Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The ideas to change Venomancer - Rework.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The ideas to change Venomancer - Rework. 73 posts - page 5 of 8
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » February 17, 2014 5:42pm | Report
To be honest, if there's a support that really needs some buffs I'd say it's Witch Doctor: the range of his Maledict is too short, definitely. And he also needs a good reskin.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » February 17, 2014 6:45pm | Report

To be honest, if there's a support that really needs some buffs I'd say it's Witch Doctor: the range of his Maledict is too short, definitely. And he also needs a good reskin.

I like the way Witch Doctor looks. :(

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » February 17, 2014 9:21pm | Report

I agree with you.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » February 17, 2014 10:13pm | Report
I'm. Prick first and foremost, but this just feels too much like the eye rolling arguments that Kyfoid and Pu12e caused, it's ok to post bias, hell, I have a bias Timbersaw is the most fun hero to play in dota, followed by Tinker..I'm not going to blow up dotafire expressing that opinion. I get it, you fell Veno should be a carry, hell, earthshaker can be played more efficiently as ganker/semi-carry, but that belittles his potential as an initiator and support hero.
I get it you have an opinion, express it, but don't force it, express how you feel, but realize what the hero is intended for, it's obvious.

There a re a list of supports that people will build as carries, hell, in pubs, pretty much all of them at times you could say, but in the end they won't outcarry the real carries like dusa, void, AM, Luna, Pa etc. Just how the game is built
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » February 17, 2014 10:22pm | Report

I think that Paralyzing Cask and Voodoo Restoration are the problem with Witch Doctor tbh. Malefice and Death Ward are actually useful if you can hit them.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » February 17, 2014 10:46pm | Report
Witch Doctor feels too item dependent to really be a reliable support throughout the game. Dazzle heals better, Bane and Lion provide lockdown that he can't, Shadow Shaman has the killing+pushing power, Rubick and Shadow Demon need few to no items to have an impact, Crystal Maiden has great lane presence and an invaluable aura, Venomancer is ******ed strong. Than as pocket supports there's always Lina and Leshrac, it's a situation where WD falls into the category of: anything he does, someone else does better for less or more reliably, similar IMO to Ogre Magi who has a problem fitting somewhere, both are supports, yet feel like they should be in at least a 3 slot to be effective
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » February 17, 2014 11:09pm | Report
sulaxrox wrote:
There a re a list of supports that people will build as carries, hell, in pubs, pretty much all of them at times you could say, but in the end they won't outcarry the real carries like dusa, void, AM, Luna, Pa etc. Just how the game is built

Yes you're right I know that they can not out carry the real carries.

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » February 17, 2014 11:10pm | Report
sulaxrox wrote:

Witch Doctor feels too item dependent to really be a reliable support throughout the game. Dazzle heals better, Bane and Lion provide lockdown that he can't, Shadow Shaman has the killing+pushing power, Rubick and Shadow Demon need few to no items to have an impact, Crystal Maiden has great lane presence and an invaluable aura, Venomancer is ******ed strong. Than as pocket supports there's always Lina and Leshrac, it's a situation where WD falls into the category of: anything he does, someone else does better for less or more reliably, similar IMO to Ogre Magi who has a problem fitting somewhere, both are supports, yet feel like they should be in at least a 3 slot to be effective

For item dependent yes he needs Aghanim's Scepter and Black King Bar. But I always make Hand of Midas on every Support hero if I don't get it with support till 10 min I don't buy it.

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » February 18, 2014 12:20am | Report
a) fear ... i have every right to say "NO" ... i do not have any right to enforce that "no".

its called freedom of speech doubt you would know about that coming from the eastern bloc.

b)did you just say you build a hand of Midas on witch doctor .... i .... i dont ... wut ,... how ...wah i dont even .... i have no words for that.

c)if you would like to post a rework or a theory about a hero, go to the theory section. we can not change hero's here, we do not collate all the ideas then send them off to ice frog and say "CHANGE PLS" ... we are not league of legends.. IN THE ICEFROG WE TRUST and thats how simple it gets

d)there has to be some point where you realise, that if better players and more experienced players are telling you that you are wrong, then you are wrong. if you want to continue saying you are right then people will start to look upon ALL of your suggestions as inane and dare i say "stupid" ... and what happens if you actually have an awesome idea? by then it will be too late ...

Fear thread ; Didnt read

see?

look ill give you the best analogy i have ok?

if i go to a nudist colony, and i go out to their night club (which by being in a nudist colony is all naked people) and im naked and i happen to have some fantastic success picking up women in said night club and also all around the colony. then i come back to my city and because of the success i had at the nudist colony while naked....i go out to a normal club in the city and try to pick up women, butt naked. how much success do you think i would have?

none

zip

zero

thats because if something works somewhere, it doesn't mean that by doing the same exact thing elsewhere it will work just as well...

see what im getting at?

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 18, 2014 12:24am | Report
Ft;Dr

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved