Fulgora can't farm nor push fast, she must always look for pick off. Her playstyle revolves around on using all of her abilities constantly for maximum damage potential. She always seek for chance to use neutron nova, then use her other ability/item for a perfect hit. She can use electric pole if the condition allows it, or use lightning surge while also approach her prey to finish him off with attacks and steal his mana. Due to mana cost and cooldown of her abilities, she often needs to stay close to enemies to refuel mana. However, being close to enemies makes her vulnerable. Nevertheless, if she can survive that, She will be ready for another neutron nova assault. Landing neutron nova is a lot easier with the help of allied disabler, It's overall better because it allows her to save mana and stay at safe distance.
Player has to be careful while stealing mana. She is vey squishy, Being close to many enemies gives a lot of stolen mana, but it may kill Fulgora afterward. Being close to few enemies might give her safety, but she just gets little mana. Mind that she can't use neutron nova on close enemy.
During the early game, enemies have little control over neutron nova's damage. While Fulgora has her own disables to get perfect neutron nova hit. Allies can also help with good coordination. Executing a pick off might just be as simple as throwing 1 succesful neutron nova hit followed by auto attacks. Thus the early game is the easiest period for Fulgora. As the game progresses, enemies start acquiring items, they group up more often, and their health are too much for 1 neutron nova. Many items can be used to counter neutron nova/root, says: Black King Bar
, Linken's Sphere
, Force Staff
, Blade Mail
, Blade Mail
, Blade Mail
, etc.. On the other hand, Fulgora also has items and more mana, and so does her team. At this point, She can and has to hits neutron nova perfectly multiple times, and it can only be done by using all of her abilities and items constantly. Thus making the challenge gets harder and harder as the game progresses.
Don't forget that playing Fulgora isn't always about neutron nova. Her other kit is also very spammable especially electric pole, her right-click is not so bad too. FInd the right strategy for the situation.
- Very deadly solo ganker. Even more deadly if paired with a disabler.
- Has spammable extremely high magic damage nukes.
- Has many disables. Each of her disable can hit more than 1 enemy per cast.
- Abilities have low cooldown.
- Can sustain mana by stealing.
- High mobility.
- Good at kiting.
- High skill ceiling.
- Slow farmer, bad pusher.
- Dependent on landing ultimate constantly and perfectly which is not that easy. It requires other spell/item/teamwork and has to be done precisely. Failures are often punished hard.
- Her disables have very short duration.
- Somewhat high mana cost for her abilities.
- Must be close to enemy unit to steal mana. More mana to steal = more enemies = more danger.
- Dependent on precise positioning.
- Weak while silenced.
- Below average attribute and attribute gain.
- Bad against a group of multiple enemy heroes or illusion heroes