Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Possible buff on a Siege Creep (Catapult)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Possible buff on a Siege Creep (Catapult) 86 posts - page 1 of 9
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » June 30, 2014 10:10am | Report
I was wondering, and I came up with a slight buff to mentioned in the title Siege Creeps that can be quite interesting.

What if Siege Creeps had a passive ability to do a Mini-Stun with 15% chance on the True Random Distribution? That would work only on heroes.

I saw many times heroes trying to escape a gank and when they succesfully outjuked enemies, they are often near a lane path with creeps and they are escaping with Town Portal Scroll. What if that Siege Creep had 15% chance to stop that TP? It would add another factor to the game that can make watching games more entertaininig and less predictable. Players should also bare that in mind and it could make something like "Million Dollar Siege Creep Stun" that could be game-changing.

What are your thoughts about it? How it would change laning stage and fights? Imagine Siege Creep interrupting Black Hole or Fiend's Grip. Is it too OP, or unsignificant? It adds unnecessary randomness to the game or it makes it more complex in a positive way?

Maybe you have some suggestions how to change that? Alternatives.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » June 30, 2014 10:45am | Report
I'm not sure. Although it could be a good idea as siege creeps don't spawn every wave it could screw up a lot of things. Crystal Maidens ultimate is really powerful but is channelled. If you manage to set it up properly only to have a siege creep stun you and mess up the teamfight could be annoying. On the other hand it could be a good idea. I can't really know for sure, but It would certainly make them more of a threat.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 30, 2014 10:55am | Report
Maybe increase the range to 710, so it can attack towers without being attacked? (now it's 690)

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » June 30, 2014 10:58am | Report
I prefer the stun idea. If you increase the range then it becomes way easier to take out towers.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 30, 2014 11:01am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

I prefer the stun idea. If you increase the range then it becomes way easier to take out towers.

But there are enemy creeps. And you have the enemy's siege creep

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » June 30, 2014 11:15am | Report
The way I see it, range is so commonplace. If you give siege creeps something unique, like a stun chance, it adds a whole level to the game.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 30, 2014 11:22am | Report
Maybe a slow?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » June 30, 2014 11:24am | Report
How is a catapult stopping a 5 man Black Hole entertaning? I don't agree. Juking is based on the player's skill, a good juke will often get a player out of bad situations. I don't want no freaking siege creep stun me while I juke then my enemy going like :

"XAXAXAXA HUEHUEHUEHUE RNG in my favor cause catapult stunned you"

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » June 30, 2014 11:29am | Report
As Sofa suggested, perhaps a slow then?

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » June 30, 2014 11:30am | Report
i see no use in adding useless annoying randomness.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved