Hi I'm Quartermaster or also known as Ching. This is my first guide and I'm doing it on my favourite (and most played) hero: Oracle.
He's a powerful but complicated support that fits many roles in this job... as he is endless. His renown potential to save and doom enemies is legendary and probably one of the most influential supports in the game.
Well the **** are we waiting for lets get to it.
When to pick...:
+You need to deal with a non-illusion dps right clicker
+Enemy team has purgable buffs
+Enemies are reliant on powerful purgable debuffs.
+You have a strong havoc-creating hero dependent on survival.
+Your carry is dependent on lifesteal or high regeneration.
+You need a defensive support that fills postion 5 nicely.
+You enjoy funny evil twisted voice lines.
When not to pick...:
-They have an illusion-based core that relies on dps right click
-The enemy team have gap closers
-When you need stuns or PROPER LOCKDOWN. I cannot stress enough fortunes end is not a root it merely sets the enemies movement speed to 0.
-You don't know how to play oracle properly you're just picking him because the team says you should.
-You're under 2k like me and you solo queue ranked.
-20 respawn time VS +20% exp gain
Less respawn time means you feed more statistically, but if you have an action packed game it might be worth it. I prefer the exp gain as you can rise in levels quicker and improve your saving and fighting potential.
+200 health VS +60/min
Actually both of these are pretty good there is no onesided answer. I usually go for the gold because it helps your ****ty income as a support.
+25 movespeed +20 intelligence
Oh boy another hard one to decide. If you feel you're up against potent gankers like Pudge or Clockwerk then go for the movement speed. If not take the intelligence, which means more spell spamming, spell amp and mana regen.
+250 cast range VS +2 False Promise duration
Being the selfless support you are you should guarantee an extra 2 seconds for your target to live with you ult. Or you can be selfish prick and have extra cast range which doesn't help much. Prick.
- Animal Courier - Now because you're playing Oracle like the support he is and not being an ***hat you're gonna grab this, same goes for Observer and Sentry Wards
- Tango and Clarity - are essential early game give one to your mid if he/she asks nicely. Early mana management on oracle is a pain so if you don't feel too confident take 2-3 clarities. If not 1 is enough.
- Iron Branch - GG branches gives stats and builds into wand. Nuff said.
Oh yeah upgrade the courier at minute 3, no excuses.
-Like every other support Boots of Speed are your first purchase, so you can roam and escape better.
- Magic Stick can be built into a wand later but this is situational, as you only get real use out of it if you're against heroes like Bristleback or Batrider.
- Wind Lace If you're ganking more with oracle to help out other lanes this is recommended, as more mobility means more opportunities.
- Buckler Always buy Buckler before Headdress on Oracle if you're grabbing mek. Why? You get a stupid amount of armour from it, and you can heal yourself, you don't need regen like Headdress early on.
- Mekansm I think Oracle is one of the greatest Mek carriers, because it synchronises with False Promise, As you heal a gorgeous 500 hp to your target and 250 to those around you. Brilliant item, always grab it. But of course before you do...
- Arcane Boots More movement speed, extra mana and gives a reliable mana output for both you and allies however if you feel more ballsy...
- Tranquil Boots These give more movement speed and armour, if you feel very comfortable with your mana management and your team isn't hungry for arcanes then go for it.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity Removes silence, makes you invulnerable, cancels channelling (something Oracle can't do by himself) and gives you movement speed, mana, regen and intelligence. Jesus what a great item, though sometimes grabbing Guardian Greaves is nicer.
Other cool ****:
- Force Staff Great way of escape and gives intelligence and a bit of regen. Useful in all scenarios as a way of escape.
- Ghost Scepter I always feel I don't buy this enough but by no means is ghost scepter a bad item. Slap Fate's Edict and you're immune to both magical and physical damage. Also stats! Can't argue with stats people.
- Glimmer Cape While you already have Fate's Edict its not exactly an escape mechanism. Glimmer cape provides this against line-ups with heavy magic and chasing potential. Perfect to get yourself or an ally out of trouble.
Late late late
- Guardian Greaves Are a must it saves you a slot and gives mana and health to those around you, but most importantly it purges negative debuffs off you.
But Quartermaster I hear you squeal Oracle already HAS A PUUUUUURGE
True but you can't exactly use your abilities when you're SILENCED CAN YOU *******?
GG gives you this in a flash letting you cast to your hearts desire.
- Aghanim's Scepter Ok I'm gonna point out everything after Agh's on this list is pure luxury, as a support you should be grabbing **** like Force Staff or Glimmer Cape before you start buying stuff for yourself.
Anyway back to aghs gives you about a second cooldown on Purifying Flames and a lower cast point which means more healing and more damage output for friend and foes respectively.
The not recommended list.
- Lotus Orb Eh. I tried it once on oracle and to be honest I didn't see much impact from a Bounty Hunter that got re- Tracked. armour, mana pool, health and mana regen is all nice, but its a bit expensive for Oracle.
- Aether Lens Oh boy I'm gonna get a bunch of hate for this but aether lens isn't that great on oracle. Why? Your range on your spells is already pretty good and if you're standing that far from the enemy you're also staying out of mek, you also increase the damage your friends take from purifying flames. Force Staff or Glimmer Cape can get you in a better position and those costs less. Buy all your support stuff before you greed on unnecessary trivia like Aether Lens. As Oracle you should nail down your positioning anyway so why would you need more range? I've always found greater utility more useful than more range.
- Urn of Shadows I don't recommend this because purifying flames cancel urn charges on a friendly target so while your target has False Promise slapped on them your main source of healing is purifying flames right? so if your main source of healing cancels another source of healing that costs money why buy urn? And besides its not as if oracle cant sustain himself or others...
- Drum of Endurance When 7.00 came out I thought the extra mana regen would make it legit for Oracle. It isn't worth it if you wanna make your wind lace into something go for euls not this.
- Dagon Piss off.
- Divine Rapier OH COME ON!
How the hell do you end a guide?
Well this has been my guide to Oracle and I've been Quartermaster, 'night Ladies and Gentleman.
(Because I'm cheap here's the Youtube I barely upload from)