Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.84 IS HERE

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.84 IS HERE 86 posts - page 3 of 9
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThePipersSon » April 28, 2015 5:58am | Report
Loving the OD aghs idea gives his utility in tea fights not just damage (more damage too thought from all that stolen Intel)

Also we have being theory crafting LC agh idea in a thread on this site for a some time now and finally their is one it's completely unexpected. So looking forward to playing all these new changes!!!!

P.s. Like naga's aghs going to have to start playing her again

ThePipersSon

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » April 28, 2015 6:06am | Report
Cuttleboss wrote:

My guess? A possible new Age of intel carries.

Pretty sure, that's what will happen, especially with the cooldown reduction and spell lifesteal.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » April 28, 2015 6:10am | Report
1.Open local game with 9 friends.
2.Pick Legion Commander, then Lifestealer on the other side, make them lv25 and fully equipped with luxuries using cheat.
3.Also, get some supportive hero equipped with supportive item for the other 8 players.
4.Let Legion Commander duel with Lifestealer, then the other heroes support them with buffs and heals during the duel without damaging the duelists.
5.See who's gonna win the duel, new game mode created.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 28, 2015 6:58am | Report
Okay so...start with the bad news.

- Troll Warlord is still broken. Nothing was nerfed about him. I mean, nothing meaningful. Battle Trance duration, nobody cares about that. His ult is pretty bad, it's not what makes the hero OP : he's OP as a carry not as a teamfight buff machine. What makes the hero OP is his two passives Fervor and Berserker's Rage and they were not touched. Vision on axes? Nobody cares about that. The only meaningful change is that he now has 15 less attack damage. He still has max movement speed and max attack speed. He still has a broken blind with no cooldown. He still permabashes your sorry ***. MMR farm hero confirmed and unchanged.

- Storm Spirit is still broken. 5 movement speed? 5 ****ING MOVEMENT SPEED???? The second most broken hero in the game right now gets a 5 MOVEMENT SPEED NERF THAT DOES NOTHING BECAUSE HE CAN FLY AROUND INVULNERABLE WITH NO MANA COST NO CAST TIME AND NO COOLDOWN?
And who cares about ult vision? He has remnant for that anyways.
**** dota, I'm switching to league of lesbians. They say Ahri is pretty fun to play and at least she's balanced.

- Slark got buffed. Now he has a free item slot with the upgraded Shadow Blade.

- Axe was hardly nerfed at all. Call cast point is nice but it's just a laning nerf, you still can't evade blink call. Movement speed nerf on ult was needed. And call 10 second cooldown is still broken.

- Techies buffs... Can now commit sudoku with no cooldown. And immune to true sight? WTF. At least I hope the sign is well visible and there's no ******** like hiding it in the trees out of vision. I'm sick of this cancer hero...in my team. If enemy team picks it it's fine.

- Bounty Hunter hardly got buffed at all! Sure INT buff is nice, but shuriken range reduced? And dust movement speed slow increased :)

But the good news :

- Enchantress can finaly keep her creeps. And she's now a legit carry since her damage goes through BKB. Gonna be a good pub hero, snowball with ganks and turn into a carry. I'm fine with that.

- Centaur Warrunner finally scales with items. Aghs sounds fun.

- Crystal Maiden my love. Ult cooldown buff is HUGE. And 50% slow :)

- Dark Seer shell lasts longer. More annoying offlane presence yes please.

- Disruptor...my favorite support can now trap people in his ult longer. Is this hero even balanced? He fits the meta perfectly and keeps getting buffed.

- Morphling shotgun is now more convenient. He can now Eblade and then adaptive, and the two projectiles will follow in a quick succession. And it's an actual gun with two bullets, will look cool :)

- Gyrocopter barrage cast point <3

- NEW ITEMS. NEW AGHS

- Juggernaut is now countered by TP scrolls. Is he a joke now?

- Leshrac is now officially OP. You had to do it Icefrog. Not that I'm complaining :)

- Mask of OPness movement speed nerfed YEAH!

- Sniper heavy nerfs. No more mask of OPness, and note the late game nerfs as well. Headshot can miss and the AGI nerf make him a bad, bad carry.

- Supports are getting some love. And new Arcane Boots <3
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » April 28, 2015 7:05am | Report
Salt in hamster is real. Saltier than me usually. Axe nerf and Centaur nerf is huge. Now uou can just cancel your attack animatiob forever while called ans he won't get to spin a all.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 28, 2015 7:26am | Report
^ Well you can't cancel your animation when you're disabled :)

And yes I'm salty as hell that the OPness from the current patch wasn't even dealt with.

Also, where are the Lion/ Earthshaker/ Vengeful Spirit nerfs?
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » April 28, 2015 7:30am | Report
Woah, so many changes here. A lot of which seem to be pretty understated in comparison to the bigger stuff. Like so many little changes to item costs an build ups, which are generally much bigger than people give them credit for at first.

Personally I think we are going to see a lot more Naga Siren either as support or core, thanks to a lot of buffs. Radience actually have some utility now thanks to the miss chance lets the item scale better (Which is important on a 5000+ gold item you rush). A Boots of Travel cooldown reduction is also huge, and support Naga Siren has that really really silly Ag's, which makes her stupidly good in team-fights (A fight going badly? Here, let's have an actual reset now). The consumable attack speed item is also great for a hero who farms faster than the sun burns idiots.

Even the changes to Mud Golems are good for here.

Will comment on more stuff when I get home from uni.

EDIT; About Troll Warlord. I think the 15 damage nerf will mean a decent amount, since it weakens his absurdly good laning stage. And the vision changes on Axe's is kinda big, because the hero is suddenly a lot more jukable, and worse at scouting. As opposed to before, where he had a spammable slow that gave vision, which is kinda silly.

The rest of the nerfs will come in time, exactly like what happen with Faceless Void and Razor. A somewhat subtle prosess to balance the hero out without nerfing it to garbage immediately and having to buff it back later to compensate.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » April 28, 2015 7:30am | Report
OH MY GOD CRYSTAL MAIDEN PLSSSS

Can someone explain to me.. the Luna aghs?

It makes eclipse a target aoe ability instead of following her around?

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » April 28, 2015 7:46am | Report
click on ally within 2200 range and it center's on them.

i think.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by doom007 » April 28, 2015 8:09am | Report
For the new item that applies target skills to the caster, would that mean double duel?

doom007

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved