Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Jugg Question...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Jugg Question... 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » November 22, 2014 6:53am | Report
I've been fooling around with a Jugg build for awhile and finally want to ask every ones opinions on it.

I start with an Aquila rush for pure stats and armor. Followed by plain boots.

Then go for Perseverance to cover health and mana issues.

My first big item would depend on how the game is going. Either Blink Dagger if I'm farming and ganking well. Or slowly build aghs if I'm not. Once one is done, I'll go for the other.

Finally, I'd go back to the perseverance. By now it's usually 20-25 minutes in. I usually go Battle Fury to fully wreck team fights yet would go Linkens if they have someone who is a heavy hitter and I need magical protection from them.

So Aquila (Cheap armor and stats) [Sold for space later on]
Boots (never find need to upgrade)
Perseverance (health and Mana issue fix)
Blink (initiation/ganking tool)
Aghs (More bounces, shorter cooldown, stats)
BF or Linkens (quicker farm, more ult team damage) (magic defense)

Luxury

Butterfly (evade and stats)
BoTs (no more tp scroll)
AC (Armor and armor negation)

Have had off and on success with it. Mostly due to the outside variables such as my team and the other team.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 22, 2014 7:13am | Report
If you just want a quick fix to your mana issues Soul Ring is better than Perseverance.

Battle Fury is indeed a good teamfight item for Jugg but it's best to rush it if you want to get it.

Just like all these heroes with a heal, like Bane, Oracle etc, there is no need for a dedicated mana regen item because soul ring takes care of most of it.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 22, 2014 7:27am | Report
ok first off, NEVER EVER GO PERSEVERANCE. its a terrible item for its cost and even the items that you can build from it are very situational or only picked up on a few heroes. (BF on AM + ember, linkens isnt core anytime, bloodstone is good on timber and situational on a few heroes like storm and necro.)
if you want the regen you get a soul ring, it gives much more regen for much less gold.

honestly even arcane boots would be better since you have infinate health regen anyway. if you dont you are not maxing healing ward, in which case, BE VERY ASHAMED.

aquila, sure, i find that i dont really need it since my early laning damage comes from phase boots.

blink, sure but dont get it if you are the 1 position carry.

aghs, yes, jugger is all about pushing and dodging spells in the teamfight, you dont need to build early rightclick and an aghs will always give you more damage.

battlefury, **** no never, terrible damage, terrible in lategame since it lacks all of the utility.

linkens, the stats it gives are AWEFULL for its cost, so only get it if you are getting disabled by a bane/doom/beast/bat before you get your ultimate off.

butterfly, yes, you can already dodge magic damage and controll and a butterfly can make you really hard to kill.

AC, if your team needs it, its good if you are pushing as 5 a lot. its kind of like a butterfly, and its better against elder titan.

the most important item that you forgot, abyssal blade, this item is just so insanely good in lategame, the damage is good and the instant stun through BKB is just amazing.

drums is also good for early stats and some HP, since you are pretty squishy.

BKB is also good situationally.

my build would mostly be: phase>drums>aghanims>damage/attack speed.

if the game is slow and more farm oriented get a maelstrom and turn it into mjollnir later, never get the battlefury, it has no place on him. he is not ember spirit.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » November 22, 2014 8:05am | Report
^Pretty much sums it up for Juggernaut

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » November 22, 2014 8:25am | Report
Here's an unconventional build

PMS/Soul ring treads drums SnY/Aghs. Then you can go for luxuries

Skill build would be 2 -3-0-1.
Head into offlane and try to survive using blade fury defensively, heal using healing ward. No mana issues whatsoever because of soul ring covers cost of healing ward.
After level 6 you can go for ganking. Improvise thereafter.

This turns jugger into a semi decent offlaner and forces you to foght early if you want to be useful. It makes you see jugger in a new light. Try it you will like it.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » November 22, 2014 10:04am | Report
Play jugg as a snowball carry, don't play it as a farming carry. Play it as you were playing night stalker/bara, keep ganking and pushing, don't waste the 1300 magic damage potential.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » November 22, 2014 6:44pm | Report
MrLocket wrote:

Play jugg as a snowball carry, don't play it as a farming carry. Play it as you were playing night stalker/bara, keep ganking and pushing, don't waste the 1300 magic damage potential.

I usually farm while Omni is down. Then when it's up, I go for pushes/ganks.

Also, don't underestimate BF. I've gotten a lot of Omni multikills due to its pairing with Aghs. My best so far has been a Quadra kill.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » November 22, 2014 7:05pm | Report
MrLocket wrote:

This ^

You can even play him as a Roamer, like Mirana or Pudge, but it can be difficult to pull off.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 23, 2014 2:38am | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

I usually farm while Omni is down. Then when it's up, I go for pushes/ganks.

Also, don't underestimate BF. I've gotten a lot of Omni multikills due to its pairing with Aghs. My best so far has been a Quadra kill.

Dont OVERestimate ommnislash. I tested it in a private lobby and the cleave it gives in hie ult is ****. Plz stop getting it, you will only lose more matches because of it.

Compare it to sleight of fist, improves his farming speed much less then on ember. Doesnt do 1000 damage crits because the jumps arent normal attacks, hits much less units so cleave is much less.

And last but certainly not least: THE SLASHES DONT CLEAVE SINCE THEY ARENT EVEN ATTACKS, ONLY THE ATTACKS BETWEEN SLASHES DO.

So to be really blunt, no you are wrong so stop building battlefury and your winrate will be better and yourr teammates have to facepalm less.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » November 23, 2014 2:47am | Report
Battle Fury is a bad item on Juggernaut. Even if it does improve his farming speed and gives him mana and HP regen it's still bad to build it on him. If you want to do something with Juggernaut is to get items like Desolator, Assault Cuirass, Abyssal Blade, Butterfly, Mjollnir. Since Juggernaut can use items during Omnislash, this is the best suggestion and if your asking why Desolator and Assault Cuirass, it's the only way to deal damage to the enemy with Omnislash since Juggernaut's attacks are no way related to the jump slashes. Juggernaut can make own attacks during Omnislash but you will need high IAS and the chances are little.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved