Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.83b fixes and what you want 6.84 to be like

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.83b fixes and what you want 6.84 to be like 70 posts - page 1 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 14, 2015 5:08am | Report
6.83b:
=====
1 Respawn time rescaled from 4*Level to 5 + 3.8*Level (total is still 100 at level 25)
2 Melee/Ranged Barracks team bounty from 125/75 to 175/100 gold
3 Anchor Smash radius reduced from 400 to 375
4 Brewmaster's Hurl Boulder damage reduced from 100 to 50 damage
5 Pounce damage reduced from 55/110/165/220 to 50/100/150/200
6 Juggernaut base armor reduced by 1
7 Omnislash cast range reduced from 450 to 350
8 Chronosphere manacost increased from 150/175/200 to 150/225/300
9 Magic Missile cooldown rescaled from 10 to 13/12/11/10

1st fix is IMO a pretty minor buff to early agression doto - for example, it punishes you more for that firstblood you let them make on Bounty Rune spawn.

Rax gold fix is minor as well, rax are still taken for creeps and not for gold, you can remove gold reward from them completely(just don't touch that sweet lh bonus).

Tidehunter actually bothered me not because he is very unpleasant to lane against as melee/short ranged carry, but because he will cast his ulti no matter what becasue of his ****ing passive - it should not work when Tidehunter is silenced/hexed.

Brewmaster fix, pretty well-deserved, but painful enough, though not so vital as -2 armor nerf in the previous patch. Ouch.

10 patches more, and Slark will actually become balanced kappa. Kinda meh because Dark Pact is better to max anyway, and later that -40 dmg does not matter.

Juggernaut got hit very hard for no reason. A range of lvl 1 XmtS. **** my life.

Chrono nerf is kinda meh, it's not like Void has manaproblems at all.

Leled at Venge "nerf", you fix her the wrong way Iceforg!

Silencer is not fixed, Omniknight is not fixed, Necrophos is not fixed, Earth Spirit is not fixed, Slark is not fixed, Wraith King is not fixed, Phantom Lancer is not fixed, Meepo is not fixed, Zeus is not fixed, not to mention Alchemist and other trash tier heroes who should be fixed too. Instead we get some "fixes" that take 10 minutes to implement, you worked really well Icefrog.

Now what are you ideas for 6.84(that won't be implemented anyway, but who cares)?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oldKainen » January 14, 2015 5:49am | Report
Necrophos is definitely broken. His aura needs a big nerf. That's his real problem, no one can stand near him with that thing.
Alchemist needs a buff to his stats gain, is quite a trash.

Most of the other heroes you mentioned will gain buff after buff until picked by the pros (like what happened with Juggernaut).

oldKainen

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (14)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 14, 2015 5:52am | Report
its not the aura that makes necro broken.its his ultimate.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 14, 2015 5:53am | Report
see Juggernaut's Omnislash check radius will also be decreased and this means: more slashes on one person.
A buff and a nerf in one.
Quoted:
Silencer is not fixed, Omniknight is not fixed, Necrophos is not fixed, Earth Spirit is not fixed, Slark is not fixed, Wraith King is not fixed, Phantom Lancer is not fixed, Meepo is not fixed, Zeus is not fixed, not to mention Alchemist and other trash tier heroes who should be fixed too. Instead we get some "fixes" that take 10 minutes to implement, you worked really well Icefrog.

Do you even know how much alpha testing they needed just to implement this?

Most of the heroes you mentioned are skill based heroes. Its like you want to *fix* oracle.
They are not tinker spamming Marches and lazing around doing nothing otherwise.
They HAVE FIXED earth spirit.
PL has been reworked, learn to play him and deal with him.
Zeus needs a range improvement,nothing more. He need not be nerfed.
Meepo nerf is supposedly in the works = poof doing damage at only one location. But still, he is balanced based on skill level.

There are some heroes that HAVE TO BE PHASED OUT of META. Want to overcomplicate things? the hero pool right now is appropriately wide and balanced.

Ricing meta is here to stay for 3 patches atleast, post that we may see some interesting reworks;until then DEAL WITH IT.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 14, 2015 5:54am | Report
The check radius has not been reduced.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oldKainen » January 14, 2015 6:12am | Report
Play against a Necrophos in lane, Kody. You can stand near him, man. The ult also needs some changes, but his aura is outstanding too.

oldKainen

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (14)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 14, 2015 6:12am | Report
Quoted:

Silencer - does what is supposed to do, niche pick against teamfight heavy teams.
Omniknight - broken? What crack are you on.
Necrophos - ult needs a nerf, maybe just like Culling Blade received, reduce the treshold (the damage per life missing) but make it the the original value once he gets aghs.
Earth Spirit - no idea what you are talking about
Slark - Essence Shift is just too good. Here we're already talking about the hero's full kit, he can't do anyhing else but rework it atm.
Wraith King - **** because now he can't cast both ult and a stun in the same fight at level 6 - unless you get Soul Ring.
Phantom Lancer - doing what he is supposed to do, also broken? Wat?
Zeus - Not even close to broken.
Alchemist - Needs a major buff.

Only ones I see that are broken atm from your list are Necrophos and Slark.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 14, 2015 6:13am | Report
Faceless Void actually got a petty big nerf. Don't forget that his late game is all about Refresher Orb. It essentially means that you can't double chrono anymore.

Vengeful Spirit : the point of this change is to nerf the build where you max wave and aura with only 1 value point in missile. In pubs everybody maxes missile anyways for roaming so we don't care about that.

Juggernaut : no words there. Completely unfair and heavy nerf on a hero who was just beginning to become decent. I'm switching to LoL.

Okay so for 6.84 :

- Alchemist
Base armor increased from 1.5 to 3
Strength gain from 1.8 to 2.5
Bonus movement speed from ulti from 30/40/60 to 40/50/60

- Io
Blink Dagger exploit fixed (can no longer Tether from outside range by abusing a blink bug)
Relocate now silences Wisp during the cast delay (can no longer ult and then Tether to save allies, has to tether then ult)

- Timbersaw
Aghanim's Scepter Chakram damage reduced to 70% of the original Chakram damage (non-Aghs damage unchanged)

- Tusk
walrus punch! damage multiplier from 350% to 300/375/425%

- Axe
Base strength reduced from 25 to 23

- Pudge
Base strength reduced from 25 to 23

- Sand King
Caustic Finale replaced by an actually useful skill

- Lifestealer
Base movement speed from 315 to 325

- Anti-Mage
intelligence gain from 1.8 to 2.4

- Juggernaut
Skilling Omnislash passively increases movement speed by 10/25/35

- Necrophos
Reaper's Scythe additional respawn time rescaled from 30 seconds to 10/15/20 seconds + 10% of base respawn time
Heartstopper Aura damage reduced from 0.6/0.9/1.2/1.5% to 0.3/0.7/1.1/1.5%

- Vengeful Spirit
Wave of Terror deals double damage to creeps

- Sniper
Removed from Captain's mode
Complete rework into a long range INT nuker

- Shadow Fiend
Attack range from 500 to 540

- Broodmother
Spiderlings now only get free pathing through terrain, but not through units (This way they don't overlap with each other in a buggy way)

- Slark
Pounce leash duration from 3.5 seconds to 2/2.5/3/3.5 seconds
Shadow Dance is no longer disabled by the presence of Observer Wards
Day vision from 1800 to 1100 (night vision still 1800)
Essence Shift duration at max level from 120 to 95 seconds (optional)

- Crystal Maiden
Aghanim's Scepter Freezing Field : Slow now goes through magic immunity (damage is still blocked)

- Storm Spirit
Ball Lightning damage reduced from 8/12/16 by 100 units to 6/9/12 per 100 units

- Jakiro
Ice Path nerf

- Ogre Magi
Starting strength reduced from 23 to 20

- Skywrath Mage
Concussive Shot range from 1600 to 800/1100/1300/1600

- Techies
Reporting a Techies picker for intentional feeding no longer reduces your maximum number of reports

- Leshrac
Reworked his cast animation to be less "hey look at me I'm putting my arms in the air this means I'm about to use my completely unreliable stun and you have about one hour to juke it".

- outworld devourer
Base HP regen increased from 0.25 to 1.5
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 14, 2015 6:16am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

its not the aura that makes necro broken.its his ultimate.

I would even add: aghs upgrade. Being able to kill a hero on 55% hp and do not let them respawn for almost 3 minutes it OP. I think this is the fix for him(btw ulti info is still not updated for 6.82):

- Damage rescaled to 0.3/0.6/0.9(now 0.4 on lvl 1, with 30 sec respawn timer is too OP that early);
- Stun element is removed. Instead, Necrophos put "a mark" on the target, and if during 2.5/2/1.5 seconds the target moves more than 800 units away from Necrophos, the damage will be halved.
- Aghanim's Scepter bring the damage coef to 1 on all levels, increases AOE to 1000, and forbids buyback from enemy killed by his ultimate.

May require some changes, but overall seems fair for me.

Most of heroes are listed do not require a buff, they require some nerfs, serious, or not.

@Wulstan:
Silencer - a support that humiliates most heroes in lane, has a global that wrecks most heroes even with BKB, especially if your team is supposed to initiate, and has some decent lategame(at least by not being a squishy bun with 0 armor, levae aside his glaives) is too strong to be even tried to call balanced.

Same with Omni - you press a button - teamfight is won, press another - and your carry gets a free BKB, easier to counter than Silencer, but too strong nevertheless.

Earth Spirit - ofc you don't :^) (sry Janitsu 4 steel smile)

Wraith King - so... maybe wait for level 11? Switch Treads? Use Stick? Det Drums? He is not about being able to cast ulti on lvl 6, he's about being ridicoulosly strong no matter how you build him - either as heavy single-target DPS hero with Blink, Armlet, Basher, and stuff, or as some AOE sun with Rad, Mjollnir, BM and friends.

Phantom Lancer - unless countered. Timber, Death Prophet and likes eat him, but otherwise he just gets Diffusal, and wrecks you all.

Zeus has too much magic damage, if he is not brain-dead and gets eul's and link before Aghs and if he has a fat *** ally to cover his back he just melts everything, no matter how tanky you are. Need to balance him - give more stats(str), but nerf W and E.

@Hamster:
Void - true, didn't see that. Well, I think at this point it's enough for Void, he is completely nerfed, err, I mean, balanced.

Venge - tbh I never understood that - how can you disregard that crazy 360 damage nuke for some -armor and physical damage that is nice, but still does not impact the gank as much as magical damage. Besides, Venge's problem is she has to die every time, meaning somefree gold for enemy team. Her skillset needs to be changed a bit so she doesn't act like a kamikaze.

Agree on Jugg, this doesn't break him, but definetly makes his gameplay harder.

As for, 6.84:

I don't think Io needs a nerf to his ult, stun removal from Tehther was enough to balance him, this will make him too weak IMO considering he is only a hero for stacks, even 4-5 ones I would say.

Sand King has very strong Q, W and R, you have to balance it by some next-to-useless passive.

AM could use some str buff as well, he is just soooooo squishy.

I think Juggernaut buff is a little overkill, constant ms increase 305->315 would work much better for him IMO, and he regains armor he just lost.

Otherwise great fixes, just don't see why woyuld you hit Pudge, he is finally a hero now.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 14, 2015 6:17am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

The check radius has not been reduced.

OK,
that still doesnt mean a nerf.
He already had to go near them.

Let me confirm this.

I think they should have touched Necrophos

Void chrono refresh needs 1065 mana(includes 1 time walk) and he has 923 mana at level 25.
Couple this with aghs , void has 1203 mana. Chrono is possible, but extremely late. That was what they aimed at. You can still do this at lvl 19 with a manta. lvl 16 if you have switched to int treads. Then be sure to die if you havent killed them, you have nothing else for even casting time walk.
I think the patch is legit and pretty much uncomplainable on contents, though you can rant on what was left.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved