Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.83b fixes and what you want 6.84 to be like

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.83b fixes and what you want 6.84 to be like 70 posts - page 2 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » January 14, 2015 6:39am | Report
I don't have a problem with what is in the patch, just what was left out. I like the idea of decreasing the Pounce duration at lower levels, decreasing the damage feels like the completely wrong way to nerf Slark. In fact, there seems to be a lot lately where Icefrog seems to buff/nerf the part of the hero that doesn't seem to need changes. Him paying attention to only heroes used in the current meta is starting to be irritating. Especially since the meta is gradually opening up to more heroes, he could help that along by making garbage heroes like Alch and Sniper more viable. It also seems weird to not care about pub heroes at all, since most of the player base is, you know, pub players.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 14, 2015 8:10am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

6.83b:
=====
1 Respawn time rescaled from 4*Level to 5 + 3.8*Level (total is still 100 at level 25)
2 Melee/Ranged Barracks team bounty from 125/75 to 175/100 gold
3 Anchor Smash radius reduced from 400 to 375
4 Brewmaster's Hurl Boulder damage reduced from 100 to 50 damage
5 Pounce damage reduced from 55/110/165/220 to 50/100/150/200
6 Juggernaut base armor reduced by 1
7 Omnislash cast range reduced from 450 to 350
8 Chronosphere manacost increased from 150/175/200 to 150/225/300
9 Magic Missile cooldown rescaled from 10 to 13/12/11/10

1st fix is IMO a pretty minor buff to early agression doto - for example, it punishes you more for that firstblood you let them make on Bounty Rune spawn.

Rax gold fix is minor as well, rax are still taken for creeps and not for gold, you can remove gold reward from them completely(just don't touch that sweet lh bonus).

Tidehunter actually bothered me not because he is very unpleasant to lane against as melee/short ranged carry, but because he will cast his ulti no matter what becasue of his ****ing passive - it should not work when Tidehunter is silenced/hexed. or you can just not focus him after silencing/stunning. not shout OMG JUST REMOVE HALF OF HIS SPELL. the game would be very boring quickly if they were balancing stuff like that.

Brewmaster fix, pretty well-deserved, but painful enough, though not so vital as -2 armor nerf in the previous patch. Ouch.

10 patches more, and Slark will actually become balanced kappa. Kinda meh because Dark Pact is better to max anyway, and later that -40 dmg does not matter. so imbalanced urmagurd. noooooooo. he is just good in pubs, and good against teams that cant deal with him. again, if we would balance like that the game would be bland very quickly. just give some minor nerf to essence shift and be done with it.

Juggernaut got hit very hard for no reason. A range of lvl 1 XmtS. **** my life.

Chrono nerf is kinda meh, it's not like Void has manaproblems at all. anctually its really big if you are a smart person that gets refresher. this nerf makes sure he is completely out of potential imba territory.

Leled at Venge "nerf", you fix her the wrong way Iceforg!

Silencer is not fixed underpowerd, Omniknight is not fixed situationally imba, otherwise weak, Necrophos is not fixed not OP, just has kind of a ******** ult cause he used to be ****, Earth Spirit is not fixed agreed, but balancing him is hard, Slark is not fixed not OP like i said, Wraith King is not fixed how is he even OP? dafuq.., Phantom Lancer is not fixed OP against certain lineups, probably needs minor nerfs, Meepo is not fixed yea he can be imba, but he can also be food against certain lineups, and can never be played to his full potential due to us being humans, Zeus is not fixed *standard pub complaints* not OP, not to mention Alchemist and other trash tier heroes who should be fixed too. Instead we get some "fixes" that take 10 minutes to implement, you worked really well Icefrog. this is not a new version, just a quick couple of changes before the DAC.

Now what are you ideas for 6.84(that won't be implemented anyway, but who cares)?

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 14, 2015 9:16am | Report
Quoted:
Same with Omni - you press a button - teamfight is won, press another - and your carry gets a free BKB, easier to counter than Silencer, but too strong nevertheless.

Earth Spirit - ofc you don't :^) (sry Janitsu 4 steel smile)

Wraith King - so... maybe wait for level 11? Switch Treads? Use Stick? Det Drums? He is not about being able to cast ulti on lvl 6, he's about being ridicoulosly strong no matter how you build him - either as heavy single-target DPS hero with Blink, Armlet, Basher, and stuff, or as some AOE sun with Rad, Mjollnir, BM and friends.

1. Diffusal Blade

2. Right... he is actually balanced now, believe it or not. Has a global silence that is infinitely harder to pull off, that's the OP thing about him... actual Magnetize damage is trash... if you can dodge the stones and not be braindead.

3. Kite him to death, yes, even with Blink Dagger. One of the most kite prone heroes in the entire game next to Sven and Ursa. Hell, if think he's that much of a problem, just get Shadow Demon, purge him in every fight. Boom. Even Crystal Maiden can run away from him just with a Ghost Scepter and a pair of boots (which you should have at around 25 minutes even if ward whoring).

You see... the fact that nobody does it in pubs... doesn't make the hero stronger. This is one of the few reasons why I try to give advice to people during the game, instead, all they do is : "You're bad, because hey you are 0/2/20 you have no kills even if I netted you 10 the entire game". AND YOU DIED TWICE AS WELL AXAXA HUEHUEHUE". Yes, to protect the carry.

People should learn to listen, watch, and adapt. The fact that you buy Linken's Sphere once every 15 games with the same hero just to counter something like Flaming Lasso or Doom is not really adapting.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 14, 2015 9:33am | Report
Omniknight : buy as many diffusals as you want, Aghs-refresher Omni is still a teamfight autowin. There are 5 heroes in his team and he ults twice. You can't diffusal a whole team, so your Dusa/Gyro/Imbaspirit/whatever is still going to cry. The only thing that makes this balanced is the fact that he farms pretty slowly. Still...I get that kind of farm in about half my games when I play him. Stacking jungle camps and clearing them with Soul Ring is actually pretty efficient. Besides once he has Aghs he can be almost completely AFK farm and still ult when his team needs it. In the current ricing meta...he's one of the best late game utility heroes a la Doom, Necrophos, Dark Seer etc. Very strong hero right now. Wouldn't say OP because he pays for it by being the greediest support pick ever, but if you can get away with it...
And then he buys Blink Dagger. Instant Repel at any moment to save his carry...GG.
It's kind of the same reason why you go Aghs-refresher on Warlock, because you can diffusal 1 golem but you can't diffusal 4 of them.

@ Timminator : Slark is a top pick in competitive doto. He's not just a pub scrub exterminator. He is ALSO a top pick at 6K MMR and people there say he's broken.
Honestly I'm still having trouble knowing if he's balanced or not, like 2/3 of the Slarks I play against are completely useless and the remaining ones feel like the hero is broken. His early game definitely needs a nerf though, 3.5 second disable at level 1 is just stupid.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 14, 2015 9:45am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

@ Timminator : Slark is a top pick in competitive doto. He's not just a pub scrub exterminator. He is ALSO a top pick at 6K MMR and people there say he's broken.
Honestly I'm still having trouble knowing if he's balanced or not, like 2/3 of the Slarks I play against are completely useless and the remaining ones feel like the hero is broken. His early game definitely needs a nerf though, 3.5 second disable at level 1 is just stupid.

he is a high priority pick/ban in the CIS region because of the way russian doto is, and they have some really good slark players, outside of that he isnt picked that much.

i would be completely ok with it if they made his laning just a bit weaker by making the disable scale, it wont matter that much to me sicne ill be maxing it anyway, especially if they impelement a nerf like that.
sure give him slightly worse laning stage, which will matter the most in pubs anyway.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 14, 2015 9:47am | Report
Ummm...it's not just about the laning stage, it's about his ability to get first blood. I's just sick of seeing Slarks get fb at rune spots with that ridiculous 3.5 second leash. Happens in competitive too.

Personally I think Icefraud wanted to make a mid-game snowballer so he gave him ridiculous early-mid game presence, but I think he really underestimated the carry potential he gets from Essence Shift. So either nerf his early game hard or nerf essence shift. Personally I'm for the early game nerfs.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » January 14, 2015 10:02am | Report
Omniknight's ultimate is pretty much a click-to-win button IF his opposite team have next to zero magical damage.

IMO his ultimate is "ok" now because it only helps against physical damage and he can't cast Repel to all his teammate at the same time, just purge the right target and hit him hard.

Still nerf(s) can be given like shorter radius ( aghanim's upgrade is still global but duration remains the same ), or it places a shield that blocks physical damage (maybe... 1500/2500/3500)? on every affected allied units instead of granting them total immunity to physical damage so won't be too OP in late game.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 14, 2015 10:34am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

1. Diffusal Blade

2. Right... he is actually balanced now, believe it or not. Has a global silence that is infinitely harder to pull off, that's the OP thing about him... actual Magnetize damage is trash... if you can dodge the stones and not be braindead.

3. Kite him to death, yes, even with Blink Dagger. One of the most kite prone heroes in the entire game next to Sven and Ursa. Hell, if think he's that much of a problem, just get Shadow Demon, purge him in every fight. Boom. Even Crystal Maiden can run away from him just with a Ghost Scepter and a pair of boots (which you should have at around 25 minutes even if ward whoring).

You see... the fact that nobody does it in pubs... doesn't make the hero stronger. This is one of the few reasons why I try to give advice to people during the game, instead, all they do is : "You're bad, because hey you are 0/2/20 you have no kills even if I netted you 10 the entire game". AND YOU DIED TWICE AS WELL AXAXA HUEHUEHUE". Yes, to protect the carry.

People should learn to listen, watch, and adapt. The fact that you buy Linken's Sphere once every 15 games with the same hero just to counter something like Flaming Lasso or Doom is not really adapting.

1. As Hamster noted, his ulti is for whole team, you can't purge everyone.
2. Since when even 50 DPS became miserable? And how can you dodge stones without some type of a getaway ability - they are almost instant, and the range is ridiculous. Not to mention he is elusive as ****, saves allies as ****, ****s your positioning as... well, ****, silences you hard, stuns you from 1000000 range... and you don't even have to gring a hero that much to do most of these things. I don't ES is picked in most high-MMR games by dudes that often can play only this hero competitively(for this bracket) is because he is just "good". He needs to be fixed, I think cooldown nerfs would be enough but I don't know for sure.

3. That's why AOE sun(EviLArthas' build if you wish) build is more popular in high-ranked games - unless you have manaburn, the hero is broken with that build. And saying "just kite him" is like saying "just don't let Void get you in Chrono" - different situations happen, we are all people, we can't calculate everything. The elemesn of surprise when he blinks and throws a stun right in your face, permabashing you(minute 25, right?) works pretty often.

And for your advice... usually, when people make a mistake, they realise it right after they made it, or right after they met the consequences of that mistake, there is no need to ask them "Dude, why would you do yhat, you shouldn't have do that, etc etc", it really makes people mad as they understand what they have done wrong and how should have they behaved, no need to piss them off even more. Try to give advice before something awful happens, or you will be just like this guy

meet cpt hindsight and his fellows shoulda, coulda and woulda

Not to be taken offensively.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » January 14, 2015 10:35am | Report
Lot of sense spoken here.

Slark - main issue isn't damage, we need scaling on that leash duration, it's not exactly hard to land, even without a slow or stun setup. I think a bigger CD on Essence Shift would be fairer too, again scaling by level, but still based around "can only work X times per second".

Omniknight - very greedy, can't really roam, needs the right lane and allies badly. Yeah his ult is great with a Scepter. Even then - can be countered effectively even without Diffusal Blade or Fortune's End - something like Song of the Siren can simply let your team withdraw and then fight once it's back on that very long CD.

Hamstertamer wrote:

- Leshrac
Reworked his cast animation to be less "hey look at me I'm putting my arms in the air this means I'm about to use my completely unreliable stun and you have about one hour to juke it".

This!

Start casting -> "Why hello there, my name is Leshrac" -> "The range on my stun is very short, and I'm such a well mannered fellow that I'd like to warn you that some time in the next week my stun is going to land" -> "Look, I'm waving my arms in the air! I might be really sneaky and about to press the stop button to cancel, or I might be casting it where I think you'll move, I'm such a kidda" -> "Really, this is your last warning - so you may want to move a few inches to the side" -> enemy moves 1 unit left -> stun misses.

It's hardly like Leshrac is so OP you can't make him less dependent on good setup. Or that in ricing meta where you get about a billionty glyphs to stop early game pushes that he might seem at a disadvantage...
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 14, 2015 11:36am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

1. As Hamster noted, his ulti is for whole team, you can't purge everyone.
2. Since when even 50 DPS became miserable? And how can you dodge stones without some type of a getaway ability - they are almost instant, and the range is ridiculous. Not to mention he is elusive as ****, saves allies as ****, ****s your positioning as... well, ****, silences you hard, stuns you from 1000000 range... and you don't even have to gring a hero that much to do most of these things. I don't ES is picked in most high-MMR games by dudes that often can play only this hero competitively(for this bracket) is because he is just "good". He needs to be fixed, I think cooldown nerfs would be enough but I don't know for sure.

3. That's why AOE sun(EviLArthas' build if you wish) build is more popular in high-ranked games - unless you have manaburn, the hero is broken with that build. And saying "just kite him" is like saying "just don't let Void get you in Chrono" - different situations happen, we are all people, we can't calculate everything. The elemesn of surprise when he blinks and throws a stun right in your face, permabashing you(minute 25, right?) works pretty often.

And for your advice... usually, when people make a mistake, they realise it right after they made it, or right after they met the consequences of that mistake, there is no need to ask them "Dude, why would you do yhat, you shouldn't have do that, etc etc", it really makes people mad as they understand what they have done wrong and how should have they behaved, no need to piss them off even more. Try to give advice before something awful happens, or you will be just like this guy

meet cpt hindsight and his fellows shoulda, coulda and woulda

Not to be taken offensively.

still i dont get why you find him to be so OP. this is honestly the first time ive heard someone say it.
he is melee, he is pretty bad from behind. he farms only decently when he has maelstrom/mjollnir. he needs lvl 16 badly. why is he so special?

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved