Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The ideas to change Venomancer - Rework.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The ideas to change Venomancer - Rework. 73 posts - page 2 of 8
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » February 15, 2014 8:09pm | Report
Well, I remember him being played as a core Hero if I'm not mistaken: I actually heard it from older players, and with "older" I mean the time when the Vanguard was so strong everyone built it on every single Hero including ranged ones (and Veno).

I believe off-lane Venomancer was played some time ago too, but I don't think he's a viable hard carry because of the lack of scaling abilities.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 15, 2014 8:24pm | Report
*trashtalk mode* fear is just trying to make veno into a carry after i dunked all his arguments becouse math eludes him *trashtalk off*

Veno doesnt need changes, he is one of only 4 agi heroes who can support, 5 if you include gyro semi support.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » February 15, 2014 10:06pm | Report
Yeah, there's no real need to change a Hero so that he becomes a Hard Carry rather than a Support, and giving him ridiculous Buffs is only going to make him an automatic "1st Pick/Ban Support", similar to how Batrider was athe most contested Mid before he was nerfed.

Ultimately, you'd be taking a fairly well balanced Hero away to replace him with an identical but completely unbalanced Hero who does something a little different. Not worth it.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » February 15, 2014 10:50pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

*trashtalk mode* fear is just trying to make veno into a carry after i dunked all his arguments becouse math eludes him *trashtalk off*

Veno doesnt need changes, he is one of only 4 agi heroes who can support, 5 if you include gyro semi support.

O really Tim?
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » February 15, 2014 10:52pm | Report

Well, I remember him being played as a core Hero if I'm not mistaken: I actually heard it from older players, and with "older" I mean the time when the Vanguard was so strong everyone built it on every single Hero including ranged ones (and Veno).

I believe off-lane Venomancer was played some time ago too, but I don't think he's a viable hard carry because of the lack of scaling abilities.

Yes it's true. I remember playing against him, players would've made Vamgaurd, Ethereal Blade and other DPs items. Yup back then Vanguard was so amazing.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » February 15, 2014 11:24pm | Report
We don't need a Venomancer hard carry rework, Viper exists, he can carry, and has poison!!! Novel idea, leave Veno alone, great hero, if a yung he needs to be toned down.
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 16, 2014 12:22am | Report
F.E.A.R.0 wrote:

O really Tim?

Pretty much, i proved that veno is a bad carry, none of his abilities scale and he loses to a viper all the time. While you claimed veno is a harder carry. I could also upload a video where i let six slotted viper and veno attack eachother and viper always wins but i cant be arsed, becouse i dont need to prove more. I proved it on paper.

Then after you completely ignore that post or the fact that you were wrong, you make some thread about how you would make veno a carry, basicly making him a weird carry nuker viper/veno hybrid which dota doesnt need.

Why dont you put any effort into picking up a calculator before you post rediculous suggestions to beginners and veterans who are like 'WTF'.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 16, 2014 2:47am | Report
yes V-Gods disapprove.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » February 16, 2014 3:13am | Report
Stay tuned for the next episode: support Faceless Void
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 16, 2014 3:35am | Report
"It's the new meta!Special insights of the V-gods regarding tranquil boots on Faceless Void!"

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved