Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.84 IS HERE

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.84 IS HERE 86 posts - page 6 of 9
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » April 28, 2015 2:43pm | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

There is a separate client called DotA 2 test where you can test all of the updates before they are released onto the main client, mine showed up in my library when i downloaded dota, so if it isn't there I dunno how to get it.

Nice, thanks. Hopefully i can have a go on it later. Want to test out some item combinations... And hopefully Shadow Demon is strong now, i really want to play that guy!

EDIT: double post removed.

OK, i also have a question about Alchemist. It states he can also consume the Aghs himself, i assume this would only give him the stats, or am i missing something?

On a side note, i am going to pressure my fried (whom i normally support) to play alch and get me a 15 minute Aghs on Disruptor.
Dimonychan wrote:

Split-puhing <- when you do it.
Rat doto <- when enemy does it.

Romark14

Notable (7)
Steam: Romark14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » April 28, 2015 3:05pm | Report
yayy Spectre buff

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
Steam: Cottontail Teemo
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » April 28, 2015 3:06pm | Report
Romark14 wrote:

Nice, thanks. Hopefully i can have a go on it later. Want to test out some item combinations... And hopefully Shadow Demon is strong now, i really want to play that guy!

EDIT: double post removed.

OK, i also have a question about Alchemist. It states he can also consume the Aghs himself, i assume this would only give him the stats, or am i missing something?

On a side note, i am going to pressure my fried (whom i normally support) to play alch and get me a 15 minute Aghs on Disruptor.

Yes, as far as I know it only gives him stats. Well, you get some nice stats and raw HP and no inventory slot is used. I can see n00bs crying about accidentally consuming that or the perma 60 attack speed buff... thingy.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » April 28, 2015 3:11pm | Report
Weaver is crazy op as a utility hero. He is a legit offlaner with aghs now. He can turn into carry late like lina, also his support pickup potential is really good even as a 3.

I feel like all melee heroes won't get kited so easily now, they got so much ways to close the gap/disable the ranged heroes, I predict Huskar Ursa and Lifestealer comeback.

Lifestealer offlane with aghs to save carry and turn into carry late? I feel like it's a lategame choice:D k that sounds bad but yknow

Edit: I also feel like we will see normally cores played as a support. The new items feels this way, at least.
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » April 28, 2015 3:11pm | Report
Krwiozerca wrote:

Yes, as far as I know it only gives him stats. Well, you get some nice stats and raw HP and no inventory slot is used. I can see n00bs crying about accidentally consuming that or the perma 60 attack speed buff... thingy.

Yeah, i see people eating the attack speed thing by doubleclicking accidentally! I'll laugh. That's such a good idea though, get it after your farming item and them consume later.

Something we are forgetting here. Spare a moment for our poor Mods who are going to have to overhaul the entire bloody library! I do not pity you.
Dimonychan wrote:

Romark14

Notable (7)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » April 28, 2015 3:12pm | Report
I dont know about that troll nerf. But i remember Kyfrog saying they will only take bonus dmg away.

But wtf am i even talking about

. NUUUUUUU ITEEEEEEMMMMMMSSSSSSSS

*DROOOOOLLLLSSSS*
Terathiel,
Do you remember what we talked in steam chat?
DO YOU ***IN REMEMBER????

lifestealer meta boooooiiiii!!
And did you all even read morphs aghs?
Wtf undercovercastitonterrorbladeusetamorphosiscarrygame420blazeitopyoloswagweedsmokegetrichquick!

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » April 28, 2015 3:55pm | Report
UH I am afraid that this game will turn into LoL.
No joke
They copied Cdr from them.
They copied Spellvamp from them.
Why?
(I never played LoL for 2 weeks some time ago and I hate it)
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » April 28, 2015 4:04pm | Report
michimatsch wrote:

UH I am afraid that this game will turn into LoL.
No joke
They copied Cdr from them.
They copied Spellvamp from them.
Why?
(I never played LoL for 2 weeks some time ago and I hate it)
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Doesn't LoL have a smaller, simpler, item pool? So if anything expanding ours make's it further from it... ...
Dimonychan wrote:

Romark14

Notable (7)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » April 28, 2015 4:38pm | Report
I'm just really confused by this patch.

On the one hand it supports aggressive snowballing into massive undefendable advantage due to the changes to creep gold, and other gold, and making towers slightly easier to take. And a lot of change ups to make very much mid-game items stronger.

But on the other hand you've got a lot of really strong buffs to late game split-pushers, and a lot of incentive to have reaaaaally greedy supports. (What with so many good utility Ag's on none utility heroes).

And on the same vein, you've got an item that seems to suggest that Magical damage dealers are suddenly an pretty good high farm priority with the lifesteal and cooldown reduction (Like Leshrac and Zeus seem awesome with those). But in the same vein you have a lot more magic resistance options than before. (Even just the casual Pipe buff is pretty good).

It's just so weird.

I look forward to a month from now, when a lot of stuff has settled in a bit more.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » April 28, 2015 5:27pm | Report
Romark14 wrote:

Doesn't LoL have a smaller, simpler, item pool? So if anything expanding ours make's it further from it... ...

Not really simple if you think about all the build paths and synergies between items.

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
Steam: Cottontail Teemo
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved