Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The ideas to change Venomancer - Rework.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The ideas to change Venomancer - Rework. 73 posts - page 1 of 8
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » February 15, 2014 5:06pm | Report
I clearly want to discuss about this.
  1. Damage restored to default 46 - 48.
  2. Hp regen from default 0.25 to 0.75.
  3. New 3rd passive ability.
  4. Attack range increase from 400 to 500 or 550.
Old:
  • Starting Strength 18 + 1.85
  • Starting Agility 22 + 2.6
  • Starting Intelligence 15 + 1.75
New:
  • Starting Strength 20 + 2.1
  • Starting Agility 22 + 2.6
  • Starting Intelligence 17 + 1.9

Venomous Skin

Ability Type:

Targeting Type:

Damage type:

Passive
N/A
Magic
Venomancers body is covered with venom, giving bonus armor and damage. Enemies who damage Venomancer for % of their attacks, increases Venomancers attack damage and armor. Also, any unit that damages Venomancer will become infected, taking minor damage and having its movement speed and attack speed reduced for 5 seconds.

Level

Mana

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Cooldown

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Casting Range

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Area of Effect

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Duration

5 seconds/ stack lasts 15 seconds

Allowed Targets

Self/Enemy unit

Self/Enemy unit

Self/Enemy unit

Self/Enemy unit
Effects

10% slow, 10 damage per second and 10% of enemy attack increases armor and damage. Maximum enemy attack stacks 5.

15% slow, 17 damage per second and 15% of enemy attack increases armor and damage. Maximum enemy attack stacks 8.

20% slow, 24 damage per second and 20% of enemy attack increases armor and damage. Maximum enemy attack stacks 11.

25% slow, 28 damage per second and 25% of enemy attack increases armor and damage. Maximum enemy attack stacks 14.

Notes:
  • Armor and damage increase stacks with other armor and damage items.
  • The damage, slow, armor and damage increase are applied whenever Venomancer takes damage from any source.
  • Deals a total of 50/85/120/140 damage.
  • Partially blocked by Magic Immunity. Damage is blocked, slow is not.
  • After 15 seconds pass, the increased armor and damage slowly decrease by time.

Poison Sting

Ability Type:

Targeting Type:

Damage type:

Passive
N/A
Magic
Adds poison damage to Venomancers normal attacks, slowing movement speed.

Level

Mana

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Cooldown

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Casting Range

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Area of Effect

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Duration

6 seconds

9 seconds

12 seconds

15 seconds
Allowed Targets

Enemy Units

Enemy Units

Enemy Units

Enemy Units
Effects

Deals 10 damage per second and slows for 11%.

Deals 15 damage per second and slows for 12%.

Deals 20 damage per second and slows for 13%.

Deals 25 damage per second and slows for 14%.

Notes:
  • Poison Sting damage can be lethal. (Damage from Poison Sting can kill enemies)
  • Deals a total of 60/135/240/375 damage.
  • This skill does not allow for heroes to be denied.
  • Movement slow debuff applies to magic immune (non-mechanical) units.
  • Poison Sting damage doesn't cancel healing or disable Blink Dagger.
  • Partially blocked by Magic Immunity. Slow still takes effect.

This is just the idea to change Venomancer to the hard carry he was. Though in the older versions he was a hard carry even with Plague Wards. The idea to the 3rd ability is similar to Vipers Corrosive Skin it's the only thing I could've think off. Do not say NO, that he can't be changed. In fact he can. Just like Undying was reworked. And made from Intelligence hero to a Strength hero with all 4 reworked abilities. If you have a better idea for a 3rd spell PLEASE post it in the comments. O I forgot. Didn't everyone used to say that Agility heroes deal the most damage and are the most hard carries or whatever it was. I don't care if you dislike this. This is just the rework he needs. There are better supporters and new will come out. I just got one in my head opposite to Crystal Maiden. I'll post that some other time.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » February 15, 2014 5:44pm | Report
"Enemies who damage Venomancer for % of their attacks, increases Venomancers attack damage and armor"

the phrasing of this sentence confuses me :S
clarification plz!

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » February 15, 2014 5:56pm | Report
L0bstz0r wrote:

"Enemies who damage Venomancer for % of their attacks, increases Venomancers attack damage and armor"

the phrasing of this sentence confuses me :S
clarification plz!

Example: When Viper attacks Venomancer, 20% of Vipers damage increases Venomancers armor and damage.

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » February 15, 2014 6:06pm | Report
Some1 enlighten me plz, cause i totally cant follow that statement :S

how can 20% of a heroes damage increase anything?

EDIT: or do you maybe mean, that if venomancer gets hit by a hero, he gainst 20% of that heroes damage as bonus damage?

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » February 15, 2014 6:40pm | Report
L0bstz0r wrote:

Some1 enlighten me plz, cause i totally cant follow that statement :S

how can 20% of a heroes damage increase anything?

EDIT: or do you maybe mean, that if venomancer gets hit by a hero, he gainst 20% of that heroes damage as bonus damage?

Yes his armor and damage increases.

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » February 15, 2014 6:54pm | Report
ok. Well....thats !OP AS F*CK!

1.: the armor increase definitely needs a much much much much much much lower multiplier. Increasing the armor of a hero by more than 20 with 1 hit (if the enemy hero has ~100 damage) is just way too much.
2.: A 6-slotted PA would basically raise Venomancers attack damage to her level (which she spend the ENTIRE GAME farming for), by merely hitting him once.
3.: Making this buff stack 14 times (!) at level 4 is ridiculous! If a random hero hits Venomancer 14 times, venomancer would get 1100% (thats 11 times) of that heroes damage as bonus damage.

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » February 15, 2014 7:05pm | Report
L0bstz0r wrote:

ok. Well....thats !OP AS F*CK!

1.: the armor increase definitely needs a much much much much much much lower multiplier. Increasing the armor of a hero by more than 20 with 1 hit (if the enemy hero has ~100 damage) is just way too much.
2.: A 6-slotted PA would basically raise Venomancers attack damage to her level (which she spend the ENTIRE GAME farming for), by merely hitting him once.
3.: Making this buff stack 14 times (!) at level 4 is ridiculous! If a random hero hits Venomancer 14 times, venomancer would get 1100% (thats 11 times) of that heroes damage as bonus damage.

Dude how about add how much %. I don't know maths. Tell me and I'll change. I said this is the only thing I could've come up. How much I should lower the % and the stacks?

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » February 15, 2014 7:28pm | Report
Why would you buff him? He's already the most overpowered support on par with Crystal Maiden and maybe Visage. If you want to make him a viable semi-carry just remove his wards (and maybe reduce the slow duration of the Venomous Gale) and add an ability that scales with damage like AoE hits or something.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » February 15, 2014 7:30pm | Report

Why would you buff him? He's already the most overpowered support on par with Crystal Maiden and maybe Visage. If you want to make him a viable semi-carry just remove his wards (and maybe reduce the slow duration of the Venomous Gale) and add an ability that scales with damage like AoE hits or something.

I'm saying Hard Carry like he was before not Semi-Carry Peppo.

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » February 15, 2014 7:51pm | Report
F.E.A.R.0 wrote:

I'm saying Hard Carry like he was before not Semi-Carry Peppo.

really.....this again? and btw ....venomancer NEVER was a hardcarry (not even in the original WCIII dota)

also: peppo is right. This hero doesnt need any kind of rework or buff....he is fine, as he is....in fact he still is very strong.

Furthermore: Dont rework spells and let them scale with HUGE %-based multipliers if you "dont know maths".

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved