretty good if you're playing low level games. The most important thing is buying a Black King Bar, you should never skip it (unless you're playing versus 4-5 carries).

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » March 5, 2014 7:02pm | Report
Mask of Madness instead which is still pretty good if you're playing low level games.

I always make Mask of Madness on Sven. And that doesn't mean I or someone else are playing low games.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Thenickrick » April 16, 2014 11:58am | Report
The idea behind mom is to 1) farm mid game and 2) Rampage enemy team after stun, so the extra incoming damage doesn't affect him. I would say it is great on him but situationally other pickups might be better.

Thenickrick

Notable (1)
Steam: [DC] THEnickrick
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Moodkill » May 6, 2014 4:30am | Report
You can try him out a bit in bot matches on hard at least then move to pubs, I only started Dota 2 a year ago as I was stuck on Dota 1 and practiced with bots unfair for a week before moving to pubs. I'm not sure if it might work for you but playing with bots helped me quite a lot.

Moodkill

Notable (9)
Steam: Moodkill
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by funnoob » May 27, 2014 9:20pm | Report
take bottom lane if you are rad or top if in dire. do creep stacking on easy camp. on 52-54 s each minute bait the creep out of their camps until next minute and new creeps will spawn.. 3 or 4 stacking will give you quite much gold but you can still farm from the lane.. U have cleave my bro. it will be faster to end up 3 or 4 stacks of easy creep than other heroes. Its a gift.

funnoob

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved